Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Olympics 2012 Thread

Abtigiis   

Are they going to be rewarded for disgracing the country? We have sunk so low as a nation that we are content with the utter failure. The sad truth is if the shambolic Somali Athletics Federation could organise a week's competition, they could have found some good athlets. I cannot believe Moh and Zamzam are the best talent of Somalia.

N.O.R.F   

^Go and do something about it.

Juxa, thanks but won't be in London on Wed. Enjoy it and wish them the best. Tell the officials to take sports seriously and focus on getting funding and funneling it towards training and facilities.

ps Ryan Bailey from USA is a dark horse in the 100m. Watch out

^^What? Ryan? LOL, he is lucky if he makes it to the semi-finals...

Remember clocking your personal best in round 1 does not make you a legitimate competitor for the medal

round, especially when you have guys on other heats who have

clocked much less, say 9:58 or have we forgotten? He can keep his 9.88

It is no coincidence that Powell, St. Leo, Gay, and the young gunner Blake have all clocked in the 10.00 or over...there is a reason why its

called round 1, warm-ups are not real competition...lets wait for the next leg.

In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to go down memory lane..

favouritedudes.jpg

Remember Haile Gebreselassie? Old school meets new school... WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNERS

AwUEJfnCAAAKFN5.jpg

Kenenisa Bekele ‏@KenenisaBekele: (5 Hours ago, the golden child tweeted the following:- )

Fit and ready for defending the 10k Gold in #London2012. Inspired by yesterdays

amazing finish by teammate #tirunesh #dibaba.

On June 26th, Via twitter .....K. Bekele on Mo Farah:

Kenenisa Bekele ‏@KenenisaBekele

@Mo_Farah is a great athlete in great shape but I am determined to win a record third Olympic Gold at London.

lol@ruala...baseball? I will have to be drunk to sit through one of those.

A&T....Somalia is not your country. Qeyladaada nagala tag marka.

Lazy....How come no praises for Gabby? The kid was amazing and cadaankii buunbuun ninaayeen cashar udhigtey.

They should really limit the number of swimming events. Phelps greatest kulahaa. How could that nigga possibly be better than Jesse Owens?

Ibtisam   

I am reduced to tune in online BBC 5 live just to catch the races!!! Africa connection is failing me- it might as well not be happening as far as SL know!! hmmm

Lazy, I find it interesting that Kenenisa Bekele would even comment on Mo! he just legitimized him and his talent.

I have always cheered for the Ethiopians and Kenyans, and that is exactly what I will do, after I finish cheering for the Somali British and Somali Canadian in the race.

I find swimming as boring as the gymnastic. :D

Abtigiis   

Che, if somalia is running, I would support them over the Ethiopians. I can't support Britian (MO Farah). Still have some feelings for him and if the Ethios don't win, I want him do well. I support the Ethios in Athletics simply from sporting vantage point. They are superb to watch. I like their patience and their tactics. As they say form is temporary but class is....Anbessa Kenenisa...Anbessa ..Kenani-kengna, baa ka dhici doonta caawa meesha.

Ibtisam   

P.s. I find it sad that the great (but now old) Haile Gebrselassie did not qualify for this summer games- It would've been classic!