Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Pissed off Student!!!!!

I was reading my sociology textbook yesterday and came across a passage that is so offensive and biased against all women except european anglo-saxson women.

" Modesty is a culturally and religiously variable matter. If a woman entering a bath is disturbed what parts of the body does she cover? Helen Cobolt reports that a Loatian woman covers her breasts, a Somoan woman covers her navel (belly-button), a Sumatran woman her knees, an Islamic woman her face, and a European woman covers her breasts with one hand and her genital with the other hand."

I cant believe that. This book is very recent and was published in 2003. I'm so mad, because even a child 3-up knows what areas of the body to cover. That passage is implying that all women, excluding the european, are ****** .

When my professor discusees this in class i will definitely deny it and make sure that the whole class hears it is a lie.

Haboon   

salaamz

Its all part of their propaganda war against our way of life ie Islam

They are spreading those lies deliberately

^ I don't think its a propoganda against Islam but more of Ignorance. Any woman with the right mind knows to cover her genitals before anything else. I suggest you direct this to your instructor/professor and let him/her explain exactly why you are studying from a clearly biased and one-sided textbook!

Pebbles   

Shabelle, huuno thnks for bringing it to our attention...If I may make a small suggestion, I hardly doubt speaking to your prof will resolve the issue, I would encourage you to write to the author, if not him/her than to the publishers...it is revolting how things like are not detected by students, I really admire you for not only being outraged but also wanting to do something about it :D

Assl All Wr Wb

Walaalayaashiis, i saxa haddii aan qaldanahay, laakiin amay qoftan qoraaga ahi xiganaysaa wax dhacay waqtigii rasuulka........?

Si fiican uma xasuusto laakiin waxaa jirtay dumar ay kusoo baxeen (Ma Rasuulkuu ahaa SCW amba qaar ka mid ah asxaabta...ma aqaan), waxaan umalaynayaa inay dhowr dumar ahaayeen, ay mid walbaana meel gacmaha saartay, in wax laga weydiiyeyna waan u malayn Rasuulka..........Bal baara.

Laakiin fadlan ha isoo xiganina....!

F.G. Yaanaan isku qaldamin hadaba, waa un aragti oo kaliya cidna ma taageerayo.

LuCkY   

Shabelle, huuno thnks for bringing it to our attention...If I may make a small suggestion, I hardly doubt speaking to your prof will resolve the issue, I would encourage you to write to the author, if not him/her than to the publishers...it is revolting how things like are not detected by students, I really admire you for not only being outraged but also wanting to do something about it

PebbLes i so agree with u on that.

ShabeLLe sis dont be surprised...i mean the the LeveL of ignorance these peopLe possess is unbeLievabLe.I had one girL in econ.cLass(we were discussing the necessity of cLothes)say that ALL Africans were naked and didnt wear cLothes...and she is wearing short shorts and a tube top...LoL...the nerve of some peopLe.

Haboon   

Salaamz

It cant be ignorance , if it was, the person that was proof reading the book would have spotted it, or the publishers would have corrected it somehow

I find it hard to believe that their understanding of the second biggest religion is so limited

It must be a propaganda tool

N.O.R.F   

Its just another small part in moulding the minds of galos to have negative ideas of Islam and at the same time portray Europeans to be superior in mind.

All these sorts of literature have some sort of influence upon ppl, therefore thats why these sort of comments/opinions are shared and promoted to so called 'educated' ppl. These educated ppl will then use this 'new knowledge' and forward it on as best they can.

Search yr library catalog for islam and see what comes up. :rolleyes:

Saalixa   

a Sumatran woman her knees

looooool thats funny, bal halkaas na maxa laga qarinaya?

that ALL Africans were naked and didnt wear cLothes...and she is wearing short shorts and a tube top...LoL...the nerve of some peopLe.

lucky you should have hitten that *****. like she knows any better i met so many of them girls.

shabelle walaalo i think you shouldn't talk to your professor, its not like he made this up, he is just told to teach it. and plus his your teacher so don't create any hatred, coz you know what htey do then.

MissPURE   

Originally posted by Haboon:

Salaamz

I find it hard to believe that their understanding of the second biggest religion is so limited

It must be a propaganda tool

If islam is the 2nd biggest , whats the 1st ?

Sorry sis but i think u've got that wrong Islam is the fastest growing religion but ppl don't care to believe this , they think islam is forced on women by there husbands/fathers etc. They think that we need to be liberated but if only they knew women rights started with Islam.

Haboon   

Salaamz

Dear sister islam might be the fastest growing religion but it is still the second biggest religion

Christianity is number one