Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Women Top Men on IQ Tests For First Time

A high IQ is most useful in the hard sciences and mathematics, yet Men make up the vast majority of my Computer Science classes, What's keeping women out of these streams? My B.O can't account for all of it.

You seem to forget that women weren't allowed to do pretty much anything for the longest time. Now that they're allowed, they're simply catching up :)

Blackflash, your argument is as inane as to argue that white people are inherently more intelligent than black people because they've invented most of the inventions ("what's keeping black people from winning Nobel prizes?") Most of the time it's opportunity, silly. Even today women graduating top of their class from the most prestigious universities in the world are losing out on the top jobs to male drop-outs because of the old boy network.

I may be pretty much watering down my whole post but I can't resist :D:

5;851382 wrote:
You seem to forget that women weren't allowed to do pretty much anything for the longest time. Now that they're allowed, they're simply catching up
:)

Blackflash, your argument is as inane as to argue that white people are inherently more intelligent than black people because they've invented most of the inventions ("what's keeping black people from winning Nobel prizes?") Most of the time it's opportunity, silly. Even today women graduating top of their class from the most prestigious universities in the world are losing out on the top jobs to male drop-outs because of the old boy network.

I may be pretty much watering down my whole post but I can't resist
:D
:

Lol, I didn't argue anything. It was an honest question.

Malika   

^There are a few factors that have contributed in fewer women entering science or mathematic fields - non of it had anything to do with their ability, it was purely a social constructed factors. For example, most societies do not educated girls and those that do tend to encourage young girls from a very young age to concentrate in non scientific or mathematical subjects.

I see a change - more young women go to universities now to do sciencitific subject and mathematic subject. Only this year, I would say 90% of the young women I have encoutered are pursuing studies in such subjects. So its a matter of time.

Raamsade   

This can only mean the world, overall, is becoming less intelligent. No glory in being the tallest among dwarfes, now is there?

Anyways, intelligence is wasted on women. No man is interested in a smart woman. Afterall, we don't make love to your intelligence or knowledge. It is your body we make love to. After that, the two most coveted female "talents" are cooking and housekeeping. What would a man do with a Phd Physicists pontificating on Quantum Mechanics? Boring! Unsexy! Ugly!

@Raamsade. I prefer girls in the fields of science and math. I've found it hard to have a serious relationship with girls who have nothing in common with me in regards to hobbies and interests. If you prefer a breathing blow up doll then all the power to you :cool:

I'd also like to clarify what I consider to be an intelligent woman, it doesn't apply only to university grads, but would have to be someone Raamsade finds Boring! Unsexy! and Ugly!

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Rock on Blackflash!