Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

SOL Movies Club II

oh yes safferz I sure am. jay gatsby is a man of class. Though I must say I am a sucker to a trailer with "no church in the wild" playing in the background, just gives a certain swagger to it

just finished watching the place beyond the pines. uhh i expected a little more. though i will give it a night to digest and process my thoughts. man bad idea starting a movie so late in the night

Chimera   

Terra Nova, I would only recommend the two-hour pilot if you like Sci-Fi and Dinosaurs, because it had great potential, and with Steven as an exec, I wasn't disappointed . The other episodes are a decade or two late, and remind me of the 90s Stargate series, though greatly inferior. It would have done well in the 90s, but they should have made it less cheesy, and follow the path of Lost and the Wire in terms of character-driven stories rather than predictable formulaic plots.

terra-nova730.jpg

Chimera   

pilgrim1.jpg

Chimera;935607 wrote:
Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

If you liked Zelda, Mario Bros, Seinfeld and Street Fighter as a kid, this movie will be ridiculously fun. I don't know why I put it off for so long.

Chimera   

Surprisingly better than the Hobbit, each time the giants eat a man I get a flashback from the old 97' tv series "The Oddysey" when they find themselves in a cave with a huge Cyclops (a scene that scarred me for life):

Jack-O-Ca%C3%A7ador-de-Gigantes-banner2.

Haatu   

Carafaat, I found a really good movie for your next movie night:

In the house

in+-the-house.jpg

A sixteen-year-old boy insinuates himself into the house of a fellow student from his literature class and writes about it in essays for his French teacher. Faced with this gifted and unusual pupil, the teacher rediscovers his enthusiasm for his work, but the boy's intrusion will unleash a series of uncontrollable events.