Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

Darawiish History

Good luck aadan, I really could care less which qabiil was top leaders or not, who the backbone of that movement was us common knowledge, just don't see the point. Furthermore the darwiish fought and died for Somalinimo, know that u advocate for the opposite, what good is it to u which qabiil lead if ur fighting against the principles for which they stood for?

Naxar,

Thats more like it accpet the facts and wash your head of Ismaaciil Mire and the rest of the fantasy you folks keep parading in all of your websites, you were nothing but foot soliders.

The Devrish were not fighting for anything they were just Al-Shabaab of early 1900 thats all. In fact Al-Shabaab have done more fighting and less evil then the soo called Dervish.

A_Khadar   

You must seek help walahi aad baad u xanuunsantahay! Maanta dhan ma intaas baad noo xiijinaysay.. Okey your clan were the top men of Darawish.. Are you happy now.. Darm, you're reminding me Hure Walanwal and his play..

Naxar,

I hate to purst your bubble but for the case of your clan you were liberated from the Dervish and that was the happiest days of your clan, Feburary 4th 1920. At the least the British were feeding your starving refugees in Berbera , armed you in 1910 to defend your territories from the raven Dervish and 99% of your clan were pro-British throughout the Dervish years. those are facts. And i can quote the parliamentary debates of 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914 where the house of lords debated the plight of the poor Khaatumo clan who were dubbed "the ismaaclia of the somal"

Facts:

April 06 1910 arming the "freindlies" parliamentary debate the House of Lords.

LORD LOVAT

That policy seems to be a policy which met with success, and it involved no great expenditure of money or loss of life or of cattle to the inhabitants concerned. The point I want to get at is the attitude of the noble Earl towards these raided tribes themselves. He says there have been no appeals that we should remain. In 1885 we withdrew our garrison from a place not more than 150 or 200 miles from Hargeisa. I do not think there were any great shouts for those troops to remain, but within a few years of our withdrawal this district was twice invaded and no fewer than between ten and twelve thousand people were massacred. These Somalis are fully aware of what happened then, and that there is every chance that they will meet with the same fate at the hands of the very people who raided this district over twenty years ago. Under our protection these tribes have changed from a pastoral people to tillers of the soil. The result is that they have lost their habit of being fighting men, and in that respect are only a third of the value of the remaining Somalis who carry arms. They have built themselves houses and prospered under our œgis, and they will regard our taking away the troops as a gross betrayal. I know from personal experience that it is extremely difficult to teach any of the Somalis how to shoot, and the distribution of rifles among them is simply, as Lord Curzon pointed out, giving those guns away to be picked up by the Mullah on any day he may choose. Already 8,000 camels have gone from the one side, and the Dolbahanta have suffered the loss of 800 men.

§THE EARL OF CREWE

Where does the noble Lord get his information about the 8,000 camels?

LORD LOVAT

I believe that is the number; and if the noble Earl will inquire he will find that the statement is correct.

§THE EARL OF CREWE

The noble Earl is aware that figures which come from Somaliland have to be taken with considerable caution?

LORD LOVAT

I am quite aware of that. Then as regards our prestige, matters are not so satisfactory in the centre of Africa to-day that we can suffer this loss of prestige through the abandonment of friendly tribes. I do not know that we can say that in certain portions of the Soudan the condition is absolutely satisfactory. I do not suppose the fact of our withdrawing the whole of our garrison from Somaliland will cause these people to think that England is stronger to-day. Then how are we going to reconcile our attitude in Somaliland with the continual outcry we make over the question of the Congo? To my mind it is nearly a parallel case. I am sorry that we are not to have any information as to Captain Cordeaux's views on the situation to-day. Judging from what appears on page 42 of the Blue-book he favoured the intermediate policy, and as far as one can make out that policy has met with considerable success.

§THE EARL OF CREWE

I do not want to make any mystery about Captain Cordeaux's views as far as I know them. I think I am representing them correctly when I say that he believed it would have been possible at one time to take a regular expedition against the Mullah without going to the enormous cost which others, and which I am bound to say we at home, conceive would be involved, and he desired, as the noble Lord sees from the Blue-book, that an intermediate policy should be carried out in the hope of the Mullah's power breaking down in the interval, of which there were signs of its doing. Although I have no right to speak as to Captain Cordeaux's opinion at this moment, I have no reason to suppose that he believes that the course we are taking is not practically the only course possible to us in the circumstances in the absence of a really active and forward policy. .

