Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Coping with the concept of death

Alpha Blondy;850188 wrote:
these bunch of homegrown militant atheists are ruining many a threads with their anti-god stances. this is unacceptable.

NGONGE   

Might as well give this one another airing :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I’m dying. It’s not a joke. I really think I’m dying.

I’m not sure what it is I’m dying of but I suspect it may be food poisoning! Three days ago, I had a takeaway. It was the only meal I had all day. It was a delicious meal and as I was eating it I was telling myself that I should have takeaways more often. But, three hours later, I was sat in the toilet (and on it) groaning away like a man holding his middle finger and trying to extricate a stuck ring! My stomach feels very tender, my back hurts, my thighs ache, I keep trying to stop myself from vomiting and I feel dizzy.

The food poisoning may kill me but it’s really not the reason why I think I’m dying. One of the real reasons for my imminent death is the shortness of breath I keep having every time I go to sleep at night. This has been happening for years but, lately, it got even more uncomfortable. You see, I’m the type of person that can not go to sleep with any lights on in the room. I have to sleep in total darkness or I don’t sleep at all. Therefore, every night, when I go to bed, I have to completely bury myself under the covers. But when I do, I feel claustrophobic and struggle for breath. On nights when I’m very tired I only need to hide under the covers for five minutes before I completely fall asleep and then, naturally and unconsciously remove the covers away from my face. However, I’m now getting old and my reflexes are not as good as they used to be! Where in the past when someone threw a punch at me I’d arrogantly (and quickly) crouch, touch the floor and then uppercut them all the way to Guatemala, I now merely touch my knee before breathlessly poking them on the chin. Before you start shaking your head and wondering what has that got to do with my sleep let me tell you that the answer is EVERYTHING. Just think about it for a minute, if my reactions have become that slow when I’m conscious and fully awake can you imagine how bad I am when I’m sleeping? What if one day, after I’ve covered my face and finally fell asleep, I forgot to take the covers of?

This is what happens to all those people that die peacefully in their sleep you know. I don’t want to die peacefully in my sleep. I don’t want to make the grim reaper’s job easier! In fact, I suspect that Mr Reaper despises this type of death. He probably considers such people a second-rate sort of corpse. I’m a man of principle, I want to amount to something in life and would also want my death to count. Accidental suffocation is not something I’d want to go to my grave with. Besides, I don’t think it’s a peaceful death at all.

Still, I know I’m dying. I’m not talking in a hundred years time when I’m a toothless old man. I’m talking today, next week or if I’m lucky next month at the latest. I’m not paranoid or a hypochondriac. I’m a reasonable, practical man. And when a reasonable, practical man finds a boil on his head a reasonable, practical man has good reason to fear death!

I found it whilst having a shower. Just as I put the shampoo on and started to happily shove it about the greying hair, I felt a sting! You see, on average, I frequently feel a sting in one part of my body or another as I’m having a shower. But that’s usually because I’m a clumsy person that walks into things and accidentally scratches his hands or legs. I only find out about these scratches when I’m having a shower and applying the shampoo, soap or shower gel. To feel a sting in one’s head is something totally different though. How in the world did I manage to accidentally scratch my head? I don’t even have long finger nails; I eat them all away with worry about being suffocated in my sleep.

This was a big boil. It was like a tiny volcano right in the middle of my head. It was gently spitting out hot lava and I felt its sizzling stings. I am going to die, I know I am. When this boil finally bursts and all my intelligence turns into yellow puss I’m going to fall asleep and forget to take the covers off my head!

I’m not sure if all of this is related, and I’m afraid to ask a doctor lest he confirm my looming death. But I get these headaches! I’m talking real, painful and blinding headaches. Sometimes I blackout for split seconds; usually when I’m trying to touch my knees and poke someone’s chin. I see lightening in my eyes and hear thunder in my ears. Whenever that happens I try to hold my breath and wait for the MOMENT. It would be great to say that at that time I lament the whimper and wish for the bang, or sit and do a hamlet-like soliloquy. But, truly, and I have to tell the truth now because I may die at any minute, all I say to myself is that: I’m going to die. Oh. My. God! I’m going to die. I’m GOING to DIE!

