Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

SOL Movies Club II

Valenteenah.;878083 wrote:
Saw
Looper
recently. It wasn't what I expected at all.

I was actually looking forward to seeing this, was it not good, even though I have been conditioned by experience to disregard others views of movies lol

Chimera   

Che -Guevara;878447 wrote:
Chimera.....I watched Elite Squid II over the weekend, it was good.....good choice mate.

Ya? I have never seen such a movie, what is it about, government programmed super-squids?

LOL.

Naxar Nugaaleed;878450 wrote:
I was actually looking forward to seeing this, was it not good, even though I have been conditioned by experience to disregard others views of movies lol

No, it's good. It's very stylish. The story just wasn't what I expected. You'll see what I mean when you get a chance to watch it, I'A.

Chimera   

Watched Predator at a friend's 80s marathon yesterday, this film used to scare the hell out of me in the 90s, but I thoroughly enjoyed it now, some highlights.

Man can this guy act!!

lol deforestation

The Rainmaker (1997) probably the best film ive seen.

Followed by (some distance) and in no particular oder: War of the Worlds, Taken, Avatar.

Taken 2 is a waste of money. Dont bother. Very simple and underwhelming storyline. Clearly not a lot of thought, effort or originality went into the writing; comes across as though it was made in a rush just to do a follow up on Taken i.e. a #2 and get some quick money. I was very much put off by the quite blatant negative conditioning regarding and the indirect/subliminal association of Islam, muslims, mosques, Adhan with killing, violence, kidnapping and explosions. 4/10.

The last Batman, they should have called the film Bane because that character owned the film. Best Action film of the year and some twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. Original storyline too. Definitely worth watching.

Skyfall 007. Good film and some interesting locations and characters. Having said that, the writers could have made it an excellent film by going that bit further and developing the storyline. The storyling was a bit simple and lacked originality in some respects (but I say that without taking anything from the characters, locations and acting). Bérénice Marlohe was, unfortunately, killed off too soon. Still, its worth watching and all in all a good film.