Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Euro 2008 - Official calaacal

nuune   

Thanks Northerner for the award, I am sure AT&T would try to veto the award given or protest in his other topic about PAIN OF SPAIN, but he can't veto since his Romanian team are no longer available smile.gif

It should have being 3 or 4, how many chances, but Torres was exceptional, wonderful stuff by the Spaniards, great football display.

N.O.R.F   

They beat the World Champions, the fancied Russians and now the favourites. Through great play, penalties, tops scorers, Villa was top scorer.

My appetite for the great game is back! Great tournament. Best since 2000 if not better. I seem to enjoy the Euros more than the WC!

Torres' finish has been described as Dalglish like :cool:

Skipper   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Hookay, hookay. The domestic season is over and it is time for the big tourny.

I shall be the first to throw my hat into the ring and predict PORTUGAL to clinch it.

Northerner it would have been much better if you had kept your hat, i mean trowing your hat for loosers is a big setback. Well i have been saying spain will win the trophy for ages, now its a fact. I wont be suprised if they end up winning world cup in 2010 in south africa.

Fabregas   

Congralaysin to Spain.......they played their stuff even when teams went defensive against them......though i wuld have like 2 seem them against holland...Abtigis was wrong after all, the iberians did it mate!

France lost, but one has to taken into consideration exceptional circumstances; the manager was distracted by off-field events, such as a marriage proposal and reading the star signs!

Somalia for the 2010 world cup!

calcal team of the tournament

Buffon

Ramos

Russian-LB

Puyol

Croatia-CB

Senna

Modric

Iniesta

Arshavin

Sniejder

Villa

ps. all the part-time football fans won't reply to any threads in the sports section until 2010...

horta, were is BOB ninyow?

Thierry.   

Nuuno congratulation excellent prediction

Geel Jire no turks in your team of the tournament what shame I will bring out my list

Fabregas   

only European players saxiib! :D

i forgot about them........and I don't think any of the Turk players consistenly played great..stuff......some individual sparks rescued them from losing games..and half their players got injured....... perhaps I would have the Ardun or Ardan, the short bloke or maybe the center backs....lakin the Turks were pretty average in 4 games..save the last 20 minutes?

Thierry.   

Buffon

Sabri (RB) Turkey

Grosso (LB)

Pepe (CM)

Puyol (CM)

Ballack (CM)

Sneidjer (LM)

Arshavin (RM)

Senna (DM)

Torres

Villa

Manager of the Tournament the legendary Fatih Terim

Worst manager Ramon Domenech

Intel   

worthy winners, by far the best team in the competition.

Senna for Player of the Tournament, he has been a monster in the midfield and allowed all the other Spanish midfielders do their thing.

N.O.R.F   

Thierry and Brof, how can Buffon be your top keeper? What did he do? Casilas saved two!

1 - Casilas

2 - Ramos (proved to be top top class)

3 - Turkish left back

4 - Marchena

5 - Senna

6 - Xavi

7 - Villa

8 - Silva

9 - Torres

10 - Nihat

11 - Snieder

NGONGE   

^^ Sabri was as bad as Laham, saaxib. Ramos was not that good either. Arda was the best player for the Turks followed by Samih(sp?). Nihat comes a distant third.

There were many players better than Silva in that tournment but Senna and Xavi were sure the stars of Spain (Xavi more so). Snieder was not even the best Dutch player out there. That honour goes to the big black guy they had in the middle (what was his name again?). Modric was also the man.

Fabregas   

^^@Norf Weezy, partly becuz Buffon saved a penalty against the Romanians........and I didn't want to have all Spainairds as would be tempting.......look @ your team ninyow u have up to 7-8 spanish players.....

maybe casillas was better than buffon.........

lakin, nihat? the guy had one good shot and was poor in most of the matches.........

Silva never really had the final touch..in the final third....most of the time the other Spanish midfielders made him look good..i saw him get into good positions so many times ..only to shoot straight at the keeper or make an over-hit pass......still a good player though!

van der vart better in that position?

I think Eduardo icon_razz.gif would have tucked out the chanes that fell to Olic in the Turkey game....

ps. not football for some time now.........

when do the olympics start?

And were is mr Abitigis and hadal badane to explain how Spain won the cup? :D

N.O.R.F   

^A&T has done a runner. The guy is nowhere to be seen since Sat :D

I will change Snieder for Arshavin :cool:

Nihat was Turkey's Inspiration. The talisman. Also Altintop played well aswell as one there defenders who got injured.

Great tournament. Some are already saying the best Euros yet and I'm tempted to agree.

Olympics on the way IA. Time for a bit of Athletics and I hope the timing is ideal (probably not).

Wimbledon - will try to catch the final

Cricket - are England actually in NZ or is it the other way around?

Thierry.   

Buffon is the only reason that Italy managed to get to the group stages.

Turkey had a lot of warriors but for the little man in the left stood out.

I was going to put Nihat as my second stricker until i saw Torres last night

UEFA gave Xavi the title of best player :confused: I think Senna was the rock in that team

Also Zirkhov of russia played excellent he would make it to my bench