Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

SOL Movies Club II

Garnaqsi   

In Time -- isn't that the one where time replaces the utility of money? Awfully forgettable!

A really good film that was mentioned is Cosmopolis. It's really good. I like that type of films!

Chimera   

^I went through a Ghibli phase in 2010, my favourites by far are Castle in the Sky and Howl. As for Ninja scroll, what's with the Japanese and rape scenes? Same thing happens in Wicked City, which is a great movie, but you got to fast-forward that ish at certain parts.

I have yet to see anything topping this classic:

Akira_movie_poster.jpg

Haatu   

Adam, just 3 more days bro.

Speaking of anime, have you guys watched Code Geass? I dont normally watch anime but this one was just amazing.

Somalia   

Absolutely fantastic, I can't reiterate how great this movie is, one of my favourites of this year, maybe of all time, I think it makes it up to my top 20!

Chimera   

Haatu;897508 wrote:
Adam, just 3 more days bro.

Did you see it? I come home tired most of the week, tommorow or Sunday insha'allah I shall return to Middle-Earth and will join a Hobbit and a kazillion dwarves.

Chimera   

5;864487 wrote:
Bowser jr down, King Koopa to go.

Bowser jr lied lol, the movie was hard on the eyes with 48 frames per second, but the film itself was great though a bit fast paced with another classic abrupt Peter Jackson ending.

I might watch it again next week in 2D to see if that's better.

Chimera   

What a movie, initially I had no idea what I was being dragged into watching, but man, Ang Lee blew me away with the 3D and nicely flowing story. I was amazed, and chuckled throughout the entire film. The scene where the boy marks his territory and the Tiger's response was crazy LOOOOL:

I recommend:

Life+Of+Pi+2012+Movie+Online.jpg

Haatu   

Apo, soz for the late reply. And how did you know? It's like you study my movements :D

Chimera yh I saw it Xaaji. It was OK.

Somalia, I don't usually cry when watching films but this one brought me close to it. I was on the verge of becoming the female out of the two :D

Perks of Being a Wallflower is easily the best movie I've seen this year; and that's saying a lot (I've seen Avengers, TED, The Hobbit and countless other rubbish). I saw it back in the Summer being advertised on the platform in Angel Tube station in Islington. Since that moment I thought it might be good but boy did it impress me. I would strongly recommend this film.

Faheema.   

Chimera;901705 wrote:
What a movie, initially I had no idea what I was being dragged into watching, but man, Ang Lee blew me away with the 3D and nicely flowing story. I was amazed, and chuckled throughout the entire film. The scene where the boy marks his territory and the Tiger's response was crazy LOOOOL:

I recommend:

Life+Of+Pi+2012+Movie+Online.jpg

You should read the Book... Tis' was a beautiful film. Though it could never compete with the book :) but Ang Lee’s adaption was pretty brilliant I have to say.

Ps. The Hobbit, Unexpected POINTLESS and USELESS Journey lol