Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Coping with the concept of death

Raamsade   

More terrifying than death is how you die. When I depart from this world, I wanna go out with a bang not a whimper. Imagine kicking out while making love to the buxom hussy next door?! What an ignominious death. People will think of me as the guy who couldn't finish the job. Or imagine dying in a car accident or collapsing from heat stroke in scorchingly hot day while mowing the lawn. Or for that matter succumbing to some girly illness like cancer. Believe or not some people actually die while taking dump! There is nothing special or memorable or glorious about these run-of-the-mill deaths. So, when I finally kick out, I want me a glorious death one people will talk about and remember for generations to come. Glorious death like sacrificing my life to safe a kid about to be run over by a bus or while zapping Alshabaabis and religous zealots in cause of secuarlism and sanity.

wyre   

Raamsade;849907 wrote:
More terrifying than death is how you die. When I depart from this world, I wanna go out with a bang not a whimper. Imagine kicking out while making love to the buxom hussy next door?! What an ignominious death. People will think of me as the guy who couldn't finish the job. Or imagine dying in a car accident or collapsing from heat stroke in scorchingly hot day while mowing the lawn. Or for that matter succumbing to some girly illness like cancer. Believe or not some people actually die while taking dump! There is nothing special or memorable or glorious about these run-of-the-mill deaths. So, when I finally kick out, I want me a glorious death one people will talk about and remember for generations to come. Glorious death like sacrificing my life to safe a kid about to be run over by a bus or while zapping Alshabaabis and religous zealots in cause of secuarlism and sanity.

Mad Man :D :D

Raamsade;849907 wrote:

desperate minds, initiate desperate thoughts. to wish for a glorious death, while living an inglorious life, shows the ill bigotry innocence in you. however, the wanting of people to talk about you, is the REAL purpose life means to you. unfortunately, they say, a dying ape will not bequeath,,,,,,,,

rediscover your ideologies, please.

The-freeman;849169 wrote:
You have critiqued my position but you've failed to offer your own. Let's see if it is more reasonable than mine.

i asked a question, is that fair?

before conception =nothingness. is this a balanced equation? do solve.

sharma-arke451;849984 wrote:
i asked a question, is that fair?

before conception =nothingness
. is this a balanced equation? do solve.

There is no consciousness before one is conceived and it is the same for death. This is a balanced and a fair assumption;

when I say conceived I don' mean at the point of birth but 10 months earlier.

Aaliyyah   

^ Life before conception xagaad ku aragtay? miyaad ku riyootay kulaha it was boring. Subhanalah.How do you expect hell fire to spice things up when you are dead?..does that even make sense? that's a contradiction right there.

It's an intentional paradox, I know nothing of life before my birth and thus can't suggest what an after life will hold in store. Which is why I've prepared myself for the eternal suffering my parents keep telling me about.

Blackflash;850165 wrote:
It's an intentional paradox, I know nothing of life before my birth and thus can't suggest what an after life will hold in store. Which is why I've prepared myself for the eternal suffering my parents keep telling me about.

The atoms you're composed of will recycle but your conciousness will go to sleep, never dreaming, never waking i.e nothingness.

Aaliyyah   

you don't need to suggest what an after life will hold in store for yourself or anyone else after all you have no control over when you are going to die let alone anything else. You are a human and a creation at that.

Get a copy of the Koran Blackfash, if you don't already have one.It will tell you everything Allah swt has in store for those who do good and those who do evil. Allah subhanuhu wa ta'ala will give every soul what it put forward.Allah swt is just, and no soul will be wronged.

So prepare for the hereafter not because of what your parents tell you (althou that is usually the case with children they follow what their parents tell them) but right now you are an adult I am assuming hence why you have to read the Koran and understand it. I remember reading somewhere if you want to speak to Allah swt pray, but if you want Allah swt to speak to you read the Koran. I couldn't have said it better it sums it all.

AYOUB   

Blackflash;850163 wrote:
Life before conception was rather boring for me, .

*1. Has there not been over Man a long period of Time, when he was nothing - (not even) mentioned?

2. Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight.

3. We showed him the Way: whether he be grateful or ungrateful (rests on his will).

Noble Qur'an Surat 76 (Al Insan, ayat 1-3)

Blackflash;850165 wrote:
It's an intentional paradox, I know nothing of life before my birth and thus can't suggest what an after life will hold in store.

78. And he makes comparisons for Us, and forgets his own (origin and) Creation: He says, "Who can give life to (dry) bones and decomposed ones (at that)?"

79. Say, "He will give them life Who created them for the first time! for He is Well-versed in every kind of creation!-

Noble Qur'an Surat 36 (Ya-Sin, ayat 78-79)