Sign in to follow this  
Timur

Does Somalia have any Christians? (PICS)

Somalia is rather unique as it is essentially the only country in the old world that shares borders and seaways with such a variety of ethnic groups,religions and even races. I doubt Somalia is as homogeneous as some claim.There were Somali Christians before the war who likely continue to worship in secret. There probably aren't many left though.

Somalia   

Blackflash;851573 wrote:
Somalia is rather unique as it is essentially the only country in the old world that shares borders and seaways with such a variety of ethnic groups,religions and even races. I doubt Somalia is as homogeneous as some claim.There were Somali Christians before the war who likely continue to worship in secret. There probably aren't many left though.

Why did you edit Khaatumo out of your location, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL classic :D:D:D

:D I've decided to see things from a larger perspective in Somalia. I'm actually neutral on the issue as Somaliland and Puntland have offered little in the way of development in the region and Khaatumo is still up in the air as they're not yet in a position to make long term plans. Anyone can draw a line through the region and it would have little meaning, there will always be Somalis on either side of it.

Blackflash;851575 wrote:
:D
I've decided to see things from a larger perspective in Somalia. I'm actually neutral on the issue as Somaliland and Puntland have offered little in the way of development in the region and Khaatumo is still up in the air as they're not yet in a position to make long term plans. Anyone can draw a line through the region and it would have little meaning, there will always be Somalis on either side of it.

Congrats on extracting yourself from the politics of Somalia; it's a blackhole.

If I was a Somali christian I'd have ran out of there in a New York minute. Somalia is "NOT" a welcoming place for religious diversity.

Blackflash;851573 wrote:
Somalia is rather unique as it is essentially the only country in the old world that shares borders and seaways with such a variety of ethnic groups,religions and even races

Tell me about it ........ Thought Somalia's borders are all with Muslim communities only

enlighten me sxb

Homunculus;851579 wrote:
If I was a Somali christian I'd have ran out of there in a New York minute.
Somalia is a welcoming place for religious diversity

Maybe for the caadan with a bag of maize for the locals but not for other Somalis

Jacaylbaro;851581 wrote:
Tell me about it ........ Thought Somalia's borders are all with Muslim communities only

enlighten me sxb

When I refer to Somalia, I'm talking about the nation rather than the state.The Somalis outside the current state live and share borders with the Oromos, and other Semitic/Cushitic groups in Ethiopia as well as the Nilotes in Kenya, many of these groups are religiously heterogeneous. There were also a considerable number of Jews in Yemen before their recent migration to Israel.

The-freeman;851583 wrote:
Maybe for the caadan with a bag of maize for the locals but not for other Somalis

I forgot the "not". I'm actually not worried about religious diversity, I'm worried of religious fanaticism imported from Saudi Arabia. Al Shabab and Al Qaeda are a cancer that will destroy any civilization that we could possibly have in this country, they will keep the girls locked up and uneducated and censor any new ideas from our education system.

Homunculus;851599 wrote:
I forgot the "not". I'm actually not worried about religious diversity, I'm worried from religious fanaticism imported from Saudi Arabia. Al Shabab and Al Qaeda are a cancer that will destroy any civilization that we could possibly have in this country, they will keep the girls locked up and uneducated and censor any new ideas from our education system.

agreed!

wiil   

There are somali-christians and they are so many, they have their own church in kenya

Atleast they believe in some god, unlike our pagans in this page :D

Coofle   

The only reason I opened this thread is because it said (PICS) I was planning to see some faces so that in the future we have some people Rubbada laga gooyo....gaal dil marka hore gartiisana sii...