Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Amal Aden

Mario B   

Garnaqsi;862189 wrote:
I don't really know, but be honest Mario, how widespread do you think some of the things she stated are?

I agree we have those sort of issues in our communities, how widespread it is it's difficult to tell, but what we all need is to be role models for our young in order to ease the burden of our parents [ some whom are illiterate] by becoming bridge with our new society that we find ourselves in. I believe if we can communicate better with our neighbours, schools and work place, we can break the boundaries of alienation, mistrust and suspicious. We need to learn the laws of the land and what citizenship entails and cut trouble [ in the neighbourhood,school and work place] in the bud before it grows bigger, and that can only come from civic duty to our communities and society at large.

Our host nations should know that we mean no harm and if we fail, it's because of human nature and not because of a hate we have for them.

Hopefully as Somalia improves, the Mothers and Fathers who are in the diaspora will get some psychological relief and settle better in their new society or go back home and enjoy the peace in their homeland.

Maarodi   

Jacpher;860605 wrote:
Apophis:
As I said these are offensive racist stereotypes. If it were coming from a non-somali, most people [including you] would find it offensive and a racist garbage. No different than saying nothing good about madoow except committing crimes and mooch on government caawimo. Plain and simple.

The little I read about her, she doesn't come across as bright and sophisticated as you see her. Exploiting the shortcomings of some in the community and the cultural differences as a ploy to get to fame and milk the system isn't success, not to me. Calooshiis u shaqeyste aan damiir laheyn baa waxaas ku dhaqma. This ain't about her sexuality but her views which you highlighted as truth.

She serves a purpose which is being the native informer, which is why her BS isn't called out as such. Just like her predecessor Ayan Hirsi. But what I don't understand is, why align yourself with people who clearly hate everything you are (obviously skin color). It reminds me of Dave Chappelle and the Black Klansman skit.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if she set her eyes on "reforming" Islam. First start with your own community, build trust with simple generalizations and native informing and then build on that until you reach the root of the cause: Islam, you can already see the clues in her wiki page specifically when it says, "In 2010, after an ongoing public debate about if Grønland could or would become a Muslim city district, she claimed it had already become one many years ago". Europe in tough economic times will actually eat up her toxic rhetoric Tariq Ali reminds us with an American context but could still apply to Europe as well,

When the ideological system and the media networks need such people as [Manji], they arrive and they emerge. And this applies not just to Islam and Irshad Manji and Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who produce the most appalling second-rate—if not third-rate—material based on a combination of encouraging ignorance, willful untruths in the case of Ayaan Hirsi Ali, utilizing some episodes in their own past to make generalizations which don’t apply, and then are treated as if they were the modern Voltaire. Basically, when you have a wave of Islamophobia, these people play a very pernicious role, but are needed, and are used, and are promoted, and this happens systematically in the western world. Why these third-rates are published and treated like this is not a mystery to me, because [the elites] need them to, in order to maintain this new post-9/11 situation that “Even though not all Muslims are bad, Islam is a real problem.”

(Source: Vue Weekly)