Sign in to follow this  
Garnaqsi

Premier League 2012/13

Oz   

We should have killed the game off before half time. We were punished for not doing so.

I was actually waiting for Liverpool to score. Could see it happening, and we ended up being lucky Liverpool didn't nick it at the end with the Suarez one-on-one or Enrique effort.

Oscar and Mata had great chances to make it 2-0, and twice Torres was unlucky not to score - I can't believe how often that little bit of luck goes against Torres!

Saying that, I also think Torres didn't show enough effort towards the ends of both halves. He started brightly but then stopped closing anyone down, and when playing against a possession team I think this is really important. It forces them to go long, so I was really disappointed with Torres here.

Just compare ourselves to United and City this weekend. They needed to pull something out the bag and they had the players to bring on to do it. Hernandez and Dzeko. The sign of a serious title challenger is when you can win even when you haven't played particularly well.

Sad to admit it, but seemed a draw was a fair result in the end. I do think we edged the game overall though.

NGONGE   

^^ You played well. Torres played well but is not getting the required service from Hazard and Oscar (only Mata seems to try to play him). The corner for your goal came from Torres pressing Enrique, etc, etc, etc.

We didn't play well but could have won it in the end. Rodgers needs to show more flexibility.

N.O.R.F   

^He won a corner, he hit the target, he isn't getting the services etc etc. Waar is has gone off the boil.

Rogers didn't show flexibility? :D

He said:

"We normally play with three forwards and that allows us to press the game. With the two front players we couldn't get our distances right. Once we changed it around to 4-2-3-1, we got back on to the front foot again. It was a terrific point and I'm delighted for our young players. I know as well as anyone how hard it is to come here."

Oz, you guys should have killed the game off before we scored.

NGONGE   

^^ Err.. Suarez did more or less the same stuff but he's a hero. War bahasha baro dee.

As for Rodgers, I know what he said. The flexibility is in this "philosophy" of his, saaxib. The man is full of it.

Oz   

Shouldn't Webb be trying to help Liverpool as points lost for Chelsea would be beneficial to United?:D. Unless we bolster our striking options it will be a two horse race btw the Manchester clubs

When did Torres last score a league goal? You have 2 strikers and both seem unhappy at the club. No chance of a serious challenge if that isn't addressed.

Ps:It was sort of interesting how nobody celebrated with the Tooth Fairy when he scored.:D

Oz   

Norf, Brendan rodgers admitted that he made a mistake with his formation and tatics which he changed midway through the 2nd half and in doing so changed the outcome of the game , I thought Carragher rolled back the years with a tremendous performance, Glen Johnson what a terrific player he is.... Gerrard also had a good game.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;888309 wrote:
Suarez scored and is joint top scorer (I think). Rogers is doing ok. No need to change anything. Bahasha baro.

We're in the bottom half of the table. One man is scoring almost all of our goals. We have won only TWO games. War even Hodgson wasn't this bad. Maxaan barta badow yaho! :D

Garnaqsi   

People hate him, but I love Suarez. He can make defenders look like jokes. Delightful to watch.

LOL @ N.O.R.F on Torres. Come on, man. He's having hard time, but not that bad surely! :D

NGONGE   

^^ Sadly, I think Man U are going to win it this time. They have a dozen defenders missing and they're still winning games. :(

Arsenal used to fade around March but this team fades in October. Walee anagaba iyo Arsene war baa na kala haysta. He thinks we have a chance of winning the title. Wax dheh!

I'm one of the last supporters he has and I'm giving up on him.

NGONGE   

^^ You probably said the same thing last season too but I bet you began cheering when the team improved and finished third. :D

I will always cheer when Arsenal are playing, regardless. I have just given up on the title unless we buy world class midfielder, a keeper and Falcao the atl mar striker.

Until then i'm happy to finish above the spurs and Liverpool.

Thanks for the welcome though.