Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Olympics 2012 Thread

Abtigiis   

War Che, war de somalia igama xigtid ninyahow. Particularly when both of us are from the same region! Yaad boodhka isugu qarinaysaa?

As to the so-called athletes, they are a joke and I can't see any reason why I should respect these journeymen and women. With a bit of care and effort, somalia could have fielded better athletes. Pointing out that is not a crime! What has the Musambanis of Somalia did to earn my respect?

Mo Farah is competing for Britain, a country I don't like; but I feel vicarious pride in his performance as a fellow Somali. But the skinny jokes from the south are a disgrace! It is good they represented the nation at the opening but there is nothing to be proud of about their performance.

Abtigiis;854384 wrote:
War Che, war de somalia igama xigtid ninyahow. Particularly when both of us are from the same region! Yaad boodhka isugu qarinaysaa?

As to the so-called athletes, they are a joke and I can't see any reason why I should respect these journeymen and women. With a bit of care and effort, somalia could have fielded better athletes. Pointing out that is not a crime! What has the Musambanis of Somalia did to earn my respect?

Mo Farah is competing for Britain, a country I don't like; but I feel vicarious pride in his performance as a fellow Somali. But the skinny jokes from the south are a disgrace! It is good they represented the nation at the opening but there is nothing to be proud of about their performance.

yes! AT&T, i agree 100% with you.

these athletes have been let down by the 'Somalia' Olympic organising committee. its utterly shameful that more athletes were not sourced locally or for that matter in a more organic way. why were there only 2 athletes from 'somalia'? this is something i have been grappling with over the last two weeks! is that becos duran farah have been embezzling the allocated funds? we need answers and demand more scrutiny and accountability.

Ibtisam   

Leave the Quran teacher alone- adiga wa lacag buu ka cuuney???? @ Alpha.

The girl and boy did what they were expected to do- no miracles- they tired their best- can't exactly compete with all those muscles with a team of 40 people each working on them and their needs, where as Mo and Zam were having bloody laxoox for breakfast with black tea at the village because that is what they are use to. Until they can get a dedicated coach, paid to train 24/7 with sponsorship and a dedicated team of doctors, nutritional, advisers etc we cant really demand anything of them- at all.

Che -Guevara;854389 wrote:
^Who are you to demand accountability? Seriously nigga

its important to understand the depth and coverage of the 'somalia' olympic organising committe? do they represent outside interests i.e diaspora folk who appear once every 4 years and through well-crafted political spin present to us two pre-selected athletes who are to toe the line. how were mohamed and samsam sourced by the SOOC? this is a very important question che? why? becos are you telling me that SOOC failed to find good quality athletes all over their remit area? by remit, i mean, the area the IOC recognises as 'somalia'.

similarly, we need to acknowledge that the IOC only requires as the least minimum requirement that two athletes (preferably a female and the occasional token male) to compete in the games! a third athletes in the somalia team i imagine cause considerable difficulty and more work load for the SOOC.

Abtigiis   

Alpha is 100% right. Why can't Duran and co hunt talent among somali diasporas in colleges if he is serious? Just an example.

On what basis was moh and zamzam picked? "adeer, gabadhan iyo wiilkan meesha ha la geeyo" by someone who doesn't want to do the minimum effort? Or probably to please some political bigwigs.