Premier League 2012/13

NGONGE   

^^

RVP:

Apperances: 382 Goals 175

Suarez:

Apperances 312 Goals 179

p.s.

It's not about what anyone says, saaxib. It's about what they SEE. The only reason nobody gives Suarez the credit he deserves is because of the diving and racist stories not his football ability.

Oz   

^^^^^^ Okay Imo I think Suarez is a better all round player but RVP is showing how vital he is, even in such a good squad. Last season he carried Arsenal. And this season he is making the difference in the title race.

Suarez is fantastic, if liverpool were to somehow reach top 4, I think he would deserve it more. But as it stands RVP pips it because he is in effect taking United to the title. As I said, I would reserve judgement when it becomes clearer as to how the season will finish.

N.O.R.F   

Rodgers is trying too hard. Such games are all about the result and not how we played or how the youth players performed. That was a proper old school game of football. He should have anticipated that and gone out with a stronger line up.

NGONGE   

^^ Told you he's a rubbish manager. The man has a total managment experience of about two hundred games, saaxib. War even Carraghar played double of that.

Raamsade   

I wonder what Liverpool's think of Benitez now. Since he left them Liverpool went from nadir to another with no end of this misery in sight. I remember when Benitez was in charge Liverpool were formidable foe, they knocked Chelsea out of the CL twice if I remember correctly.

Oz   

Chelsea fans don't get it do they?

Rafa's record in the PL is almost identical to RDM's. But RDM had a fully fit squad that he burned out not rotating at all. Were there boos for RDM? Of course not. So why are Chelsea fans blaming Rafa?

The media have highlighted this anti-Rafa stuff, and so many fans have just jumped on the bandwagon. Why? You can't blame the manager when the team just isn't performing. Giving up a 2 goal lead against Reading is not the managers fault when there's 10 minutes left. A top 10 team has no excuse for doing that, let alone a top 3 side against a relegation battler! Yet they use Rafa as an excuse. Ridiculous.

NGONGE   

^^ Never mind that and listen to Zlatan speak instead. :D

Following David Beckham's announcement upon signing a five-month contract with PSG that he will donate his entire salary to a Parisian children's charity, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has announced that he will donate all of his wages to himself.

"I heard Beckham's decision and it made me think," Ibrahimovic told reporters while on duty with the Swedish national team. "Who is most deserving of all of the money that I, Zlatan, am paid? The answer is Zlatan. The children of Paris are not leading Ligue 1 in goals this season. I am. I have 20 goals. The next best players have 12. Twelve! If anything, the children of Paris should be giving me even more money for having the privilege of being in the same city as my incredible quality. And so should David Beckham. Call it a Zlaritable donation."

The initial wave of praise for Beckham's charity decision last week quickly led to a backlash as French critics are now accusing him of donating his salary, signing a short-term deal and maintaing residence in England as a way to avoid the proposed 75 percent tax rate on France's top earners. But Ibrahimovic finds hypocrisy in this criticism.

"When I signed with PSG the politicians called my wages 'indecent' in a time when so many people are struggling, even though it is a lot of money that can be taxed and help the country," Ibrahimovic continued, while demonstrating Taekwondo moves. "Now Beckham gives all of his wages to a local charity and people call him a tax dodger. Both are examples of ****** people complaining about good things. It is a waste of breath. Like Pep Guardiola blowing up his own birthday balloons, which I then pop with an overhead kick the second he is finished. These people should be subject to a 75 percent ********* tax payable to the Bank of Zlatan. Then they will have something to really complain about."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/future-news-zlatan-ibrahimovic-announces-donating-entire-salary-065816514--sow.html;_ylt=ArU8RskI_jq7Qrl0r6VCu6MLE904;_ylu=X3oDMTJiYWJzaDJ0BG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEJsb2cgI2RlZmF1bHRfbGF5b3V0X3NtYXJ0cGhvbmUEcG9zAzIyBHNlYwNNZWRpYUJsb2dJbmRleA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpMm9iMzh1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Oz   

Manchester City v Chelsea

Someone on twitter called this the "Oil Classico". :D

A lot riding on this game for City. If they lose or draw, they risk losing further ground in the title race. For Chelsea, this game is a good opportunity to potentially put some difference between us and Spurs (and the rest of the CL chasing pack), and possibly replace City in second eventually.

Oz   

Penalty miss didn't help our chances. Thought Hazard had a legitimate reason to go down in the box and win a second penalty at 0-0 too, but he stayed on his feet and put a cross in which didn't even get attacked.

City were hands down the better team today and it looks like we're in a battle for third now. Long way away from being title contenders, and with FFP coming into effect I'm not sure how easy it will be for us to get back to that level.

Oz   

Atmosphere is like a morgue at OT. Awful first 15 minutes, not even sure why the 2nd goal was a freekick, Moses got the ball. Much better team in the second half and dominated the game. Mikel and Ramires much much better then Lampard / Ramires. Probably should of won but a draw is a great result, hopefully we can finish it off at home.

Great save from de Gea. Thought Ba was useless when he was on. Then again so is Torres.

Fantastic win! Well done 'Pool! :D :D

N.O.R.F   

Big win today. Didn't play well at all and Spurs showed their quality. Dembele was brilliant. We got some luck but its about time we had some. We need bigger players. We keep getting knocked off the ball easily. Lucas and Allen are just too weak to dominate those midfield duels.

Unlucky Chelsea. Mata could and should have won that.

Oz   

Chavs vs Hammers

Great performance today, one of our best this season. Could (and maybe should) of been about 5-0. Hazard was pure class. I've been really impressed with Luiz lately too. Showing some of the form he did around this time last year before he got injured.

Really glad we managed to make the most of the choking cockerels result. Might even be able to think of 2nd again, but with our fixture list I'd take 3rd now. We're going to have a minimum of 65 games this season! If we reach finals of both cups it will be 75 games I think I heard (not sure that's right though).

Ba's first miss today was shocking. Can't believe how wide it went. Glad to see Lampard get his 200th goal against West Ham too.

Scousers vs Saints

I thought Southampton were clearly better in every single position on the pitch. It wasn't a one off either, they beat City at a canter, Ferguson named them as the best team to visit Old Trafford this season and they ran City and United close at the start of the season. They also massively dominated most of their recent matches and were unlucky not to get more from them.

I know Ngonge and NORF will put it down to an off day for them ignoring the fact that Southampton were just better and didn't allow Liverpool to play well. There are several key positions, including midfield and both full backs that no saints fan would swap with Liverpool's team.