Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Amal Aden

Garnaqsi   
I highly doubt the honesty of those who say what she said is not true. In my experience, all of what she said is true for at least 80% of Somalis, except perhaps the violence part. I volunteered in a Somali community centre in my school days and was so shocked!

The single worst mistake the diaspora made was to congregate together in to ethnic enclaves. Why leave Somalia to go and live in a Somali neighborhood? The apologists in the community fail to mention that many other groups (such as the Chinese, Indian, Iranian etc.) have also been stigmatized in the west, yet they hold many of the top jobs here in academia and have vibrant communities.

Taleexi   

Tolow naaguhu maxay naagaha ku arkeen. Wax kale ma odhan karo bal raggu ha dedaalo!,

Abwaan - Isxayaysiinta baan ka xumaaday sheekada inteeda kale wax ka soo qaad ma leh.

- Canada week is almost over coming back home tomorrow to smell the coffee ! -

Apophis;861170 wrote:
I guess the elementary advise of "don't judge a book by its cover" and "don't be naive" were never taught in your school.

Look if someone said to you that they are in Al-Shabab not only would you judge them (and rightly so) but you would go on to condemn the whole of the Somali community, as you have done so in this very thread.

This woman, is a member of an extremist party. Her membership is not something as superficial as the cover of a book, rather it is demonstrative of the affirmative steps she has taken to align herself with neo-nazis. She is nothing more than the lawn jockey of this racist party and for that, yes I will judge her. And your cliched cliche of "Don't judge a book by its cover" is moot here.

NGONGE   

It's never about what you say. It's all about how it is said. If this girl wasn't a lesbian, I would have had the perfect man for her here on SOL. :D

(no, not Apophis, ALPHA, ALPHA!).

Mario B   

Garnaqsi;861167 wrote:
I highly doubt the honesty of those who say what she said is not true. In my experience, all of what she said is true for at least 80% of Somalis, except perhaps the violence part. I volunteered in a Somali community centre in my school days and was so shocked!

Lol. Garnaqsi is using anecdotal evidence to come up with the 80% statistics. Coming from a man who relies on "factual objectivity" this is very depressing reading indeed. :eek:

^^^ agree with you here Mario.Their example of somalis is a full plane straight from refugee camp that just landed.Those of us came early when things were much easier have the audacity to think like sinister skinheads.

Mario B   

Apophis;861954 wrote:
Sorry to burst your respective bubbles but pay attention to the highlighted keywords.

Ganarqsi/The Freeman or whatever other names you use on this forum, my criticism is your use of anecdotal evidence[ your experience] to support this woman's factual fallacy/generalization. Maybe I didn't make my self clear enough.

@Apohis...ye right ,read this again.......[[.Their example of somalis is a full plane straight from refugee camp that just landed.Those of us came early when things were much easier have the audacity to think like sinister skinheads.]]

were all WETBACKS when we first arrived:mad:

Apohis^^^ O.K . I already mentioned the need to look at that angle(high unemployment).Why be so harsh when you already know the symptoms of disease.What am trying to dispel here is that no people should be profiled & specially not by their own.I'm very much aware what they been saying about Jews that lead to holocaust in europe even when they were the richest ethnic group.Not saying that's gona happen but fact is such like nazis will be in your tail no matter what.So the need to tread carefully.The only solution for us is to work hard & dig underground back home and hopefully one day soon,too soon, leave dog live behind.Amen.Amin etc.

Mario B   

Apophis;861993 wrote:
everything is fine
thinking has destroyed the African Americans & Caribbean communities; we maybe next (already the rare phenomenon of 'single parents' and fatherless children is common, at least in Europe).

Lol. Apophis is advocating the return to "back to basics" and "family values". The problem of single mothers or absent fathers is prevalent wherever Somalis reside. Nomadic Somalis men are known for their fathering of children and then moving on to next fertile plains in order spread their seeds. I will describe Somalis to be serial monogamists [ because of high divorce rates with the occasional polygamist in their midst.]