Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

SOL Movies Club II

chubacka   

^ really enjoyed this too, the humour was great and came in unexpected places, I don't remember the book being that funny. The part when the boy was discovering the religions was hilarious, ending with 'I would like to be baptised!" The only let down I think is that when the boy was telling the alternative story at the end, it would have been better if that part was acted out instead of leaving us to imagine it, that's kinda an important part.

Really well made though.

Apophis, Django Unchained is one of the movies I am looking forward to this coming year as well, Insha'Allah, along with the Star Trek sequel and World War Z.

SeeKer;899780 wrote:
Anyone watched Baytown Outlaws?

This seems quite a bit like Smoking Aces, doesn't it? I've ordered it off Amazon! :D

Somalia   

Apophis;908641 wrote:
Must be seen.
Requires patience
, even a second watching but it's truly worth it.

Cloud-atlas-banner-7.jpg

291grqd.jpg

Nothing worth seeing here. A lot of over hyped mumble jumble and the overzealous attempt to give meaning to junk.

Reeyo   

Faheema.;903185 wrote:
You should read the Book... Tis' was a beautiful film. Though it could never compete with the book
:)
but Ang Lee’s adaption was pretty brilliant I have to say.

Ps. The Hobbit, Unexpected POINTLESS and USELESS Journey lol

Love it, love it. I knew the book was genius and I was so glad the movie did it justice. Man was it beautiful and that relationship with the tiger ...left me speechless.

Faheema.;903185 wrote:
You should read the Book... Tis' was a beautiful film. Though it could never compete with the book
:)
but Ang Lee’s adaption was pretty brilliant I have to say.

Ps. The Hobbit, Unexpected POINTLESS and USELESS Journey lol

About the Hobbit, how come the TROLLS, ORK and the bad guys had english accent and the dwarves had scottish/Irish accent... is PJ have a go at the POMS! LOL

Haatu   

Apo, what were you doing in Chobham? I never knew they had studios there. Are members of the public allowed to go visit?

Narniah   

The impossible was soo amayzing. I was in tears and everyone else in the cinema was too.

Looking forward to gangster squad...ryan gosling...<3

Haatu   

Carafaat;920348 wrote:
Can someone recommend any new movies worth watching?

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - not your average movie but an amazing one nonetheless.

To kill a mocking bird (the black & white version) - simply amazing. I remember watching it in History a couple of years ago and I loved it.

That's all I can think of for now.

Haatu   

No problem. Care to recommend for me now to return the favour? I need something good to watch. I'm getting tired of watching The Game of Thrones.

Carafaat   

Haatu,

I watched Cloud Atlas this afternoon. Quite a surrealistic movie. Complicayed storyline. And I watched 'The Lucky One' last week, i can recommemd that one.