Sign in to follow this  
FatB

Morals and Values

FatB   

is there such a thing as absolute morality and what is the direction humankind is going when it comes to concepts of morality and ethics?

where do these ethics stem from? from once religious contetation or are these universal value systems that transend thought to all people - and if that is the case where do they orinate from?

^^ if you're really interested then you should research these questions in a library. They are deep questions and you won't find the answers in this forum.

Taleexi   

Very subjective question indeed. Btw, ethics are elements offered by one's habitat. Hence, it is culturally aligned but if we talk about universal ethics, it is a project pushed by Multinational Corporations(MNC), intergovernmental organizations and others but still what I see ethically correct may seem to you ethically absurd yet sometimes our views of ethics may overlap . All in all, there are multiple ways to get to the gates of hell.

Tallaabo   

Morals and values began with Islam, not 1400 years ago but from the dawn of humanity. In other words they began with Adam and Eve.

Khayr   

According to the new age mottos, morals and values change with the time. Definitions are always interpretive and relative. Case in point being the idea of the nucleus family.

Khayr;853132 wrote:
According to the new age mottos, morals and values change with the time. Definitions are always interpretive and relative. Case in point being the idea of the nucleus family.

Yes, Morals and values do tend to change over time, but they don't have to. I personally think a nuclear family is healthier in most cases (not essential though). I don't hold this value based only on the past experiences of others (religious scripture, societal norms, parental advice etc.) but also on my observations. My preference for the idea of a nuclear family doesn't come bundled together with other values as it does with the religious.