Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

Women Who Survived Theater Shooting Grieve for Hero Boyfriends -

A_Khadar   

...........Women Who Survived Theater Shooting Grieve for Hero Boyfriends

By CHRISTINA NG and DAN HARRIS | Good Morning America – 20 hours ago

....@GMA on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook ........

Of the 12 people killed in the Aurora theater shooting, four of them were men who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect their girlfriends. Now, each of these women are struggling to come to terms with both their grief and their gratitude.

Alexander Teves, 24, attended the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" with his girlfriend Amanda Lindgren , 24,and another friend.

When suspected gunman James Holmes opened fire in the sold out theater, Teves immediately lunged to block Lindgren from the gunfire.

"I was really, really confused at first about what was going on, so confused," Lindgren told ABC News. "But, it's like Alex didn't even hesitate. Because I sat there for a minute, not knowing what was going on, and he held me down and he covered my head and he said, 'Shh stay down. It's ok. Shh just stay down.' So I did."

Teves blocked the bullets from Lindgren but he was shot and killed. She was not hit.

"He was my angel that night, but he was my angel every day I knew him," Lindgren said. "I'm broken."

Lindgren reflected on the profoundly close relationship she had with Teves, saying that the couple would not go an hour in the day "without missing each other terribly."

"My other half was just ripped apart from me and so for me it's still unreal," she said. "I can't picture my life without him. How do you? When someone loves you that much and you love somebody that much…how do you believe that this is real? And of all places. We were in that theater, that specific room. We were just supposed to watch a movie."

READ

Mario B   

Nin-Yaaban;852903 wrote:
Future boyfriend/husband's of aII those women who survived have big shoes to fill. Hope she gets better, qashinkaasna haIa diIo.

+ 1

Mario B   

The-freeman;852908 wrote:
I don't know if I would take a bullet for a girlfriend; a wife, maybe.

Not surprised! :D

Mario B   

^^ maybe you should read the story of the good samaritan, it may even force you to take a bullet for your enemy.;)

Mario B;852952 wrote:
^^ maybe you should read the story of the good samaritan, it may even force you to take a bullet for your enemy.
;)

As far as I know the Samaritan didn't take a bullet for anybody!