Sign in to follow this  
The-freeman

How TV Ruined Your Life

I love British programming, you guys don't realize how much better you have it.

Edit: Haha, I just realized the irony of my above statement in regards to this video, I was speaking about documentaries like the one you posted specifically. Every documentary that our national broadcaster airs has to involve David Suzuki or Killer Whales.

Blackflash;850566 wrote:
I love British programming, you guys don't realize how much better you have it.

It's not all great though, there's a lot of junk but thankfully much less than the US.

Check out Peep Show (one of the best British TV series in the last 10 years): :

Somalia   

I feel sorry for Jimmy :D But on a serious note, TV is not the same as it used to be, of course every generation says that when their programs don't appear anymore.

By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this show before, Charlie Brooker on The Wire. :cool:

Somalia;850571 wrote:
I feel sorry for Jimmy
:D
But on a serious note, TV is not the same as it used to be, of course every generation says that when their programs don't appear anymore.

By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this show before, Charlie Brooker on The Wire. :cool:

I followed his recommendation for The Wire and The Shield (both fantastic shows) but I'm not sure about Deadwood

Somalia   

Yeah, The Wire is my favourite show, I think I watched the series a dozen times over. :eek:

But I never followed through with The Shield or Deadwood, Deadwood for obvious reasons, but The Shield because it seems 'not original' like HBO and AMC differ from the rest like USA or Showtime.

Somalia;850575 wrote:
Yeah, The Wire is my favourite show, I think I watched the series a dozen times over. :eek:

But I never followed through with The Shield or Deadwood, Deadwood for obvious reasons, but The Shield because it seems 'not original' like HBO and AMC differ from the rest like USA or Showtime.

I don't know about Deadwood (I plan to watch it sometime in the future) but The shield is good (I mean really good). Just like The Wire, you need to watch a few episodes to be engrossed. For me, The shield comes ahead of The Sopranos. Invest and ye shall be rewarded!

Somalia;850578 wrote:
I will try The Shield next week, I finished The Sopranos. I liked it a lot.

I recommend to you:

Way ahead of you on Breaking Bad ( it starts again on Sunday, can't wait to see Heisenberg return :D).

I haven't seen Game of Thrones (I'm thinking it's similar to Rome bar the supernatural aspect) yet but I intend to as soon as the hype dies down.

By the by, have you heard of the "Chat & cut"? Larry David unveils:D