§THE EARL OF CREWE

The word I used was "forward" policy—a less offensive word, I think.

§LORD LAMINGTON

But that is a very different thing from retiring from a position which you have already gained and in connection with which you have entered into treaty arrangements with other people, especially when your withdrawal places those people in a position of great disadvantage.

§THE EARL OF CREWE

May I ask a question? The noble Marquess mentions the retention of some Indian troops at Bohotleh. That was not intended to be a permanent arrangement?

§THE MARQUESS OF LANSDOWNE

No.

§THE EARL OF CREWE

Except for that I confess the noble Marquess has, if I may say so, given a description more or less of what we are doing at this moment.

Then am I to understand that the principal caravan routes are to be kept open, and that a British officer is to have charge of the Protectorate and to arm and organise the tribes so as to render them able to protect themselves?

§THE EARL OF CREWE

That is what we hope has been done—that the tribes are now in a condition to defend themselves against outside attack.

The operation must have been a wonderfully rapid one.

§THE EARL OF CREWE

A great many of the tribes have been armed. Ever since the date of which the noble Marquess is speaking there has been a distinct tribal Militia. I cannot say it has been entirely successful, but so far as the arming of tribes is concerned that has gone on—I do not say on a very large scale—ever since.

The noble Earl may take it that the policy of 1904 was based on the assumption that although we could not give complete protection to the tribes—because there never could have been any intention of following every herd of cattle that goes to drink at a watering place to see that somebody does not raid it—we did not contemplate a retirement from the 592 obligations imposed upon us by the treaties of 1885.

§THE EARL OF CREWE

I do understand that at that time it was contemplated that there should be no troops of any kind at the coast, that the tribes should be encouraged to defend themselves, and that the keeping open of the caravan routes was not to be carried out by troops in the service of His Majesty but by the tribes themselves.

The best way in which I can put it is this. I remember distinctly that we had before us then the policy of what is now called coastal concentration, and after considering it we deliberately put it on one side. Of that I have no doubt whatever. We did so in great measure because we believed that the effects of such a policy upon our position in Abyssinia and in the Soudan would be most unfortunate. I remember, indeed, that we consulted Lord Cromer on the subject—I regret that the noble Lord is not in his place—and that he expressed an opinion adverse to the policy of retirement.

Then I turn to the policy of His Majesty's Government. I am not at all sure that I ought to use the word policy in the singular, because, as far as I understand these Papers, the Government have had two policies before them and that within a recent time. The policy which we find described in the Blue-book, page 62, is a policy for the gradual and cautious reduction of the military force, and there is that most remarkable passage—I am not sure whether my noble friend quoted it—in which the Colonial Office informed General Manning that— the evacuation is not to be carried out unless and until the friendly tribes can reasonably be said to be in a position to hold their own against the Mullah. It was quoted a few days ago by the representative of the Colonial Office in the other House of Parliament. Is that the present policy of His Majesty's Government?

§THE EARL OF CREWE

Undoubtedly.

Does the noble Earl maintain that at this moment, when we are receiving accounts of bodies of friendly tribesmen being cut up, these tribes can reasonably be said to be in a position to hold their own?

§THE EARL OF CREWE

I did not wish to waste time, but perhaps I had better read the telegrams. In a telegram, dated March 18, and received in the Colonial Office on the 20th of that month, Sir W. Manning stated that he had received information that the Mijjertein Isa and Mahmoud on March 7 raided the Mullah's live stock, capturing 1,000 camels near Halin, killing many dervishes, and capturing twenty-three rifles. That was a success. Then comes the failure of which the noble Lord spoke. In a further telegram dated March 29, Sir W. Manning stated that he had on that day received information of an attack by the dervishes on a party of the Yahelli combination of Hadega, that the friendlies were surprised by a large force, and that there were many killed on both sides. He stated further that the friendlies had retired to Eil Dab, and that among the killed were two chiefs. That is not quite the same thing as the sort of massacre which was described in the newspapers.

