Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Chinese ghost towns in [i]Africa?[/i]

burahadeer;850838 wrote:
^^ right ,another Zaire where the leader died with $18+ billion that end up in the hands of western bankers & masses left poorer & poorer in what could'v atleast been one of the first 5 richest countries in the world.

Africa has been cursed with one bad leader after another. I read somewhere that there is something like $38 billion missing from the public purse in Angola. The thinking is that the family of the President pretty much looted all of the money and has stashed it in Portugal, Brazil and other exotic locales. This as the avg. Angolan lives on less than $2 a day. Share the effing wealth!!!!

PS: These developments look like something straight out of North Korea, not segsi!

Reminds me of Dixon in Toronto:

urbantoronto-4292-12949.jpg

When will these leaders learn from the mistakes of other Africans? Look at what happened in Zimbabwe, material wealth will not solve the many social issues on that continent. Most of the inhabitants of those low income towers won't know how to maintain them and you'll likely create a new enclave.

Since we have no oil, or any other natural resources, what do you guy's feel about giving some "tuulo" or "gobol" aan la degneen to the Chinese if they build us something? :)

Apophis;872008 wrote:
^^Keep those cheap, mass produced, soviet era architecture from our lands; we already have hideous buildings being erected in the capital and elsewhere daily. We need diversification and originality not mass production, which will look unsightly in 20-30 years.

You know dowladii Kacaanka limited how many floors buildings should have and the exterior painting colours to pure white. It also kinda forced the walled houses on the main streets to paint their enclosed walls once each year minimum. Also no house's wall whatsoever would be further than his/her neighbours. All walls way simanayeen, so Xamar had those perfect straight streets, avenues and roads. Paint was nuuryo too, very cheap and produced inside the country. No wonder it was called the Pearl of Indian Ocean. It was the result of mass planning.

I now understand why that was needed. Qashin dhan ayaa balaayo dhan iska dhisanaayo today at wherever to whichever colour one desires. Now pink is the favourite colour that dons the exterior of the newly built buildings and houses Xamar, themselves architecture styles imported from Kenya and Imaaraadka, ugly-looking junk buildings.

Apophis;872008 wrote:
^^Keep those cheap, mass produced, soviet era architecture from our lands; we already have hideous buildings being erected in the capital and elsewhere daily. We need diversification and originality not mass production, which will look unsightly in 20-30 years.

Dude, these are modern buildings. They look way better than some of the stuff i see here.

Mohammed   

They look disgusting. Something you'd find in the 1950s era of soviet union. Plus it's a perfect element for ghettos to form and crime to spread and before you know it will look like a worn down area full of crackheads.

Somalia does not need this. Let's go back to the beautiful buildings we had during the 50s/60s/70s.

N.O.R.F   

What exactly is wrong with what the Angolan Govnt. has done here? I mean, something more than speculation. They have used the oil money to build towns and cities for their people. Beggars being choosers you lot.

Chimera   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;872185 wrote:
You know dowladii Kacaanka limited how many floors buildings should have and the exterior painting colours to pure white. It also kinda forced the walled houses on the main streets to paint their enclosed walls once each year minimum. Also no house's wall whatsoever would be further than his/her neighbours. All walls way simanayeen, so Xamar had those perfect straight streets, avenues and roads. Paint was nuuryo too, very cheap and produced inside the country. No wonder it was called the Pearl of Indian Ocean. It was the result of mass planning.

I now understand why that was needed. Qashin dhan ayaa balaayo dhan iska dhisanaayo today at wherever to whichever colour one desires. Now pink is the favourite colour that dons the exterior of the newly built buildings and houses Xamar, themselves architecture styles imported from Kenya and Imaaraadka, ugly-looking junk buildings.

Actually, I think many of the new constructions are architecturally harmonious with the old style of Mogadishu, maybe only their color-schemes could be changed into a uniform colour i.e 'white-washed', for example these villas would look smashing in creamy beige or white:

cynxx.jpg

Then you have constructions like these, which are very much welcome in my opinion:

23rs66e.jpg

5284513a.png

The style I dislike is this one:

dhismayaasha_xamar_7.jpg

7392351214_aab685b28d.jpg

(WTF is going on lol, makes you want to play tetris)