The wise people I spoke to all told me that everyone dies one day. But if I’m going to die I want it to be a special thing. I want people to talk about it in years to come and see how heroic I was. But no, I don’t want to die in a war or anything like that. Because what guarantees do I have that my side would win the war if I stormed the enemy’s front lines and died fighting? What if my death becomes nothing but the desperate actions of a glory-hunter? I don’t want to die in that way. In fact, I don’t want to plan my death. I want it to just happen. I want it to be peaceful. I want to die with an upset stomach, a blinding headache, scratches all over my body and a big dripping boil in the middle of my head. Nevertheless, I suspect that this is not going to happen. I already have all these problems and I’m not dead yet! Maybe my in growing fingernail is what will tip the scale!

Aaliyyah   

^^^ Fold up your stall, no one is buying!

Speak only for yourself. Unless, of course all these nicknames who claim to be atheists or seem confused are your other scripts.

You are the only person that can ultimately decide what you choose to believe or not. That is a right Allah swt gave it to you, to make your decisions. After all Allah swt could have made everyone a Muslim by force, but instead you were given a mind and the revelation of the Koran. Make your choices wisely.

Aaliyyah;850263 wrote:
Speak only for yourself. Unless, of course all these nicknames who claim to be atheists or seem confused are your other scripts.

What's up with the constant denial of the existence of Somali atheists? We (Somalis) are not as homogenous as we like to claim, there has always been different cultures, religious movements and ethnic groups in Somalia and that won't change any time soon.

Aaliyyah;850263 wrote:

You are the only person that can ultimately decide what you choose to believe or not. That is a right Allah swt gave it to you, to make your decisions. After all Allah swt could have made everyone a Muslim by force, but instead you were given a mind and the revelation of the Koran. Make your choices wisely.

There is no supernatural element, end of story! The natural world is much more beautiful and complex, than what you assert.

Blackflash;850269 wrote:
What's up with the constant denial of the existence of Somali atheists?
We (Somalis) are not as homogenous as we like to claim, there has always been different cultures, religious movements and ethnic groups in Somalia and that won't change any time soon.

Two words: cognitive dissonance.

somalee   

AYOUB;849670 wrote:
Death is not a "chicken and egg situation" death is a "chicken balaq" situation. There's no omelette then on, even the Dalai Lama knows it.

It's when I get sick especially that I think a lot about death and Akhirah. I need to go Hajj before I die, I hope I do.

Aaliyyah   

Blackflash, I am not denying anything. You and mr freeman can choose to believe whatever you want. I simply requested of him to say " I am not buying it" instead of his previous comment of "no one is buying it". He can only speak for himself.

wyre   

Ngonge, Now You Are Scaring Me,

please Read Quran And Pray So Much, Haddii Aad Dhimaneyso Tubta Toosan Aa Lagu Dhintaa

Malika   

Lol@Ngonge

What a topic! - Alpha a thought provocking thread.

Despite death being inevetable, it scares the hell out of me. I obsess on how tidy my house is almost every night, have I sorted my paper work - have I left enough information to what should happen for my child, if I dont wake up or dont get to make it home that evening etc. these thoughts frequent my mind, so how do I cope? I console myself with the notion of whatever is meant to be will be, this life is temporary and am a mere guardian of my child - her future either with me or without me is definetly not mine to determine, so meanwhile - I go about living, smilling and hoping.

When i die, i sure gonna take my playlist with me!! Hey..no I-shyte though, i want Samsung 3...o=kol...then i can party in heaven with my favs. kol.

If i got to hell..i wont need my playlist...since all them singers will be there anyway!! Finally free concerts. kol, one +ve vibe about hell.

chubacka   

^ I don't think there are concerts in hell. There are somethings that even you Rudy cannot make a joke of.

The-freeman;850166 wrote:
The atoms you're composed of will recycle but your conciousness will go to sleep, never dreaming, never waking i.e nothingness.

How do you know that the conciousness will sleep? What are you basing this on?