LANDER   

xiinfaniin;846084 wrote:
Lander , interesting that you are student of Aadan's history lessons
:D

:D I see is a young man who's reduced older men into infantile rhetoric and gay jokes.

lies : The Kacaan version Cabdisalaam Salwo , Siciid Samatar in their Essay

The Daraawiish Resistence

Following the failure of the Sir Wingate's peace initiative, in November 1909, the British authorities were forced to select the least costly policy short of complete abandonment of British Somaliland,[67] that of confining themselves to three coastal towns on the Red Sea: Berbera, Zeila and Bulhar.[68] To protect their subjects from the Daraawiish threat as they moved to the coastal area, they distributed firearms only to their "friendliest" dependants, the ***** clans,[69] thus leaving other clans who lived in the vulnerable area, such as the *********** clan, who had no treaty with the British.[70] The purpose of distributing arms was to persuade the ***** clans to organize themselves behind a leadership capable of counteracting the Daraawiish.[71] However, that policy incited a new wave of feuds and closing of accounts between various lineages and clans, and the interior lapsed into a bad situation. Soon the situation deteriorated due to a drought that affected a large proportion of the population. That period is known as "xaraama cuna" (the time of eating filth).[72]

Notice how arming the somali clans in 1910 during the withdrewal to the coast, the Kacaan version only claimes the SNM clan was armed and not Khaatumo nor Puntland clan, despite the parliamentary evidence.

Wadani   

So aadan brings facts from books, the same books ur uncles relied on to write their distorted history mind u, and somehow he's a sick clannist who's quoting unreliable sources? Somehow he's the revisionist, even though hes quoting verbatim? Y weren't these books unreliable or 'gaalo books' when Aw Jaamac and the others utilized them? I just don't follow that logic. Wallahi if my clan had changed history to magnify their exploits and belittle those of others, i'd be the first to stand up against it. All of u arguing with Aadan have proven that ur delusional and selfish, who have no sense of justice, and ur calls for Soomaalinimo and Soomaaliwayn r nuthing but empty slogans.

Fact: The top 5 leaders of newly founded Dervish Movemen(August 1899)t according to the colonial goverment:

1- Mullah offering to surrender, in his case and that of the Following:

2-Ahmed Warsame (known as Haji Sudi)

3-Deria Araale (Diiriye Caraale)

4-Deria Gure (Diiriye Guure) Only an unconditional surrender should be accepted, no

gurantee of any kind as to future treatment being given.

5- Sultan Nuur (Suldaan Nuur Axmed Amaan) the late sultan of the Habar Yunis, may be

guaranteed his life.

J. Hayes-Sadler, His Britannic Majesty's Consul-General, Somali Coast Protectorate. Aden April 30th, 1901

4/5 are all members of the modern SNM clan as Afweyne Loyalist named us in this forum of theis.

Fabrication : Aw Jaamac Cumar Ciise implying that the Mullah began his struggle just to save the a converted childern of the so called SNM clan.

On his way to his maternal home, he passed near Daymoole, a few kilometres from Berbera, where there was a French catholic mission established in 1891. The mission, with two fathers, one brother and 69 boys in an orphanage looked after destitute children. He asked a little boy, "What is your name?". The boy replied, "John Cabdullaahi." Then the Sayid asked, "What clan you are?". The boy answered to Sayid Maxamed, "I belong to the clan of the father." This convinced Sayid Maxamed that the colonialists were christianising their children. That event remained in the memory of the young Maxamed Cabdulle Xasan and led him to focus his campaign against the idea of Christian colonization and against the Qadiriya's ineptitude and their tolerance of the colonial rulers. Aw Jaamac Cumar Ciise.

Fact: One of the books that Aw Jaamac Cumar Ciise used to write his myth conteradicts his fiction, namely "Thaair Min Al Soomaal by Cabdisabuur Marzuuq 1964 Cairo" That same book be-lies his fictious clanist claim. I will quote the page from the same book-online

http://www.nooonbooks.com/ar/books/read/7407/20

In page 20 Cabisabuur Marzuuq states that the people of Berbera alone destroyed the Daymuule mission and that the Mullah was not at all invloved in the incident nor has he ever set foot on that town.

Aw Jaamac even abused his own sources.

Liibaan   

Xaabsade Ayaa Markii Ugu Horreeysay Farta Ku Fiiqay Waxyaabaha Ay Beelaha Gobolada Sool Sanaag iyo Cayn Ku Diiddan Yihiin Inay Ka Mid Noqdaan Maamulka Somaliland, Sida Taariikhdii Iyo Halgankii Barakeesnaa eeDaraawiishta oo aan Laga Xusin Somaliland

" Daraawiishta haddii aan lagu darin manhajka Wax La Wadaagi Maayo. Waa In Daraawiishtii Lagu Soo Daraa. Waa In Lagu Soo Daraa Raggii Gaalladda Inaga Celiyay ee Diinta u Dagaalamay"

Hargeysa(RBC):-Wasiirkii hor ee Wasaaradda Warfaafinta iyo Wecyigelinta Somaliland Axmed Cabdi Xaasbsade, oo hadda ah Wasiirka hawlaha guud, guryeynta iyo gaadiidka Somaliland, Ayaa Markii Ugu Horreeysay Farta Ku Fiiqay Waxyaabaha Ay Beelaha Gobolada Sool Sanaag iyo Cayn Ku Diiddan Yihiin Inay Ka Mid Noqdaan Maamulka Somaliland.

