Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Euro 2008 - Official calaacal

nuune   

^^^ MC&K, I like how you edit your predictions :D

Just admit you got it wrong, all the teams you predicted are no longer there sxb, just quit it, gar laba nin kama wada qosliso, ee kaalay Spainteyda go'a dhinac ka soo qabso

Ngonge, about Spain, I would say ONLY great when they were playin against the Talyaaniga, but heey, you have to admit, they are the strongest team in the Semis now, no Germany, Turks will prevail.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Great? They were RUBBISH last night and struggled to beat a weak Italian team.

Are you serious? Italy played for penalties. Did you see how many men they put behind the ball everytime Spain attacked?

NGONGE   

^^ Yes. But Spain themselves were no better. How many open chances did they have in the game? Can you imagine them playing that way against the Germans? Italy, after all, had useless Luca Toni upfront, a man that struggled to score all tournment.

ps

That has always been the way the Italians play. The only thing that hid this fact in the past is that they used to have good forwards. They don't now.

N.O.R.F   

^^That was not how they usually play. They simply defended for their lives from the get go. Italians are usually controlling the game and actually trying to score.

Abtigiis   

ps

That has always been the way the Italians play. The only thing that hid this fact in the past is that they used to have good forwards. They don't now.

If I agree with you here 100% on this, I think you will not think I am appeasing you. Appeasing I do in the General thread where you have got many fans. I am of course assuming they don't like sports. :D:D:D

NGONGE   

^^ :D

North,

Italians always play this way, saaxib. Do you not remember the last world cup or the one before or the one before that? The only problem they had last night was that their strikers were rubbish and there was no Pirlo to add a bit of class to their game.

ps

They did try to score and had the best (and only) proper attempt on goal of the match.

Skipper   

One would say "Spain is rubbish" if one intends to fail a lie detecting test. Such comment is absurd to say the least. Spain were the team attacking and trying to find their way to the net, while the mighty italians were defending as if it depended on their lives. All the italians did was throw long balls to luca toni hoping he will fashion something out of nothing. It was a dull match to watch given the talents on show but on the night justice has prevailed. When it comes to Turkey i think you cant be lucky everytime, it has to run out at one point or another, its an accident waiting to happen and its a matter of when. The germans were indeed lucky to go past portugal given that their winning goal shouldn have been disallowed as it was a foul.

NGONGE   

Skipper,

Spain are not rubbish, Spain WERE rubbish last night. A team with all those stars should have beaten Italy by at least ten goals. What exactly did they do last night other than pass the ball around in the middle?

The Germans outplayed Portugal.

Skipper   

Skipper,

Spain are not rubbish, Spain WERE rubbish last night. A team with all those stars should have beaten Italy by at least ten goals. What exactly did they do last night other than pass the ball around in the middle?

The Germans outplayed Portugal.

If there was a rubbish team then it has to be the italians, and may i remind you sir that spain were denied a penalty when villa was fouled inside the box. You are right when you say spain should have beaten italia by ten goals or something but how can you play against a team who turned up not to play at all? They had 10 outfield players defending,itali are unplayable in short. Germany did outplayed portugal and the end result was 3-2, the third goal, should never have been allowed, germany went though thanks to a linesman blinding mistake.

Fabregas   

^^It was the same Italy that Holland thrased.

Spain's problem was a lack of decent wingers. Italy couldn't cope with the likes of Robben/Van persie and others running from midfield. But Spain are over-reliant on playing the delicate ball to Torres and Villa. That's all well and good when ya playing the likes of Russia. But teams like the Italians Germans will easily congest the midfield and prevent the ball from getting through. Which means Spain had to play a sublime ball or produce a piece of magical play go get Torres or Villa clear; something they never did. I think he should have taken the likes of Joaquin and Vicente......players who can run down the wings...when they game gets tight and congested. WHat ever happen to Reyes? They've got 4 central midfielde: Silva, Xavi, Iniesta, Senna, who pretty much do the same thing(pass the ball around).

Don't really fancy Spain if they meet Ze Germans!

Skipper   

Spain play the same style of football as ac milan geeljiree. Spain do keep a lions share of ball possesion and that means as long as you have the ball the less the chance is of your oppononents hurting you.

^NG is right, spain were bad last night, the worst 120 min of football tournament game I have ever watched, what a boring game that was... both teams employed boring tactics of not conceading a goal.

Spain will have to come up with some magic to stop the Russians (no longer under-dogs).