Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Disappointment, Water Found in Puntland Well

Abwaan   

Somalia, cayaarta iga daa ee lacagta hordhaca aad iiga qaadday in Cinqaamo la i siinayo ii soo celi? Shidaal baa la waayey ma soconeyso.:D

Intaas markaan kaftankii uga baxo, aniga shalay markaan lahaa yaan dadka lagu ciyaarin maxaa la iila dagaalayey? Sheekadaan awalba ciyaar bay ahayd. Sidaan horeba u sheegay.

Waa Ilaah mahadiis oo dhulkaan shidaal waa ka buuxaa, laakiin kan dhowaan la lahaa waa la soo saarayaa wax baa si ka ah. Again, Xaal baan rabaa.:D This is the second xaal, waaba haddii dad badan oo reer SOL ah xaal qabto.:D

Sensei   

It is bright new day baby! Now, we will move along to the next item-- good governance perhaps, or strengthening security.

Dabrow   

Allah closes one door and opens another. Im pretty sure Somalia has oil, esp in the souther parts and offshore.

Somalia   

There's still other areas to drill and the study of Shabeel 1, we haven't given up just yet, but some of us did say Dharoor is less likely than the area near Garowe.

Somalia;852687 wrote:
There's still other areas to drill and the study of Shabeel 1, we haven't given up just yet, but some of us did say Dharoor is less likely than the area near Garowe.

There's still 500m to go, it's rather unlikely that oil will be found based on the geography. Then again, these numb nuts have demonstrated that they have little understanding of what they're drilling, maybe we'll find a seal at lower depths. It's anyone's guess at this point, this entire drilling campaign has been rotten from the start.

Somalia   

Sure, and we have other places to go, I don't know why a lot of people are assuming there's no oil in Puntland is they didn't find in 1 well.

You are right that the company did a lot of things wrong in the past 3-4 months, especially the handling of Shabeel-1 testing.

LOL at putlanders. They were bragging for nothing. I remember one guy saying that the money they might earn will go to putlanders only. LOL somalis will never change. At the end of the day we all get what we deserve. I wish you good luck guyz, something better is on the horizon, but remember next time to keep your mouth shut before shit ain't real.:D

Somalia   

^^ They are drilling in other locations and Puntland already have an active petroleum system, that's a proven fact as of March, I don't know why the likes of you think there's no oil because of 1 well, when everyone from the World Bank to Conoco has said it will yield a lot of oil.

The one who laughs last laughs longest my friend.

Carafaat   

I am sure Somalia has oil. Oil exploration takes years and is not determined by one digged well. Lets wait till Somalia is completely stable, has good governance, then the reall oil companies will come. Rather then dubious company that are only interested to earn money on the stock exchange speculation rather then real oil exploration.

Here is an update from a reliable source at the drill site (he has leaked information days before public releases in the past).

This is a response to a question from someone on a forum:

EITS responded to my post on WS:

Hi Charlie,

I said that I would update the board when I had more information so here you go:

1. Yes the well has recommenced drilling. We were approx 2060m earlier today.

2. There have been a lot more oil shows between 1970m and 2060m and these shows have much better gas shows alongside them. The issue with the first test was the localised seal and this may be an issue with the next test too but there can still be a trap/seal further down and this is what is being looked for. Also, the higher gas does make it interesting & for S1 too.

3. Expectations are unchanged (ie good). It is always a disappointment when a flow test fails but it is a long way from meaning that the whole well is a disaster and everyone gets on with their job hoping for a better result next time. People are certainly not just going through the motions.

All - please remember that this is just an update for your information. The drill goes on an it is by no means a sure thing that the well is dry but htere are also no guarantees of finding oil.

Please note: This is not investment advice and should not be treated as such. If you don't want to read what I have to say then simply put me on ignore.

Taleexi   

War biyaha yaynaan isku layne bal aan sugno inta dawlad macno lihi dhalanayso.

Ma ku farxin biyahaaa ka soo butaacay Shabeel I