Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Euro 2008 - Official calaacal

Baluug   

Ibti, I'm not hopeless, I'm hopeful. :D

OK, so the semifinals are Germany vs. Turkey, and Russia vs. Spain. I'll take a guess and predict a Spain vs. Turkey final with Turkey taking it 1-0.

Norf, I'm sure Mr. Roma is a tad disappointed right now.

Cara.   

Is it the heat of the moment, or is the Spanish goalie absolutely beautiful?

Looks like the perfect aversion therapy for Spain: force them duke it out in penalty kicks to break the jinx.

Miriam1   

Interesting game, didn't favour one team over the other, but the Spaniards certainly tried their best in the first half and finally got it.

Ibtisam, there is no clean slate, just heard the post game commentary for the game between Turkey and Germany, all those players with yellow cards from the last game wont be there...so they will be without Arda and I think Nihat as well...they will only have 11 or 12 players...pretty shocking if they win against the Germans.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Edit

Paragon, I think you have been influenced by Mr Roma of Ilfordo.

Lol. Certainly. He's a footie therapist smile.gif .

Ibtisam   

Hayam, I hope that is not the case. I will research some more. I'm almost 100% sure :D

Paragon. Loser :D

Cara, he is, but WOmen, would you watch the game!

NGONGE   

For football reasons alone, the Russians should win this competition. For reliance and never-say-die attitude, the Turks should win it. But if we introduce the argument that form is temporary and class permanent, the Germans should win it. Spain have no encouraging reason to win (from a neutral point of view) other than, erm, having a good looking keeper! :D

Of course, it is a shame that half the Turkish team will be missing in that semi final and that the Russians have a very weak defence (at least they're playing Spain not Germany).

ps

Was the broken clock correct again? Maybe the damn thing is not broken after all. :(

Skipper   

Where are the folks who have been saying spain will be beaten by italians? Torres will lift the trophy, he is by far the most talented player on show period.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Skipper:

Where are the folks who have been saying spain will be beaten by italians? Torres will lift the trophy, he is by far the most talented player on show period.

skipper Torres is over-rated the guys has no skills @ all

The best player so far i think is the Russian No' 10

Oz   

Haven't watched the last two matches due to the time difference, The game comes on @ 2 am in the morning.

I hate working when footy is on a weekday!

Abtigiis   

Spain never rises to big occassions. That point was more evident last night. Anyway this is how I see the probabilities of the remaining teams in terms of winning the cup.

Probability (from most to least)

1. Germany

2. Spain

3. Russia

4. Turkey

My preference (first preferred most)

1. Turkey

2. Russia

3. Spain

4. Germany

Funny the two orderings are in opposite directions.