Axmed Cabdi Xaabsade oo ka mid ahaa Masuuliyiin Madaxweynaha Somaliland isku-shaandhayn ku sameeyey Arbacadii hore, waxa uu ku baaqay dadka aan Ururkii SNM ku abtirsan ee ka soo jeeda qaar ka tirsan Beelaha hadda Somalialnd wada dega lagu daro manhanka waxbarashada Somaliland.

Axmed Cabdi Xaabsade oo maanta hadal ka jeediyey Xaflad uu xilka kaga tirsaday Wasiirka cusub ee Warfaafinta Cabdi Yuusuf Ducaale (Boobe) oo lagu qabtay xarunta Wasaaradda, Ayaa Ka Hadlay Arrimo Badan oo Ay ka Mid Yihiin Sida Beesha uu Ka Soo Jeedaa Aanay Uga Dhex Muuqan Dawladda Somaliland.

“Waxaan taabanayaa waxa halkan lagaga hadlayay SNM iyo dadkii soo shaqeeyay. Manhajkeena waxbarashadda ayaa lagu daray SNM, wiilashii aan SNM ahayn ee aan ku abtirsan ee iyaba mujaahidiin lahaa haddii aan lagu darin manhajka Wax La Wadaagi Maayo. Waa In Daraawiishtii Lagu Soo Daraa. Waa In Lagu Soo Daraa Raggii Gaalladda Inaga Celiyay ee Diinta u Dagaalamay ee labaatankii aynu soo dagaalanay in leeg dagaalamay ha lagu darro manhajka oo wasaaradda waxbarashadda ha loo sheego. Wasiirka warfaafintuna ha sii fidiyo.” Sidaa ayuu yidhi Wasiirkii hore ee Warfaafinta Somaliland Md. Xaabsade.

Axmed Xaabsade wuxuu sheegay in Beeshiisii Ay Siyaasad ahaan Diiddan Yihiin Somaliland isagoo arrintaasi ka hadlayana wuxuu yidhi; “Reer Tolkay way Innaga Maqan Yihiin oo Way Inna Diiddan Yihiin. Siyaasad ahaan Ayay Innoo Diiddan Yihiin Si Kale Innooma Diiddana. Hadh galayna halkan (Hargeysa) ayay ka tageen waxa lagu yidhi orda oo iska taga. Dadkii markaa arrintaasi go’aamiyay maanta cidi kama joogto. Laakiin waxa xukunkii haya raggii diidanaa arrintaasi.”

“Waxaan leeyahay sidii dadkaasi lagu soo celin lahaa iyo wixii lagu muunayn lahaa hala baadi doono oo dawladdu ha doonto oo ha u fadhiisato oo dagaal sokeeye ninna waxba tari maayee la wada hadlo. Waxaan Tolkay u sheegayaa inaanay beeli waxba tarayn.”ayuu yidhi Md. Xaabsade.

RBC Radio

Xafiiska wararka ee Hargeysa.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2XRb8UF083wdh7jfHSS7

Xaabsade "Beeshii Aan Ka Imid Ahay Way Idinka Maqantahay.. Anigaa Idinkala Jooga" (Maqal)-

London,(Lasanod Online)- Wasiirka Warfaafinta maamulka Hargeysa, Axmed Cabdi Xaabsade oo Khudbad ka jeediyey xaflad ka dhacday London.

oo ay qabsadeen Jaaliyadda Somaliland, ayuu markii ugu horeysay si runi ku jirto kaga hadlay..

Axmed Xaabsade ayaa xafladaas ka qiray in beeshiisu ka maqantahay maamulka Hargeysa, Sidii losoo celin lahaana laga taliyo.

Su'aashu waxay tahay Xaabsade ma haduu ogaaday inuu keli ku yahay Hargeysa.

