Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

First Black Pilot Was Not Somali But...

Somalia   

.. Nigerian. :D

When you use Wikipedia you look at the citations, and if you go to the Turkish articles, they explicitly state he was born in Bornu, Nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmet_Ali_%C3%87elikten

Place of Birth Bornu today, Nigeria
's is located southwest of Lake Chad, a slave dealer in devşirdiği least one of the regions. The slave caravans, set out from there to the north, the Sahara desert exceeds the present Libyan territory by moving the Mediterranean coast, Tripoli, Mısrata, Surt and Benghazi were reaching the ports.

http://www.posta.com.tr/pazarpostasi/HaberDetay/Dunyanin_ilk_siyahi_pilotu__Arap_Ahmet.htm?ArticleID=65707&PageIndex=1

Protagonist of the story of the 19th bought and brought to Istanbul by slave traders in Africa,
Bornu Emirate
century, a woman's grandson sold. This woman sold into slavery, perhaps the last slaves in Istanbul, one of which was razed by the reigns. even without knowing her name, her daughter know the name: "Negroes" Emine. Mrs. Ali Bey had three children with a nigger.

http://www.habervitrini.com/haber/dunyanin-ilk-siyah-pilotu-arap-ahmet-518917/

Some random fool changed edited Wikipedia so they wouldn't support the citations, who ever posted it on SOL is behind this vandalism. :D

Niggas taking Wikipedia seriously, smh :D

http://www.soobaxblog.com/post/27494761944/heres-a-fun-but-important-fact-did-you-know-that#notes

Coofle   

Somalia;852146 wrote:

Some random fool changed edited Wikipedia so they wouldn't support the citations, who ever posted it on SOL is behind this vandalism.
:D

]

I strongly Denounce the above statement and all the fault is attributed to Wikipedia. .... :)

I asked for "Haybtiisa" in order to confirm his somali identity, ...... Now many should understand why Beesha is important to conform Somali identity.... If your tribe is unknown then by default you are not somali..

Does anyone know if Asli Hassan Abade (Calansida) was the first African female pilot, we definitely know she was the first Somali fighter pilot, but was she the first African as well? just curious.....

Asli Hassan Abade.

show_image_trnsFeatured.php_1.jpg

LANDER   

Somalia;852146 wrote:
.. Nigerian.

Some random fool changed edited Wikipedia so they wouldn't support the citations, who ever posted it on SOL is behind this vandalism.

Niggas taking Wikipedia seriously, smh

:D ^

Good work on digging that up. But I'm pretty sure i wrote the following in the original post

"Wikipedia what can I say everybody gets to write on it. "Somaliland modern day Somalia" we know Somalilanders ain't writing that More like from Somaliland full stop.Haters! "

while you replied with

"there were many Somaliland, you picked a colonial name, live with it. We don't know who he was, we know he's Somali and that's that. "

So who was taking Wiki seriously? If Tomorrow If wrote that Abdulahi Yusuf was the greatest Somali to have ever lived and I attributed the walking on the moon and the discovery of insulin to him, you would gobble it up ain't that so? :D

Abwaan   

Naxar Nugaaleed;852214 wrote:
This after I posted it twitter, facebook, instagram? Damn

lol naxar, bal tan Asli inta la soo hubinayo u kaadi twitter haku qorin.:D

Abwaan;852375 wrote:
lol naxar, bal tan Asli inta la soo hubinayo u kaadi twitter haku qorin.

Here is what I found.

1) Captain Irene Kuki Mutungi is the first African female commercial airline pilot getting her first flight in the late 1950s.

2) Major Shawna Rochelle Kimbrell was the first African American combat pilot getting her first action in 1993.

but still can't confirm if Asli hassan is the first African female combat pilot.

Somalia   

LANDER;852374 wrote:
^

Good work on digging that up. But I'm pretty sure i wrote the following in the original post

"Wikipedia what can I say everybody gets to write on it. "Somaliland modern day Somalia" we know Somalilanders ain't writing that More like from Somaliland full stop.Haters! "

while you replied with

"there were many Somaliland, you picked a colonial name, live with it. We don't know who he was, we know he's Somali and that's that. "

So who was taking Wiki seriously? If Tomorrow If wrote that Abdulahi Yusuf was the greatest Somali to have ever lived and I attributed the walking on the moon and the discovery of insulin to him, you would gobble it up ain't that so?

I don't know what you are mean against me, what did I do to deserve that? :eek:

Salam.

Lol@ malika and abwaan, all those poor Somalis that were excited, the thing about these networks is you have the first with the info and sol used to my source of a first scoop n all things Somali but lesson learned friends

LANDER   

Somalia;852388 wrote:
I don't know what you are mean against me, what did I do to deserve that? :eek:

Salam.

lol^ war wa kaftan and your handeling it like a good sport.