Sign in to follow this  
DoctorKenney

Somali President Inspects Currency Printing Options

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Khartoum - The Somali President Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed has inspected printing of his country's currency at the Sudanese Company for Currency Printing.Somali President has been briefed by the Director General of the Sudanese Company for Currency Printing, Engineer Mohamed Hassan Al-Bahi, on the phases of the currency printing and ways to secure it.Al-Bahi revealed that the technologies used in the printing of Somali currency is the most modern in the currency industry domain besides ways of securing it from counterfeiting.Engineer Al-Bahi pointed out that the company, besides the currency printing, prints the electronic and ordinary passport, documents, invoices, bank cheques and balance cards for the telecommunications companies, adding that 30 banks print their cheques at the Sudanese Company for Currency Printing.He stressed that the company was ready to provide all aids to the Somali State including currency counterfeiting-detection and counting equipment.

Counterfeit currency has been a serious problem in Somalia over the last 2 decades....Lets see if the new Somali shilling can resist counterfeiting effectively

Abwaan   

New money is good, as long as si caqli ku jiro loo samaynayo oo aan doorashada loogu leexsaneyn!

Maybe Somalia needs to import THOUSANDS of Psychologists to help reverse the thinking of so many Somalis in our country. Some people in Somalia have a deeply twisted way of thinking, and some of these twisted people (unfortunately) have become some of our Politicians.

DoctorKenney;848630 wrote:
Maybe Somalia needs to import
THOUSANDS
of Psychologists to help reverse the thinking of so many Somalis in our country. Some people in Somalia have a deeply twisted way of thinking, and some of these twisted people (unfortunately) have become some of our Politicians.

Explain.

faarah22   

somalia needs a functioning central bank not money printing, that is why we need educated people in power, macalin dugsi can't understand modern state functions. does he have advisers?

Abwaan   

faarah22;848688 wrote:
somalia needs a functioning central bank not money printing, that is why we need educated people in power, macalin dugsi can't understand modern state functions. does he have advisers?

Yes, Gaas and Ina seed are his advisors.:D

faarah22   

I'm talking about technocrats, not political people. preferably from his clan so that he does not take it the wrong way.

Abwaan   

I told you who his advisors were. If he did well or bad it is because of them and others like them!

Abwaan   

faarah22;848758 wrote:
then he should fire gaas and ina seed ASAP. waa useless.

And who do you think should replace them? Please do ot say Oodweyne!:D

Nin-Yaaban;848643 wrote:
Explain.

Visiting Somalia, the people I've encountered were generally reasonable and friendly. However, I met MANY people in Somalia who were wild, who were violent and who were small-minded.

Many Somalis were so small-minded that they were actually willing to inflict violence on their fellow Somali SIMPLY due to his Qabiil. Many of our politicians steal GOVERNMENT MONEY and buy houses and cars for their family members, and see nothing wrong with doing this.

It's such a sad state of affairs. I know this sounds outrageous, but we definitely need to import thousands of psychologists into Somalia, to change the way people think. I can't think of any other solution

I remember when Al Shabaab (a few months ago) withdrew from parts of Central Somalia and began to move north to the mountains in Galgala, Puntland...I actually heard MANY Somalis celebrating.

Even though these Somalis despise Al Shabaab, they actually celebrated when they heard that Al Shabaab was entering Puntland. Why?

Well their logic was this: Al Shabaab has killed thousands of Somalis in the South for several years, beheading, torturing and generally making life intolerable for the population.

"So now it's time for the people in Puntland to suffer the way we've suffered. We want their sons to have their hands chopped off, because it's happened to us also. Al Shabaab has made life in South Somalia difficult, so now we want you guys to experience this living hell as well"

Extremely twisted way of thinking