Sign in to follow this  
The-freeman

Any rationalist observing Ramadan?

We're irrational! It's official! You heard it straight from the horse's mouth. Now, free-man, care to share with us the rest of the secrets of the universe - as you as a very rational man seem to be in the know?

In the meantime, we, the irrational bunch, will be waiting with great curiosity

char56313.jpg

aero   

LANDER;852466 wrote:
So you come to a forum that is predominantly muslim to pose a question to the 'non-religious', but you go further and assert the question is being posed to 'Rational' observers of Ramadan? Implying that anyone practicing Islam and observing the month of Ramadan is somehow irrational and devoid of reason. None of us are born yesterday, you came and posed this question in hopes of creating a discussion around your lack of belief, as you predicted this would be the reaction from the crowd. Like Che, I have met other atheist and though I may not share their views on religion, those I've come across are intelligent and reflective people who carry themselves with dignity and do not insult or under estimate the intelligence of religious people. They're very comfortable with their beliefs and do not seek validation or approval from others. Islam has its philosophers and philosophies that are rationally explained, if your allergic to religious teachings being brought up in the realm of reason, it only reinforces what I assumed to be your intentions in the first place. The only rational explanation I have seen from someone who is not practicing so far is the response from Miyir.

Ditto!!!

Tallaabo   

5;852472 wrote:
We're irrational! It's official! You heard it straight from the horse's mouth. Now, free-man, care to share with us the rest of the secrets of the universe - as you as a very rational man seem to be in the know?

In the meantime, we, the irrational bunch, will be waiting with great curiosity

char56313.jpg

:D:D:D

5;852472
[b wrote:
We're irrational
! It's official! You heard it straight from the horse's mouth. Now, free-man, care to share with us the rest of the secrets of the universe - as you as a very rational man seem to be in the know?

In the meantime, we, the irrational bunch, will be waiting with great curiosity.

I agree.

LANDER;852466 wrote:
So you come to a forum that is predominantly muslim to pose a question to the 'non-religious', but you go further and assert the question is being posed to 'Rational' observers of Ramadan? Implying that anyone practicing Islam and observing the month of Ramadan is somehow irrational and devoid of reason. None of us are born yesterday, you came and posed this question in hopes of creating a discussion around your lack of belief, as you predicted this would be the reaction from the crowd. Like Che, I have met other atheist and though I may not share their views on religion, those I've come across are intelligent and reflective people who carry themselves with dignity and do not insult or under estimate the intelligence of religious people. They're very comfortable with their beliefs and do not seek validation or approval from others. Islam has its philosophers and philosophies that are rationally explained, if your allergic to religious teachings being brought up in the realm of reason, it only reinforces what I assumed to be your intentions in the first place. The only rational explanation I have seen from someone who is not practicing so far is the response from Miyir.

So you and Che have meet atheist who are placid enough to not threaten your views, good for you! But some of us will challenge you and strongly disagree with your believes, learn to deal with! Those who are offended by the thread had the choice, to be or not to be offended, they choose the former.

Forgot to add: if this was a "Muslim" only forum, most post would have Islam related contents not "my region is better than yours" nonsense posted every hour.

The title of the thread only gave away the fact that you're not exactly the brightest kid around. But hey, whatever works for you dude, right? I wouldn't judge you even if you believed in Scientology. 'Cause judging is only for the grand Judge, Allah swt... that you don't believe in but which is still fine, 'cause I don't judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBmzGJcIK08

5;852492 wrote:
The title of the thread only gave away the fact that
you're not exactly the brightest kid around
. But hey, whatever works for you dude, right?
I wouldn't judge you
even if you believed in Scientology. 'Cause judging is only for the grand Judge, Allah swt... that you don't believe in but which is still fine, 'cause I don't judge.

Thanks for not judging "dude"!

Kulaha, "I have to play lip service'. Listen, you are still a skinny Zoomali. You being Atheist isn't going to make you any less Somali. Your butt is still blue black madow. Get real.

Raamsade   

Some of my fondest memories of Somalia are from Soonqaad. There was something special about Soonqaadka: the conviviality, the sweet aroma of afur food wafting through the air, the dulcet voice of Magool et al singing common Soonqaad songs blaring through the airwaves (yes, we music was integral part of Soonqaad in those days), the food, helping the poor and disadvantaged, even mind-numbingly dumb Wadaads were some what tolerable during Soonqaad. Those days are long gone nowadays. A long dark night has descended on our nation taking away from us our very own unique Islam and Soonqaad. In their place we got soulless, heartlees, sinister version of Islam that allots no room for individuality, fun, or personal freedoms. Today Soonqaad is more of a inquisition to ferret out and harrass "weak" Muslims. Modern Soonqaad lost its aura of spirituality and allure that it once had. So, to answer your question, this Balaayo Qabe won't partake in Soonqaad today. But if we can somehow reconstitute our old Soonqaad I will even though I don't believe in higher being or hell and heaven schemes.

Ramadaan Kariim