Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Olympics 2012 Thread

What a night, I've lost my voice. A very mature and authoritative run by Mo. I expect him to go on and double up next weekend in the 5km. Queen Lizzy will probably knight him. Arise Sir MO of Feltham. Great night for the minorities with the ginger cocky coolness that is Greg Rutherford also winning. I hope Mo goes on to inspire an entire generation of Somali athletes.

Great commentary on the BBC by Steve Cram and Brendan Foster, you could see what it meant to them also. Yes Yes where is Lazy G! As we would chant on the terraces, Who are ya! Who are ya!

chubacka   

A-mazing. Soooooooooooo pleased for him and for Jess Enis, what superstars.

The pressure did not seem to faze them. Whoooooo. Go Mo.

NGONGE   

^^ Somalis and Somalilanders can have the left overs if they like. Mo made Somali Brits proud. Someone other than me would have probably enjoyed the beauty of watching my kids jump around the living room and shouting for Mo to win, I simply wanted them to shut up so I can hear the commentators. Still, this guy was one of them. A guy they can relate to more than LG's Zamzam or some other people from far off lands that mummy and daddy keep telling them about. It's a sad parting of the ways to be honest. But, as an "arab", I can easily live with such a thought. Not sure about you though. :D

LG, like I told you in my first post; now eedo Basra is happy and eedo Xawa is happy too. Marka naga daa your hopeless analysis. :

p.s.

Che, when looked at in relation to each country's population team GB is actually TOP of that medal table.

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner

That I love London so

That I think of her wherever I go

I get a funny feeling inside of me

When walking up and down

That I love London Town

Abtigiis   

Respect MO, he made the Somali race proud. Do I still think he will win the 5000k, no. And it is not hating on him to analyze things the way you see it. Most Ethiopians doubted Kenenisa is in his old form, but still expected a win because they did not know about MO. How many of you know Kenenisa qualified for the 10,000 team of ethiopia as a reserve only?

tutu   

As much I feel pride in Mo Farah's gold as a Somali, I cannot ignore british media's total negligence of his historic win. A milestone in british history since Olympics has begun. But Ennis is more british than him as they portray. He's no more than a 'Somali'. Where is our Somalilanders? Help me here!

*Blessed;854438 wrote:
Haters can eat cake. Our lad Mohamed Faarah did it in style! Jess and Mo have done us proud!! What a great night for team GB.

Can't wait for the Jamaican show down!

I am telling you, if you watched mo farah thru his runs,you wouldve seen that he was gonna be great. I have never ever felt so much pride in my entire life. You Brits, shut up.....Mo Farah made EVERY SOMALI(minus the doubter in cchief, at&T.) Proud!!!!

LANDER   

Faarax-Brawn;854590 wrote:
I am telling you, if you watched mo farah thru his runs,you wouldve seen that he was gonna be great. I have never ever felt so much pride in my entire life. You Brits, shut up.....Mo Farah made EVERY SOMALI(minus the doubter in cchief, at&T.) Proud!!!!

Very Well Said!

Not to mention the dedication and sacrifices he made being isolated in training camps in Kenya and the U.S often away from his family and pregnant wife. He stuck to his word after feeling dissapointed in the last olympics and gutted this one out. The man seems perfectly comfortable with who he is and what he represents. Being a Somali and a Somalilander and running for Great Britain in front of his hometown fans. He clearly doesn't have an identity crisis like those who would talk about 'celestial Somaliland' or would pass it off as a striclty 'british' achievement. The man knows who he is, you lot need to sort yourselves out. I'm sure he doesn't forget the people that have always supported him. Lastly, the sheer historic achievement is being overlooked here, if I'm not mistaken he is the first SOMALI OLYMPIC CHAMPION, Ahmed Salah of Djibouti won bronze in the marathon of Seoul 88 is the only other one I know of with a medal. That should fill every fair minded Somali with some measure of pride!

P.S

After the trashing of the two Bakaylee brothers I think Lazy G is waiting and hoping they will redeem themselves in the 5000 M before she resurfaces lol.

:D

A picture of Mo being greeted by his kin in true qodal fashion lol. Gabiley Stand up!

547691_10151089345567801_1745868598_n.jp