Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Olympics 2012 Thread

LANDER   

burahadeer;854819 wrote:
my little boy been running around all nite.He keep passing this fixed pole he calls ethiopian:D

:D^

Abtigiis   

Tonight, women's 3000 steeplechase, watch out for Sofia Assefa. She has got the eyes and legs of a champion.

looooooooool@burhaadeer's creative son!

N.O.R.F   

When a Conservative MP derided Danny Boyle's Olympics opening ceremony as "multicultural crap" he was met with a cascade of criticism from people who knew that he could not be more wrong.

Tomorrow, their point will be driven home when Mo Farah, the Somalia-born British long-distance runner, steps up at the Olympic Stadium, cheered on by two countries of fans. Farah, 29, will compete in the men's 10,000-metre final – an event he took the silver medal in at last year's World Championships and for which he holds the European track record. It will mark the culmination of an extraordinary journey from the streets of Mogadishu.

Farah's story serves as an inspiration, both in his country of birth, where his charity, the Mo Farah Foundation, feeds thousands left hungry by the famine, and in the UK.

"Mo means so much to young Somalis," said Yussef Ahmed, the co-ordinator of Islington Somali Community Group. "Somalis usually come to the UK as refugees and their biggest concern is how to settle with a different culture and language. It can be difficult and many young Somali men lose their self-esteem and some turn to crime and anti- social behaviour. But in the past five years things have begun to improve – and Mo has been a part of that. He has been a role model."

Farah was brought to England at the age of eight by his father. At 11 he moved to Feltham Community College, where his talent was spotted early on by his PE teacher, Alan Watkinson, who recalls meeting the ungainly boy who could only speak a few words of English.

"He was clearly extremely talented. He had a huge stride length and an effortless running style," Mr Watkinson told The Independent.

"Young Somalis think 'I could do that'," said Mr Ahmed. "He represents everything that they might achieve in any walk of life."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/team-mo-farah-get-ready-for-somali-joy-8002323.html

Lol@@@bura

I gotta give you props, that was funny. You had

Me laughing.

Che, just for today, put your leotards away.

The game of the day is on at 2:45pm

Canada vs USA

Womens Soccer, win or die trying.

It has no leotards but all the making of a great game. :-)

Canada will make history...the perfect game to

Enjoy on a long weekend.

All eyes on the homegirls On the team. Che, there are 3 Gabby's.

If you are a Canadian viewer, game will be carried live on TSN....(live streaming is available)

By far the best match up of the olympic games...

Maybe even better than the men's tournament.

raula   

Mo Farah..whatever/whoever he represents..Somalia/Land or GB was phenomenal. Congrats to the brother & his family. Our household was standing up cheering the last laps w/jubilation. I was bragging when we met up w/few African friends that evening including an Ethiopian lol. N'ways it was a bit downer for the Kenyans I wish. I was hoping they will get a maybe a Bronze but next time IA.

Speaking of Kenyan's...the noted Steeplechase..who saw the dance of Kemboi (I call him the Kenyan version of Balotelli :D w/his hair cut) the gold medal winner :D the dude was hilarious imitating Bolt hehehe..fantastic to bring home the gold.

NGONGE   

Got to love Usain Bolt. The man is full of surprises (including taking the Swedish women's handball team out clubbing), winning the 100 meters or this:

:D :D