Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Women Top Men on IQ Tests For First Time

I think there is some truth to it, it seems to be an accurate measurement over the life of test participants, but the causes of the correlations aren't verifiable at this point. There have been numerous experiments to determine what portions of the genome are responsible for high intellectual capacity of some and of the few promising results, none of them could be replicated in other studies. Although plenty of researchers in this field would disagree. I think IQ is for the most part environmental, many would argue that the nurturing environment that children with a higher IQ is indicative of their parents' inherent abilities, but how would that explain the Flynn effect and the impressive developments of East Asian countries?

Yes,but indirectly. The environmental aspects that people face can be stratified in to racial groups. African Americans were making great progress in the 60s' and 70s', until the heroin epidemic, crack epidemic combined with the determiental effects of certain sub cultures in the late 80's- early 90's led to what is seen today. Although it might seem disingenuous to disregard certain data, I'm skeptical of earlier IQ test before the civil rights movement as the same circle of academia conducting racial studies lobbied for Jewish quotas at prestigious universities, if they went that far to deny certain groups from obtaining degrees, who's to say there was no doctoring of results?