Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Olympics 2012 Thread

Lazy.....Forget basketball, the Brits are lucky if they win anything at all. I think they took their first medal today. As expected, the Chinese are ahead of the pack.

nice pic (last one) Liibaan.

NGONGE   

LayZie G.;853340 wrote:
0.jpg

Minutes after Ngonge heard the news that fadhi ku dirir wasn't an olympic sport.....and he didnt qualify for his beloved sport.....
Hopefully Ngonge can just sit and do nothing...(you know, represent)

Not sure what you really found offensive in those words of mine, LayZie? Still, I admire the big pink letters there. :D

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;853330 wrote:
It was brilliant from start to finish. The director was very clever in the way he presented his ideas and the way he tried to differ from the previous cermoney in 2008. Where the Chinese went for the visually impressive (and I doubt ANYONE could top that), he went for ideas and subtle boasting.

The entire cermoney (though he may not admit it) was a reminder to the word of why Britian has the word "great" before it (and without any mention of colonisation or guilt). To cram such themes as the industrial revolution, art, movies and music into those two hours was truly amazing. The thing had everything; from the Harry Potter author reading, James Bond dropping the monarch from a plane to Marry Popins, Mr Bean and even West Ham United's theme song.

Britian was reminding the world of what it gave them in the areas of science, literature, music, movies and (with the inventor of the world wide web being paraded to the world) technology too!

What is more fantastic about it all is that it was done in the most subtle and self deprecating way possible. For if you sat there thinking to yourself "I didn't know the Brits had a hand in such or such a thing" instead of thinking "bloody show off Brits", it means that the message of the ceremony was perfectly delivered.

Good stuff.

p.s.

The athletes representing Somalia will (hopefully) do just that (represent). It does not matter if they win or lose. The fact that they are there when hundreds of others are not is enough (for now). At any rate, eedo Xaawa in deepest Somalia probably does not know the rules for the 400 meters but she sure knows what the Somali flag looks like and is proud of the fact that it appears alongside the flags of all those other countries. That should be enough.

Likewise with eedo Basra in darkest Gabiley who may also not understand the rules but knows that the skinny guy wearing the British top was born a stone throw away from her own house and that, too, is reason enough for her to be proud.

I understand he tried to represent GB in that manner and that he tried to please everyone involved with the arts, science and the Royal family. It was still bitty and boring after Mr Bean, though :D

NGONGE   

^^ You mean the last twenty minutes before the athletes came out? :D

p.s.

You had to be into your music to enjoy that last part. Obviously, you would have preferred a bit of Jodeci, Boys II Men or Tupac! :P

kaalaya yarta calanka sida, what kind of sports does she play. orod ha i dhihi nina. because lugahaan arkay meel kuma ay gaarayso. hadii lugahaas ay socod ku heshay bay nasiib lee dahay forget about orod

A_Khadar   

aero;853355 wrote:

Uu sheeg kuwa wadankooda ka faana. Sing your heart out love
:D

She is lovely.. Wishing THE GOLD for her.. Go Samsam..

Che -Guevara;853409 wrote:
Lazy.....Forget basketball, the Brits are lucky if they win anything at all. I think they took their first medal today. As expected, the Chinese are ahead of the pack..

Lol, you don't say. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt. Did you watch the men's gymnastics (Artistic/Qualification rounds?)

Very impressive. Team GB might be on to something there. The Chinese ayey voodoo ku sameeyeen, did you notice how

ay Chinese Team ay u dhacdhaceen? Mistake after mistake and all of a sudden Team GB came out of nowhere and made to the

finals. They just earned a trip to the podium with a Bronze.

LOL@Team GB's crushing blow yesterday, Russia's blew a hole into them. It was fun watching the Brits playing b-ball. They

may not get a break at all but if they do, it might be sometime late next week towards the end of the preliminaries.

In any case, Make sure you set your PVRs thursday night, waayo, Round 1 of the 400m women will air at 7am (Eastern Time),

Friday, August 3rd(4am Pacific and 8am Central) 12pm Local (LIVE FROM London)

Mohamed's 1500m airs at 3:05pm, Friday, August 3rd. Round 1 (8:05pm Local time)

LOL@ZAMZAM, she sings....she runs, there is definitely a future for this youngster.

Macallinka;853485 wrote:
^ Lugahaan ma kahadlaysaa @ Ducaysane?

376364_339901459426483_1814423444_n.jpg

quite graphic pics. thanks macalinka. imagine...war-torn mogdisho to olympic champion. i swear you could make a hollywood movie of this. its got everything.