Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Euro 2008 - Official calaacal

Faheema.   

^ by far the best game so far and I have to admit Portugal played a good game, poor defending in those croses but their resilience just wasn't enough.

Never write them off smile.gif

Abtigiis   

Newbies to Football who are enamoured by the slick passing entertainers from Iberia will learn another hard lesson when the Azzuri humilate the Armada (Spain) in the upcoming game. I learned not to believe the flair and hype of teams great in personality but poor in efficiency.

Portugal and Spain will never win a cup as long as they fail to diversify their play which is foolishly predictable. few diagonal passes in the midfield and run to the defence. I knew Geramny will mark Ronaldo and pack the midfield and will catch the lazy Portugese defence with the long balls. That is the medicine for teams who like to build up the ball from behind.

I once trusted the great Portugese team (by far better than the current one) of Figo, Sa Pinto, Rui Costa, Joao Pinto, Costinha and many more. And ended up crying. With Spain, I followed from the days of Jose Maria Bakero, Michel and the 'Vulture' Emelio buttegeno. But it is always the same. They are not good enough! They lack the self-belief in big matches.

Croatia is the favourite in the coming game, but I have the feeling Turkey will do something. It won't be easy for Slaven Bilic's men against the fighting Turks!

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

^^^ Portugal will be beaten by the mighty Germany. Germany knows how to stop passing teams. Turkey and Germany will go to the semi's.

....If Italy squeezes through, though unlikely, Spain are gone for good. 100%, I am confident Italy can beat Spain. Holland will cruise past Sweden/Russia. ....

If they don't meet in the semi's, Holland will play Germany in the finals. German's in the final are too tough to beat. But I tip Holland to win this time.

This was a week or so ago! So much for NGONGE's teasing me!

N.O.R.F   

Looks like Spain or the Dutch will have to save the beautiful game. Germany played well. They played well because Swienstiger played and Gomez didn't. They won because of poor defending and woeful finishing by the Ronaldo and Co.

Germany were still in my Semi final four I predicted BEFORE the tourny started and not after a few games like A&T.

We shall see

Abtigiis   

^Are you covering up for your woeful plunders of late. On the offensive, huh, it is a strategy I use and like!

Anyway, If I had any say in this forum's adim issues, I would have removed you from modertaing the Sports section immediately. It just isn't fair to keep you there! I will have move you to the General section where you excel!

nuune   

^^ AT&T, sxb inaad isku hadashaba ma ahan adiga, kooxdaadi Romania into the Balkans ayaa loo direy markaas ayaad isku hadlaysaa, and the mighty Spain is rocking, you will see sidaan u gali doono nimanka qubka mooska cuno, waa Talyaanige, bal u soo fiirso.

Abtigiis   

Romanina were never tipped to win the cup. I thought they would qualify from the the difficult gropu they were in. And they nearly did. I think you admit they were close. But you thought they will be beaten in all matches. They fell short by just one penalty!

Spain are even less of a threat than their neighbours. They will go!

Skipper   

I am sure we have all been wondering how a fantastic team like france could falter so easly on the biggest stage of european football without even showing any fight or determination. But how that happened (i mean the riddle to that answer) has been explained by the one and the only Domenech(france coach)

Here is what he wrote:

French coach Raymond Domenech knows exactly why his side failed so miserably at Euro 2008. It was the team's hotel. "The layout of the hotel was all wrong," he said. "It was in a kind of cul-de-sac with only one route in and out. Plus, there were no proper directives from the Swiss about gatherings of people watching us eat." (Daily Express)

A riddle has been solved finally.

^^lol, talking about conspiracy..

Portugal game, i thought late sub Nane made huge impact in the game, they waited too long for him to get him in the game..Good game thou, it was fun to watch, Ballack got away with a gentle push on his goal..