Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

First Black Pilot in History was Somali...

Coofle   

Ahmet Ali Çelikten[1][2][3] also known as Arap Ahmet Ali[2] or İzmirli Ahmet Ali[1] (born Izmirli Ali oghlu Ahmed, 1883 – 1969) was the world's first black military pilot in aviation history,[4] and one of only two known black combat pilots in World War I, the other being Eugene Jacques Bullard. His grandparents had moved from Somaliland (modern Somalia) to Basra, in what is now Iraq.[4][5]

Ahmet_Ali_Celikten_in_flight_suit.jpg

220px-DenizTayyareMektebi.jpg

The big question is ..... Waar ninku waa Reerkee? (To prove his somali identity) loolz

Abwaan   

Sounds good....Coofle more info mannoo heli kartaa please? Forget about his reerkiisa other than to identify him more.

he is not somali if his father is not somali. a thousand year chain of untainted blood will be broken. we must find out his tribe. this is causing me issues.

@Alpha. Women pass on more DNA to their children than men, as all Mitochondrial DNA comes from them. He is more Somali than someone who has only a Somali father.

LANDER   

Wikipedia what can I say everybody gets to write on it. "Somaliland modern day Somalia" we know Somalilanders ain't writing that :D More like from Somaliland full stop.Haters!

On another note back home we did know of a couple of families that actually traced back there ancestry to Basra Iraq, could be a coincidence this man decided to relocate their too or not.

Somalia   

LANDER;851501 wrote:
Wikipedia what can I say everybody gets to write on it. "Somaliland modern day Somalia" we know Somalilanders ain't writing that
:D
More like from Somaliland full stop.Haters!

On another note back home we did know of a couple of families that actually traced back there ancestry to Basra Iraq, could be a coincidence this man decided to relocate their too or not.

There were many Somalilands.

Mooge   

lander, you sound funy. british somaliland, italian somaliland, french somaliland , the whole trible country was known as somaliland something.

what i heard, this pilot was from cabdulahi yusuf's clan. he is distant relative of the guy who gave the xiinfaniin horse to the Sayid Maxamed. it is very funy. lol.

LANDER   

Mooge;851514 wrote:
lander, you sound funy. british somaliland, italian somaliland, french somaliland , the whole trible country was known as somaliland something.

what i heard, this pilot was from cabdulahi yusuf's clan. he is distant relative of the guy who gave the xiinfaniin horse to the Sayid Maxamed. it is very funy. lol.

I also heard that the self-proclaimed Sayid had mystical powers, he could float on water and teleport. I also heard this pilot was actually not Somali but Japanese-Somali from the great Samurai clans of Nagasaki. I also heard Abdulahi Yusuf and his clan like to claim everybody and everything. Hear-say It is indeed very funny.

Somalia   

LANDER;851519 wrote:
I also heard that the self-proclaimed Sayid had mystical powers, he could float on water and teleport. I also heard this pilot was actually not Somali but Japanese-Somali from the great Samurai clans of Nagasaki. I also heard Abdulahi Yusuf and his clan like to claim everybody and everything. Hear-say It is indeed very funny.

Stop getting your panties in a bunch just because it says Somaliland, there were many Somaliland, you picked a colonial name, live with it. We don't know who he was, we know he's Somali and that's that.