Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Chinese ghost towns in [i]Africa?[/i]

"If you build it, they will come". Looks like another incompetent African leader based his country's economic development on a movie quote.

Blackflash;850795 wrote:
"If you build it, they will come". Looks like another incompetent African leader based his country's economic development on a movie quote.

LoL their incompetent leaders seem to be doing better than ours.

Haha, true. Our leaders are Forrest Gump fans, "Mama says, stup*d is as stup*d does.".

Edit:Lol, I didn't know stup*d was censored here.

read like 2yrs ago that one bedroom in Luanda is from $3000 + and ova 90% of natives can't afford who live in shanty towns outside the capital.Another misplaced priorities by african leader.

Yeah, it's crazy how little foresight these leaders have. It's imperative that local economies are growing healthily first, before natural resources are extracted. That way, there's a business community that will grow with infrastructure developments.

^^ right ,another Zaire where the leader died with $18+ billion that end up in the hands of western bankers & masses left poorer & poorer in what could'v atleast been one of the first 5 richest countries in the world.

Well a ghost town is better than no town. This town can house 500 000 people, which is a LOT of people. Maybe the Government should invite foreign corporations to invest in the country, creating jobs whilst simultaneously expanding credit so the newly employed Angolans can acquire a mortgage.

Most Angolans live in small shacks without even basic services. If the Government can figure out ways to move these people in, it can set off a chain of events which can create a strong Angolan middle class.

This project cost 3.5 billion dollars, and it can house 500 000 people, so thats 7000$/person. Honestly i dont see this project as all that bad.

Malika   

African goverments rarely have any consideration to the citizens it serve - they sign contracts , take their share and to h.ell with the rest.

I was somewhere, where the ministry of fishery had accepted an import of fish from 'nuclear effected shores of Japan' - its obvious the minister that ok'ed that contract isnt going to eat that fish, but it was flocked into the market at a very cheap price - for the gulliable African consumer.. tsk, tsk..

DoctorKenney;850921 wrote:
Well a ghost town is better than no town. This town can house 500 000 people, which is a LOT of people. Maybe the Government should invite foreign corporations to invest in the country, creating jobs whilst simultaneously expanding credit so the newly employed Angolans can acquire a mortgage.

Most Angolans live in small shacks without even basic services. If the Government can figure out ways to move these people in, it can set off a chain of events which can create a strong Angolan middle class.

This project cost 3.5 billion dollars, and it can house 500 000 people, so thats 7000$/person. Honestly i dont see this project as all that bad.

Their government has done little to nothing in the way of social investments. This is a country that like Somalia, has been battered by decades of civil strife, you could stick 500,000 Angolans in there and all you would get are downtrodden city blocks instead of downtrodden shantytowns.