Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

What will be the place of non-muslims in a New Somalia?

Michael Mariano from Erigabo was the head of UNF party during independence,then parliamentarian,ambassador & minister.There were few otha families & no one cared their faith.The new shabab wanabes are the ones that have no place in somalia.Besides somalis r clans which is above religion and no one dares harm them...boor,boor:D

This thread is a great example of what's wrong with Somalia, everyone is too busy contemplating the affairs of others before dealing with their own issues. Let's not put the cart before the horse, let's build our country up before we decide whether I should be decapitated or not:)

Somalia will never be a secular country. However that does not of course mean that we cannot live side by side with peoples of other faiths. Tolerance was once a value we muslims were proud of. Christians and Jews who come to settle and live amongst us should be able to build churches and synagogues. However as it is a Muslim country, their numbers should be limited to what is appropriate for the sizes of these communities. Also overt proselytizing should be banned to maintain community cohesion.

Somalis who profess other faiths will naturally cause much hoo haa, but they should be able to live in their own country. Qofna xoog lagu ma laha.

you be surprised how much pressure they put you thru to pray in somalia and yet all the treachery,lies,badmouthing,clannism and all kind rotten things afterwards...such a disgusting hypocrisy you can even detect online.

Somalia will never be a secular country.

Somalia was always a secular country, no niqab or tents on women,co-education,mingling of sexes even in countryside...everything fundamentalist you see is the last 30yrs esp when 100s of thousands emigrated to the Gulf and was exasperated by the oppression of last gov't & civil war that turned people to radicalism.

Blackflash;851224 wrote:
@The-freeman. It's more about what I can offer the country than what it can offer me. Canada has been great to me, but I feel as if I could make more of an impact on the lives of others in Somalia than I could here in Canada. Heck, I even think the prosperity of Somalia would benefit Canada in the future as it would ease the strain on the refugee system.

I'm always sceptical when I hear people say: "I can make an impact; we can make an impact etc". It sounds like a marketing seminar gimmick. I remain sceptical but good luck.

The-freeman;851232 wrote:
I'm always sceptical when I hear people say: "I can make an impact; we can make an impact etc". It sounds like a marketing seminar gimmick. I remain sceptical but good luck.

There's nothing wrong with skepticism as you and I know:D

Burahadeer, please note I was writing in the future tense. Somalia after this civil war will be a world apart from what it was pre 1991. Like many other Muslim countries, ours has become much more conservative over the last 20 years.

Centurion;851234 wrote:
Burahadeer, please note I was writing in the future tense. Somalia after this civil war will be a world apart from what it was pre 1991. Like many other Muslim countries, ours has become much more conservative over the last 20 years.

it's all about money:D....go to hargeisa & how it changed more liberal last few yrs, which tells me again that religion is only a refuge.Look at the west how people flock to churches during war or high unemployment.

Carafaat   

burahadeer;851226 wrote:
Michael Mariano from Erigabo was the head of UNF party during independence,then parliamentarian,ambassador & minister.There were few otha families & no one cared their faith.The new shabab wanabes are the ones that have no place in somalia.Besides somalis r clans which is above religion and no one dares harm them...boor,boor:D

That's the mentality one should have! :D

Cidna looma joojiyo, Ilahay mooyane. And if one is not afraid of God, why be afraid of some skinny as Somali faraxs.

a true country should well come every creed n color....everybody should have to right to vote, live in peace and pay me taxes!! u feel me. I am the king!

NGONGE   

^^ Needs no explaining, adeer. This is a "first world" topic that has no bearing on Somalia nor is worth the discussion really. Still, it makes me wonder if luxury cars can cope with the dodgy Somali roads in a "new" Somalia!

Carafaat   

Sxb, that is true. its a non issue. I was just testing the so called secularist waters here. I like Burahadheer answer though. :D

No need for cuqdado ina la iska dhadhiciyo!