Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Olympics 2012 Thread

chubacka   

I wonder if the kids getting the autographs even know where Somalia is haha. Go team Som!

Opening ceremony was great, would have been better with out all the interuptions to introduce ppl. I am so glad they included Mr Bean, how British can you get?!

Yunis   

I was hoping Abdi Bile as flag bearer. Al Shariif must have demanded Areey gabadha iigu dhiiba calanka;)...I kid

Good luck to them at their 400 & 1500 meters respectively - they are brave, considering who they will be going against.

I think in somali bekele means rabbit!! Yesterday, this etho gal ordered doro stuff and i asked her if she ordered chicken and she said yes. My dad use to tell me that 40% of somali languages is arabic and ethiopian. Now, I am understand that in college many Oromos use come n just sit next to me in class.

Anyways, this olympic sucks, specially the way tv n internet broadcasts them, makes it more ill.

Abwaan   

Macallinka;853256 wrote:
Sorry ppl my camera was a bit hazy !!!!!

Waad na ceebeysey with your fake China made Nokia. Tel ma kuu soo diraa?:D

loool......thanks sxb waad dedaashey!

Baarqab Qooqay;853277 wrote:
x610.jpg

tan calanka eey sido iyo iyada, calankaa aayaaba miisaan badan, inay wadan gaajo ka timi waa loo jeedaa, armeey suuxda miskinntu.

olympic of refugee and starving ppl

Sxb qofta waa eey soomantahay. North Korea arag. :)

Khayr   

Truely, they are all forgetful (ghafiluun). While the Believers strive in the path of God during this Ramadan, the rest of the world watches the Olympics - not mindful of God (olympics at their greek origin where a tribute to the Greek Gods).

I saw the world preoccupied in the opening cerominies today, while most muslims were preoccupied about Ramadan (fasting, praying, reading quran, weakened energy, purification of the soul through the siyaam).

N.O.R.F   

Great first 20 mins or so to the ceremony up to Mr Bean then it just got bitty and boring. I think he should have carried on with the history lesson up to the present day.

Waited for Somalia and team GB. Great spectacle.

Abwaan;853283 wrote:
Waad na ceebeysey with your fake China made Nokia. Tel ma kuu soo diraa?
:D

loool......thanks sxb waad dedaashey!

Abwaan waa sonny camera laakiin anigaba malahayn midbaan ka xoogay oo taydii guriga ayaan kaga soo tagay lol

Thanks

Trevor Nelson and his knack for stating the blimmin obvious. Huw Edwards and Hazel Irvine were also very poor, content with regurgitating some mundane and archaic facts. Poor commentary throughout. I really liked Danny Boyles depicti onof Britain past and present, even though it was a little politically correct. Queen Lizzy rocked the show.

Ibtisam   

Why didnt Abdi Bile carry the flag- the tradition is someone who has won a medal for that country. although he probably thought better of it.

Im waiting for the athletics!!! looking at the listing is just Africa meet Africa and USA (with African runners), and Brazil, No one else,