Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

What will be the place of non-muslims in a New Somalia?

Tallaabo   

NGONGE;851355 wrote:
^^ Needs no explaining, adeer. This is a "first world" topic that has no bearing on Somalia nor is worth the discussion really. Still, it makes me wonder if luxury cars can cope with the dodgy Somali roads in a "new" Somalia!

That is a typical excuse to brush a social issue under the carpet. Environmental protection and preparations for a possible climate change in the Horn of Africa is a rich man's academic exercise as well.

Tallaabo   

sharma-arke451;851189 wrote:
have the courage to state your stand on the issue sxb. be bold.

what is important to appreciate though, is the fact that, a mulxid or a murtad have no other consideration than death.

Luckily the likes of you were, are , and God willing will always be a minority in the Somali society.

Coofle   

"Timirtii Horeba Dab loo waa"

Somalia has enough problems,,,,, Any Somali Nomad who publicly announces himself as being non-muslim, I gotta say he is "brave".... Considering that he will be shunned by his family, and people like that in Somalia are under constant threat .... It is not easy to handle non-muslims as it is on SOL..... Shunning is the least harmful treatment that they could get....

An old Somali Nomad was once Asked ; Soomaalidu waa ayo? Who are Somalis?

His answer was as clear as it was naive ; "Waa intii muslin ah" he retorted.

NGONGE   

Tallaabo;851371 wrote:
That is a typical excuse to brush a social issue under the carpet. Environmental protection and preparations for a possible climate change in the Horn of Africa is a rich man's academic exercise as well.

Brilliant argument. Carry on. :D

RaMpAgE   

Theirs no place for them, they can do themselves a favor and stay away from Somalia, unless they want their heads on a pike.

somalee   

They should be allowed to live and work like any other Somali. About being allowed to hold positions, it depends. They should NOT be allowed to run for presidency or hold big positions. Even in democracies like the U.S., it's a big deal if a Muslim is given a key post. Why should Somalia be any different?

somalee   

Carafaat;851176 wrote:
Blackflash, do you want the sunday to be off from work? or rather on the friday? these are some dilema's the goverment should decide on if people should have the right to be off from work on sunday.

Are you kidding? That should not even be up for discussion. Somalia is a majority Muslim nation, a vast majority. The issue here is if non-Muslims whether Somalis or not should be allowed to live and work freely in Somalia, which I believe they should, not whether they can be off on Sundays or even on Christmas holidays or Easter or any other Christian holiday. Unless of course, we Muslims in the west are allowed to be off on Fridays and on Eid days. I'd LOVE to be off on Mowlid days too :). Asking to be off on any Christian holiday unless it coincides with a Muslim holiday, in my opinion is asking for too much.

I agree, but why should our fate be up for discussion? Could you imagine the leaders of your host nations discussing what limitations they should impose on your career choices? From the reaction on the burqa ban in France, I'd say that many of you don't like the idea of others meddling in your lives.

Carafaat   

somalee;851480 wrote:
They should be allowed to live and work like any other Somali. About being allowed to hold positions, it depends. They should NOT be allowed to run for presidency or hold big positions. Even in democracies like the U.S., it's a big deal if a Muslim is given a key post. Why should Somalia be any different?

How about people who commit infidelity or even rape, should they be allowed to run for Presidency. Like they are allowed in western countries as France, US,etc?

Carafaat;851492 wrote:
How about people who commit infidelity or even rape, should they be allowed to run for Presidency. Like they are allowed in western countries as France, US,etc?

Infidelity and rape are not the same thing; one is breaking a trust between two people (It is not a crime) while the other is a major crime which breaks the golden rule.

A rapist should not run for president (I doubt France would allow such a thing) .

To the average person, rape and infidelity are not really comparable (outside of religion that is). Sure, just as rape and infidelity revolve around sex, murder and suicide revolve around the taking of a life. I don't think we really need a long discussion on why they're not the same.

Aaliyyah   

I wonder why these type of topics are increasing as of late, along with the many scripts claiming to be atheists. Just an observation. Not that I am implying there are no Somalis who are atheists, who knows perhaps they do exist.

Aaliyyah;851582 wrote:
I wonder why these type of topics are increasing as of late, along with the many scripts claiming to be atheists. Just an observation. Not that I am implying there are no somalis who are athiests, who knows perhaps they do exist.

Coincidentally, both me and The-freeman joined around the same time. Before anyone asks, no we don't know each other and no, we're not the same person. You'll notice that The-freeman is more aggressive and pessimistic than I :P

It's likely just the online equivalent of an allergic reaction to the large number of posts accrued by us over a short period. No worries! This forum will repel the effects of the foreign invaders in no time and eventually return to it's original non-decadent state.

Aaliyyah   

^ I never said you were the same person. Simply, scripts (ie prior posters claiming new nicknames).

But, I didn't even realize that you two joined the same time. Thanks for pointing that out , now I am curious :)