Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Somaliland Is Suffering From AIDS! But There is a Cure and Hope!

....that is Aid Induced Dependency Syndrome.

we are making the necessary arrangements to make this country AIDS free. this is the african century and the time has come to kick out all these NGOs and the corrupt INGOs. the National Development Plan vision - http://slministryofplanning.org/images/nationl_plan/ndp-executive-summary.pdf will rid this country of this disease.

Tallaabo   

Siyaasi;860846 wrote:
you start and resign from your post as an NGO worker.....lets see if you are a good example Mr Alpha.
:)

+1

i don't work as an NGO worker u div! i hate NGOs and see them as purely 'foreign agents'. they've infiltrated every aspect of society. its disgraceful. i know many NGO workers some even at the top end of the pyramid. they disgust me with their mocking anecdotal little stories lol.

Blessed   

Well this a surprise but I agree wholeheartedly with you Alpha. The NDP looks promising but is still a little easy on those bloody NGOs.

Tallaabo   

What is wrong with you folks? NGOs help the needy people. If you two can give some of your earnings to Somaliland's needy, then I will join your campaign against the NGOs.

Blessed   

^80% of their funds benefits NGOs and their workers. Their very existence is dependent on our people remaining needy / poor.

Blessed   

I agree, some of them deliver but the majority are useless. There needs to be more accountability to the public on their part for starters and a long term strategy for our country to be self-reliant.

Ibtisam   

I hate NGOs too. I hate those silly reports they write even more and their overuse of buzz words that mean jackshiid. Most of all I dislike some of the people who work for NGOs, who endless moan about backward people, how cleaver they are, how much scarifies they are making for being paid to fill out justifications forms, reports and heaven forbid meet few locals (as suppose to them being jobless in the west).

Down down with the NGO business for it is nothing more than money making business, with the lion share, shared out in Kenya and the few Somalis here getting the crumbs to justify their existence.

Not one NGO has an exit strategy for when they are no longer need, each one needs to write how bad Somalia/ Somaliand is to justify their presence, their RnR paid holidays and pay grade for working in a war zone etc :P

Yep- NGOs and their workers probably pray for instability and chaos, so their donor keeps flowing, their projects sustained and payment to increase.

P.s. There are some exceptions but they tent to have their own agend- mainly religous, but they are a lot smaller and more effective.

The NDP is good,but a very tall order to achieve!

LANDER   

Why don't you tell us what you do Alpha blondy and how that differs from NGOs. It's one thing to criticize its another to be part of the solution.

Chimera   

300km of coastline - millions of tons of fish = worth billions. + potential tourism.

Gold and Gemstones = worth billions.

Coal reserves = worth billions.

Millions of livestock = worth billions when converted into milk products and pre-packed meat.

Deepsea port, and several minor ones = worth billions if turned into a hub.

Oil reserves = worth billions.

What a joke, it should have been Somali NGOs going to Europe and the Americas to help with the economic crisis, instead of the reverse.

lol@LANDER, the Somali-'Lander' from a distance who sits on the sidelines and hurls abusive words on alpha.

the solution is fairly simple. kick them out. my friend was telling me the other day there are 40,000 people employed in the whole country. this is potentially true if we consider those employed in the formal sectors of the economy.