Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

FAARAX MACALLIN on Zenawi's Passing

raula   

Faafan thx for the video..Indeed FM has never hidden his true intentions/sentiments about Somalia, Ethiopia, or the USA for that matter. I remember the visa situation..when it sparked up..lol. This guy is a true nationalist i.e. (Somali-Kenyan) & for anyone to say that he doesn't know (especially) his regional history is an understatement. He put's those Kenyan politicians/Parliamentarians who speak foul of the poor somali refugees in their places. Brilliant FM & thank you for standing up for all of us. He will be a remarkable president :D

Mooge   

this farax guy is a bafoon. i remember a while ago when some somaliland business people bribed him to visit lascanood and give ssome legitimacy to somaliland in its claims on lascanod. believe it or not he actually did it and everyone in nairobi was like this man is moron and beyond hopeless.

nin caqli badan maaha. waa nacnacle.

there is a whole thread dedicated to his visit of Lascanood. loool

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/40032-Faarax-Macalin-Oo-dhagartiisii-Qirtay-amp-Been-Qaawan-oo-uu-ka-sheegay-SSC

Faafan   

Wild accusations...Farah Maalim is a diplomat, he never supported secession.I personally saw him in a live audience speech and he said he is willing to go to any corner of Somalia to promote peace visiting Somaliland is not a crime.

Faafan   

Mr Maalim has been linked to secessionists groups in Somalia, raising questions in some quarters on the nature of his relationship and the motive.

Last year, some blogs on Somalia were abuzz with speculation that he had been barred from travelling to the US because of his criticism of America's role in the Somali peace effort as well as his links to some groups in the Horn of Africa.

But the deputy Speaker, whose constituency neighbour's Somalia, insists that he has been working with what he calls "progressive secularist" forces seeking to stabilise the region.

Mr Maalim says that he has no relationship with secessionists and militant outfits such as al-Shabaab, an offshoot of the Islamic Courts Union.

"I supported the Islamic Courts Union to hell but I have never been sympathetic to al-Shabaab. They (al-Shabaab) call me an infidel," he told the Sunday Nation in an interview. "Al-Shabaab is a creation of the West."

Faafan   

^Cabdi Ilay is a prisoner in Jigjiga with several undiagnosed mental illnesses, he wields no power except that of which is granted to him by his federal tigray superiors or the Generals in Harar and Jigjiga.Farax Macalin is an elected Mp from the constinuency of Lagddheera.Both regions are missing puzzles of Somaliweyn but live in 2 different systems.One is a military/police state the other is a multi-party democracy that has made great strides to reform, there is a big contrast between its past oppressive actions towards Somalis and today(not claiming things are patchy but significantly better).Farax Macalin is not a stooge and anyone with an ear to Kenyan politics would know that.If Kibaki rubbed him wrong he would not hesitate in politically castrating the old man after-all he is with Raila Odinga's ODM. :)

NGONGE   

Che -Guevara;859989 wrote:
NGONGE.....It seems you are more than OK with crimes Zenawi's admin committed against Somalis. Maybe to you, that's not worth any emotion and that's fine.

Not at all. I just don't give more value to an Ethiopian bullet as opposed to a Kenyan one. You on other hand seem to only see Ethiopian atrocities and Ethiopian damage. There are lots of bad guys around that are killing Somalis today (and have been killing them), you are happy to support Al Shabab and Kenya but when it comes to Zenawi, oooh he's the big monstor. Wax fahan.

AYOUB   

A_Khadar;859819 wrote:
This is what I was saying on other thread...

Kudos, Farax Macalin... At least I am not alone with believe... Zanawi was behind Shabab and since his illness, the group was on the run...

Think about it; have Mullahs issuing death threats in Macalin backyard, big ships docking and planes landing in Kismayo, the photo of Godane "most wanted" not published, Dahir Aweys with no price tag on his head, etc etc.

The game is bigger than Meles and Musevenis IMO. Till the day the likes of Farah Macalin speak the whole truth, I will still consider him scared or one of the little fish in the pond.

NGONGE   

I missed Khadar's reply to me earlier. I still say it's not a corner shop warya. Now the whole of Ethiopia functioned ok for the last three months without Zenawi but the Shabab missed his influence? Talk sense, saaxib.

A_Khadar   

^^^ Completely makes sense cause they only could try hard to make sure Ethio remains stable and Shababi's support was less priority not only shabab but entire Somalia.. By now otherwise we would have seeing so called Somali leaders jetting to Malez back and forth.. Mijidkaas alla na dhaafiyey dhib weyn buu nagu ahaaye..

A_Khadar   

AYOUB;860148 wrote:
Think about it; have Mullahs issuing death threats in Macalin backyard, big ships docking and planes landing in Kismayo, the photo of Godane "most wanted" not published, Dahir Aweys with no price tag on his head, etc etc.

The game is bigger than Meles and Musevenis IMO. Till the day the likes of Farah Macalin speak the whole truth, I will still consider him scared or one of the little fish in the pond.

It could be he isn't telling everything, but one obvious thing he told so far is that Malez had a main role with Somali's issue whether that might be distablizing or supporting mini regions and shabab's mouse and cat chase..

NGONGE   

^^ Do you understand how states work, saaxib? There are systems in place. There are departments and sections within departments that deal with all sorts of things. If there is a change in policy, it would have to come from the top and no change in policy would take place without the say so of a the leader or his permenant replacement. Again, it really is NOT a corner shop. :D