Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Olympics 2012 Thread

Abtigiis   

Lool@ lander. Isn't that too soon?

I am very proud of MO's performance. But it is not goin to shroud my objectivity in sports. Mo beat a fading Kenenisa, and Tariku and Gabremariam were never known for having the sprint kick that is so crucial to win.

I will lay down my arms onto the ground and put MO in the league of Sae'd Ouaita and Haile Gabresellasie if he repeats this performance at the 5000K. There, it is a different ball game. There are young and hungry Ethiopian athlets (Alamerow, Hagos and Gabremedhin). I think Mo will find it a bit tougher but I will pleased if he beats them.

Despite what you may all think, I have been calling every Axmaar I know of in the last 10 hours to brag about the Somalis win over Ethiopians. But please let us put things in the proper context. Kipchoge once flew past Kenenisa only to disappear at all. Mo and the American friend will be gettin much stiffer competition from Kenyans and Ethiopians and only after they prove themsleves a bit more regularly can we talk of greatnesss.

N.O.R.F   

^You think he will lose the 5k even though he is the World Champion at that distance? Saxib inaga daa your expert sporting opinions. We know where that leads you :P

The BEST ever British [and Somali] 5k & 10k runner

Mohammed Farah

2012 Olympic 10k Gold

2011 World Championships - 5k Gold

2011 World Championships - 10k Silver

2011 New York Half Marathon Gold

2011 European Indoor - 3000m Gold

2010 European T&F Championships - 5k & 10k Gold

2009 European Cross Country Championships Silver

2009 IAAF World T&F Championshps - 5000m 7th

2009 European Indoor - 3000m Gold

2008 European Cross Country Silver

The man is on the brink of greatness.

557934_10151060157688349_2065751757_n.jp

Abtigiis   

I think Mo will find it hard against in-form and fit Ethiopians. That doesn't mean I want to spoil his party. He did very well in the 10,000 and if he repeats that, I think he will do fine. I watched few of the Ethios in the 5000 and they look solid.

N.O.R.F   

Maybe you don't want to spoil his party but your fascination with 'dark horses' and predictions is stretching it this time around.

Khayr   

I am also proud of Zam Zam Mohammed Farah who ran the 400m while fasting and with her hijab on. Even though she came in last place, she never completely sold out. She could have just ate and drank before the race to gain energy but stood her ground. Baraka Allah feeka!

Now on to Usain Bolt....i smell a new world record.....that boy better not jog the 100m like he did in the qualifying heat.

Abtigiis   

walaahi Mo inuu guuleeysto waan jeclahay, but I have to admit I am a bit not convinced of his mettle because, let us be honest, this is his best achievement so far. He hasn't really beaten many East Africans in all the titles you itemized. Laakin, I agree he is on the brink of greatness, and a double in this olympic will seal that! Good luck to him.

The ethiopian contingent in the 5000 include Kenenisa but all the other guys have clocked better time than him this year. It tells you they are tough. But then MO maybe a better runner in the 5000 than the 10,0000 and that will even things out!

NGONGE   

LANDER;854600 wrote:
Very Well Said!

Not to mention the dedication and sacrifices he made being isolated in training camps in Kenya and the U.S often away from his family and pregnant wife. He stuck to his word after feeling dissapointed in the last olympics and gutted this one out. The man seems perfectly comfortable with who he is and what he represents. Being a Somali and a Somalilander and running for Great Britain in front of his hometown fans. He clearly doesn't have an identity crisis like those who would talk about 'celestial Somaliland' or would pass it off as a striclty 'british' achievement. The man knows who he is, you lot need to sort yourselves out. I'm sure he doesn't forget the people that have always supported him. Lastly, the sheer historic achievement is being overlooked here, if I'm not mistaken he is the first SOMALI OLYMPIC CHAMPION, Ahmed Salah of Djibouti won bronze in the marathon of Seoul 88 is the only other one I know of with a medal. That should fill every fair minded Somali with some measure of pride!

P.S

After the trashing of the two Bakaylee brothers I think Lazy G is waiting and hoping they will redeem themselves in the 5000 M before she resurfaces lol.

:D

A picture of Mo being greeted by his kin in true qodal fashion lol. Gabiley Stand up!

God! Defensive much, saaxib? :D

The London olympics motto is "Inspire A Generation" and Mo (even if he were from deepest xamar and not your beloved Gabiley) is doing that for UK Somali kids. Waxba ha is waalin ninyaho, nobody is taking him away from you. Nor can you take your ball away and refuse to play. Naga daa dee. :D

Blessed   

What's eating Faraax Brown and Lander? I don't get it! Heedhe, inanku waa inaga and so was that Canadian brother who no one is mentioning but IMO did well for a first event. Laakin Mo Farah is representing team GB at these games. Don't hate us for having the advantage of being Somali and Great Britons like our Mo, aye.LoL. :P

Abtigiis   

Blessed, don't delude yourself sister. You are not a Briton, can never be. By virtue of your skin, your ancestry. And let the Somali people for once own Mo as theirs. In the world where the Mohamed's and ZamZam's shame us with their lukeworm performance, we have the right to refuse to share Mo with Britian, who has many white faces to be proud of.

STOIC   

Lander, calm down.The "celestial Somaliland" comment was a response to our brother Alpha's comments of defiant retrieval of Somaliland card that had no any bearing on Mo's success. No one has identity crisis. If anything what we are saying here is that the brother has restored a sense of pride for Somali British citizens and if anything he has charted a new destiny for young Somali kids.

PS I was screaming for his victory at the last lap.We all are proud of the brother.

Blessed   

LOL@we have a right to refuse to share Mo with Britain. Ha idinku taagnaato markaa. LOL.

p.s Let me remind you that two days ago you were supporting Ethiopians against him.. Somalinimadiisa markaa waxba kulamey ahayn, bloody Glory hunter.

Abtigiis   

No, no, I wasn't dear sister. I was expressing my views on what I think will happen, and as it turned out i was wrong. You can't say my predictions were wide off the mark. It is hard to bet against the Ethios in middle distance running. In truth, I want the brother to succeed and win but that doesn't mean I cannot say my predictions freely. I still think MO will lose the 5000k. Does that means I don't want him to win? No.

At mid night last night, an old Ethiopian friend (last saw him 8 years back) called me minutes after the race finished. And the first word I spoke was "so, what do you say now? to be beaten like that by a Somali?" I know how much joke they make of Somalis in sports and hence this was a very welcome development. I don't like Britian and MO running for Britian is a bit of pain, but I share his glory as a somali.

Blessed   

Ethiopian ayaa maskaxda kaa dilay, Somalis have as much potential, sadly unlike them, we don't value sports as much. As for Mo Farah and the 5K forget that he is a Somali racing Ethiopians for moment and compare his personal best with theirs. As for liking GB, I don't think any of usBritons have asked you guys to, so you can relax!