Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Iraqi Kurdistan's change within 5 years and Turkey's involvement

Somalia;848362 wrote:
Yes, you are all right, Somalia will get back on it's own feet without any natural resources, get a grip.

mr. somalia, what have you done? nigga i told not to do this. Look at all these people pretending to known what's best for Somalia while the other half are dying of pure jealousy. :D

How does not wanting a nation to turn in to one hit oil wonder make one jealous? The statement you've under your location is the rationale we're arguing against.

Blackflash;848419 wrote:
How does not wanting a nation to turn in to one hit oil wonder make one jealous? The statement you've under your location is the rationale we're arguing against.

:o my location simply states the facts on the ground, in this case in the ground i.e oil, while, yours points to so many things wrong with you and your...you get the point ;)

Abwaan   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;848305 wrote:
Why are some certain qurbaha ku koray kids obsessed with shiny empty buildings. If it isn't some dusty shiny new building in their tuulo enclaves, it is this.

Horumar waxaa u aqaanaa dadka degan deegaankaas waxbarasho sare oo bilaash helaan, jaamacado saro laga dhiso, isbitaalo horumarsan oo qalabka u dambeeye yaalo. Et cetera, et cetara. Shiny, privately owned buildings habayaraatee horumar uma arki. Xataa great publically shared spaces, gardens maba arki.

I couldn't agree more with you MMA. It looks like that they never heard of the famous Somali Street xikmad in the 80s oo ahayd, dhaldhalaalka Jabbaan dheg haw u dhigin, berruu dhacayaa! :D

mahad yare;848423 wrote:
:o
my location simply states the facts on the ground, in this case in the ground i.e oil, while, yours points to so many things wrong with you and your...you get the point
;)

We'll my place of origin lies in the current State of Khaatumo (which encompasses the majority of the Nugaal basin by the way), and I reside in Toronto. I couldn't care less when it comes to the clan politics governing my enclave.

On topic, do you really want to emulate what you see in those photos? Have you considered things like water extraction and the aquifers in your region? These hydrocarbon basins and water tables extend well beyond our clan enclaves, we need to take entire regions in to consideration when exploiting these resources.

Somalia   

Mahad yare you took the wrong route, let me continue.

@Blackflash, the buildings, malls and houses illustrate the change of the region. Some of us, including mahad yare, are on other forums where we discuss the things you've said, including health, education and standard of living i.e distillation plants, road infrastructure and main industrial sectors of our regions.

What do you, MMA, and Abwaan want people to display in respect to change? Let me know.

Somalia;848457 wrote:
Mahad yare you took the wrong route, let me continue.

@
Blackflash
, the buildings, malls and houses illustrate the change of the region. Some of us, including mahad yare, are on other forums where we discuss the things you've said, including health, education and standard of living i.e distillation plants, road infrastructure and main industrial sectors of our regions.

What do you, MMA, and Abwaan want people to display in respect to
change
? Let me know.

I understand, I didn't want to come off as being holier than thou or considering myself a leader authority on infrastructure development. In-fact, I look to the future with optimism,the silver lining to the civil war is that Somalis have acquired skills and knowledge abroad that will allow them to be in a better position to exploit their resources. The profit sharing agreement that Puntland signed for their oil blocks is unprecedented in Africa and offers hope, but I still think we should look at country through conservative lenses, and not let future oil wealth lull us in to a false sense of security. One example would be Ethiopia diverting water from the Shabbelle and Juba rivers for reservoirs and hydroelectric dams (it's inevitable), let's plan for the worst and ensure our descendants even a hundred years removed never need to look outside their borders for help.

I think we should be happy for these people and not cast aspersions on their work ethic (I'm looking at you Farah22). It wasn't long ago that they were being gassed and eradicated by Saddam's terror State. I'm happy they have been lucky to find natural resources that will alleviate their poverty.

