Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Olympics 2012 Thread

Abwaan   

Macallinka;853292 wrote:
Abwaan waa sonny camera laakiin anigaba malahayn midbaan ka xoogay oo taydii guriga ayaan kaga soo tagay lol

Thanks

:D

Somalia   

Alpha Blondy;852443 wrote:
^ thank god i'm not from somalia. a hell-hole where even the athletes are expected to come last. another accolade to a long list of disappointments.

LANDER;852488 wrote:
Why are Somalis so full of hate walahi some of this is laughable lol. Listen Somalia is just starting to get on its feet I don't know what you were expecting from athletes being sent to the olympics the fact they're their and participating is probably a positive. Not sure how much training they got but I'm sure things will improve in the coming decade Inshallah. As for those of you trying to completely ignore or hate on the only somali WORLD CHAMPION we have in Mohamed Hassan Farah shame on you! He may be running for team GB and reps for Somaliland but he is the only Somali champion you have, you should be proud of him regardless! Lazy G I don't know where you get your facts the man won gold in 5000 M and Silver in 10 000 M, its a competitive field but he can come through with a podium finish! He has also achieved as much as any somali runner ever with that gold in the world championships. Haters gonna hate. Mo Farah in front of his home crowd Inshallah Khair!

mo-farah.jpg

The cuqdad is strong in these ones.

Last time I knew (in 2008 Olympics) Abdi Bile was the coach of Saudi Arabia and could not carry the Somali flag, but now I don't know where is he, is he still with the Saudis or else? if he is not coaching another nation, then its shame that he wasn't our flag carrier.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;853288 wrote:
Great first 20 mins or so to the ceremony up to Mr Bean then it just got bitty and boring. I think he should have carried on with the history lesson up to the present day.

Waited for Somalia and team GB. Great spectacle.

It was brilliant from start to finish. The director was very clever in the way he presented his ideas and the way he tried to differ from the previous cermoney in 2008. Where the Chinese went for the visually impressive (and I doubt ANYONE could top that), he went for ideas and subtle boasting.

The entire cermoney (though he may not admit it) was a reminder to the word of why Britian has the word "great" before it (and without any mention of colonisation or guilt). To cram such themes as the industrial revolution, art, movies and music into those two hours was truly amazing. The thing had everything; from the Harry Potter author reading, James Bond dropping the monarch from a plane to Marry Popins, Mr Bean and even West Ham United's theme song.

Britian was reminding the world of what it gave them in the areas of science, literature, music, movies and (with the inventor of the world wide web being paraded to the world) technology too!

What is more fantastic about it all is that it was done in the most subtle and self deprecating way possible. For if you sat there thinking to yourself "I didn't know the Brits had a hand in such or such a thing" instead of thinking "bloody show off Brits", it means that the message of the ceremony was perfectly delivered.

Good stuff.

p.s.

The athletes representing Somalia will (hopefully) do just that (represent). It does not matter if they win or lose. The fact that they are there when hundreds of others are not is enough (for now). At any rate, eedo Xaawa in deepest Somalia probably does not know the rules for the 400 meters but she sure knows what the Somali flag looks like and is proud of the fact that it appears alongside the flags of all those other countries. That should be enough.

Likewise with eedo Basra in darkest Gabiley who may also not understand the rules but knows that the skinny guy wearing the British top was born a stone throw away from her own house and that, too, is reason enough for her to be proud.

NGONGE;853330 wrote:

ps.

The athletes representing Somalia will (hopefully) do just that (represent).
It does not matter if they win or lose. The fact that they are there when hundreds of others are not is enough (for now). .

0.jpg

Minutes after Ngonge heard the news that fadhi ku dirir wasn't an olympic sport.....and he didnt qualify for his beloved sport.....Hopefully Ngonge can just sit and do nothing...(you know, represent)

Che -Guevara;853281 wrote:
s of me 80s video games.

Lazy........Basketball gets boring after-while. Don't know how people watch an entire season?

Che, no one, not even David Stern watches an entire season....

Speaking of basketball, I didn't know Team GB's Men's Basketball knew what B-ball was, much less know how to dribble.

No names ee meesha keyneen, and ofcourse the one Sudanese they could bribe, Loul Deng.

My predictions.....because Team GB finds itself in a predicament, and they happen to be on the toughest of

the two groups(call Group B "group of death) they will go 0-5 in the preliminary rounds. Or 1-4, incase China

finds itself rusty.

Afterwards, if they are lucky, they may get a pat on the back from the Queen but thats about it. No news, nothing

to see. Olympic basketball is like the USA WOMEN's Basketball...the outcome is very predictable for the one andtwo spot.

On other news, USA Men's Basketball is not looking good for the GOLD....too many Oklahoma thunders for

my liking....Worse case scenario, they cruise through the silver...

Narniah   

Lol When team Somalia came out to shine with our flag, everyone in my family packed in the living room was literally jumping and cheering hysterically loool like as though they had already won gold.

It was epic!

LANDER   

LayZie G.;853345 wrote:
Che, no one, not even David Stern watches an entire season....

Speaking of basketball, I didn't know Team GB's Men's Basketball knew what B-ball was, much less know how to dribble.

No names ee meesha keyneen, and ofcourse the one Sudanese they could bribe, Loul Deng.

My predictions.....because Team GB finds itself in a predicament, and they happen to be on the toughest of

the two groups(call Group B "group of death) they will go 0-5 in the preliminary rounds. Or 1-4, incase China

finds itself rusty.

Afterwards, if they are lucky, they may get a pat on the back from the Queen but thats about it. No news, nothing

to see. Olympic basketball is like the USA WOMEN's Basketball...the outcome is very predictable for the one andtwo spot.

On other news, USA Men's Basketball is not looking good for the GOLD....too many Oklahoma thunders for

my liking....Worse case scenario, they cruise through the silver...

:D Your into your sports eh, Team GB was also suppose to have Ben Gordon but he couldn't make it because of the impending trade to the bobcats apparently. I spent a month in East london, they know basketball, they even have courts in east london and North london where dudes play regularly, I balled with some of those guys back in '05. Competition level wasn't great but better than I expected, respectable so don't sleep on the euros.

Carafaat   

NGONGE;853330 wrote:

p.s.

The athletes representing Somalia will (hopefully) do just that (represent). It does not matter if they win or lose. The fact that they are there when hundreds of others are not is enough (for now). At any rate, eedo Xaawa in deepest Somalia probably does not know the rules for the 400 meters but she sure knows what the Somali flag looks like and is proud of the fact that it appears alongside the flags of all those other countries. That should be enough.

Likewise with eedo Basra in darkest Gabiley who may also not understand the rules but knows that the skinny guy wearing the British top was born a stone throw away from her own house and that, too, is reason enough for her to be proud.

You forgat about Habiyaro Xaawo, who is wondering why Abdi Bile isnt caring the flag. :D

http://www.markacadey.net/news/45990/abd-bile-muxuu-calanka-u-qaadi-waayey-daawo-video.html