Chimera   

Blackflash;848474 wrote:
I understand, I didn't want to come off as being holier than thou or considering myself a leader authority on infrastructure development. In-fact, I look to the future with optimism,the silver lining to the civil war is that Somalis have acquired skills and knowledge abroad that will allow them to be in a better position to exploit their resources. The profit sharing agreement that Puntland signed for their oil blocks is unprecedented in Africa and offers hope, but I still think we should look at country through conservative lenses, and not let future oil wealth lull us in to a false sense of security. One example would be Ethiopia diverting water from the Shabbelle and Juba rivers for reservoirs and hydroelectric dams (it's inevitable), let's plan for the worst and ensure our descendants even a hundred years removed never need to look outside their borders for help.

Your points are valid, however, one can walk and eat at the same time. You have to understand in this pointless conflict Somalis have eroded and destroyed $50 billion worth of infrastructure, and denied themselves another $100 billion in the span of twenty years. Our neighbours have managed through loans, deals and taxes to raise and implement that sort of big time money in their transport and economic sectors, they are literally twenty years ahead of us, and in this coming decade their social-indicators will quadruple as a result.

The good thing for us is our sizable population, our business acumen and the gigantic resources that could propel us into the richest and most advanced country in Africa within a decade. If Ethiopia is going to dam those rivers, then we need to establish water-desalination plants all along that vast coastline, and for that you need lots of money, and Somalia under no circumstance should be allowed to take foreign loans when it has enough resources to buy Europe. You dismiss the Gulf countries, but they are far superior to any African country when it comes to healthcare, education and standards of living, if we can achieve that, then it's a step in the right direction. We can always reform, and shift our wealth in a more sustainable direction, but for that to happen the resources have to be drilled and mined instead of sitting in the ground benefitting absolutely nobody.

I have said it several times in the past, Somalia's true destiny in Africa is to be a Malaysia with better beaches, and beyond that if we got our act truly in order. Tell me brother if you dropped the Malaysia of today right where Somalia is located, who would be the king-pin in Africa? Just remember in the 60s and 70s Somalia had a higher standard of living than Malaysia.

Chimera;848625 wrote:
Your points are valid, however, one can walk and eat at the same time. You have to understand in this pointless conflict Somalis have eroded and destroyed $50 billion worth of infrastructure, and denied themselves another $100 billion in the span of twenty years. Our neighbours have managed through loans, deals and taxes to raise and implement that sort of big time money in their transport and economic sectors, they are literally twenty years ahead of us, and in this coming decade their social-indicators will quadruple as a result.

The good thing for us is our sizable population, our business acumen and the gigantic resources that could propel us into the richest and most advanced country in Africa within a decade. If Ethiopia is going to dam those rivers, then we need to establish water-desalination plants all along that vast coastline, and for that you need lots of money, and Somalia under no circumstance should be allowed to take foreign loans when it has enough resources to buy Europe. You dismiss the Gulf countries, but they are far superior to any African country when it comes to healthcare, education and standards of living, if we can achieve that, then it's a step in the right direction. We can always reform, and shift our wealth in a more sustainable direction, but for that to happen the resources have to be drilled and mined instead of sitting in the ground benefitting absolutely nobody.

I have said it several times in the past, Somalia's true destiny in Africa is to be a Malaysia with better beaches, and beyond that if we got our act truly in order. Tell me brother if you dropped the Malaysia of today right where Somalia is located, who would be the king-pin in Africa? Just remember in the 60s and 70s Somalia had a higher standard of living than Malaysia.

Agreed! I'm actually salivating at the impending reality of a stable Somalia, our strategically placed diaspora, extremely young population combined with large energy resources (wind, solar, Uranium, Oil) and vast coastline will propel our nation beyond any country in the world. We also have the added advantage of working our way up from scratch, we have successes and failures of other countries to emulate or discard.

faarah22   

you and somalia are the epitome of what i call the "LITTLE PUNTLANDER SYNDROME". constantly agitated and insecure, ready to insult, grandstand, and engage in bombastic tirades to overcompensate. youre an embarassement to the people of puntland. shut up, and also don't forget to change your avatar it's not yours.

Somalia;848653 wrote:
All I hear is
Atheist
. :confused:

faarah22;848673 wrote:
^ that hit home eh, LOL.

miskiin iska aamus. also go find God, tis better for you then argue over nonsensical matter. :o