Xaabsade oo Qiray In Shacabka Khaatumo/ SSC Diidanyihiin Maamulka Somaliland

http://radioxogwaran.com/

Source: Xogwaran

Liibaan   

Aadan Jugle;845482 wrote:

Somaliland's boundries would not change because Maakhiris and the horse clan of Laas Caanood love to be joined to Xamar, if you want Xamar you go to Xamar, Xamar will not come and cross somaliland border and give you a big union wet moochie.

Reer Banaadir;845594 wrote:
What arrogant, rude, hateful, fascist, ignorant comment. To say people should vacate and uproot themselves because you believe a non Somalis, non Africans non Muslims once over 100 yrs ago came to the norther shores made illegal encroachment, never honored one treaty they signed with the natives and you want the people respect that treaty and abide by because you feel someone committed crime against your family (mind you that that criminal was committed against all Somalis in that country, not that you would care). HHMM . What would you say if someone says since you don't like to be part of Somalia (mind you the union was done by Somalis Africans and Muslims wish is more legit) you and your kind should leave all Somali territory what would your reaction be? Mr. jungle like your nick name people don't live in the jungle they settle their argument without resorting to ethnic cleansing of those oppose to them. There's an international law against that don't end up of the receiving end of that law. Remember that those that you think are your friend will not hesitate to send you to Guantanamo bay once your need expires, and like I said Wax badso intaad is leedahay, wax la'aani yeysan kugu dhicin. No one would leave their land for you without a fight and when pullets start flying you have no idea who will get chased. Live in peace and let others live in peace or don't cry later if you choose a war.

Reer Banaadir;844881 wrote:
Somalis have the tendency to point finger at others while they totaly and shamelessly disregard their shortcomings, lie inorder to further the interest of few to the detrimental safety of all. I believe no one should be forced to join a counrty or sociaty he or she does not wish to be part of. It's time for all somalis to be honest to one another ( I doubt that will ever happen) or accept the consequences. Once and for all stop this pointless argument over who is first the chicken or the egg issue. Britian left Somalis in disarray, treat them like animals and left them half dead for what's left of Somalia, and they inturn treated each other worse, and here they all claim to have played no part of all the problems that occured the last 52 years and are still doing it. I have come to realized Somalis became cowards, faithless and godless. If You can not coexist leave eachother alone in peace because like it says ( Wax badso intaad is leedahay yeysan waxla'aani kugu dhicin). While you all seek clan hegemony don't loose what you already have. Say alhamdulillahi if you believe in ASWT and protect your two mile square forget about what you think you inhereted from a foriegner AKA UK or keep it up and when you burn don't plame anyone else but your self. My Vavorate quete "get busy living or get busy dying". Peace

Aadan Jugle;839444 wrote:
Every time i see that coat-of-arms I chuckle for some reason,
Its 1920 Feburary 4th when that particaular clan was liberated from the scorge of the Devrish,
how befitting the picture that was taken that day when the Tribal Forces led by Xaaji Muuse Faarax Igre
stormed the hid-out of the camel pirates and liberated the modern Khaatumo folks, .

How many of these kids know that image?? non , its indeed funny celebrating an image they tought to hate and even make it a coat-of-arms for their imaginary state lool it should be in the exam

Aadan Jugle;839465 wrote:

Tell me what does that coat-of-arms celebrates?? your liberation or not?? its 1920 Feburary 4th the day the fort was taken and all of the images of people and horses and camles in that image are the Tribal Forces led by Xaaji Muuse Faarax Igre , so who you are remembering with that image??

And finally do you folks teach your kids that golorious day of your liberations from the yalk of Dervishism.

Aadan Jugle;839476 wrote:
makes your people look dimwitted and pathatic.

Waxaan kula talin lahaa jooji cayda iyo afxumada. Anuu reerkaaga waxba kama sheegayo waa dad soomaaliyeed.

Aadan Jugle;839476 wrote:

Iam glad you folks at last are clebearting the real history of your liberation day..Feburaray 4th 1920.

In every book written by the British your clan was loyal to the union jack, only in 1974 the myth of anti-gaalo was created thanks to Aw Jaamac Cumar Ciise and Afweyne.

Yes, what happened then is well recorded, for more than 20 long years KHaatumo/Daraawiish mujaahidiin freedom fighters were fighting for freedom. British colonialists used aerial bombardment to occupy KHaatumoland. In Feb 04, 1920 the occupation day, Unfortunately, Taleex and other KHaatumo towns suffered the first aerial bombardment in Africa's history. Daraawiish movement become a source of pride and freedom for KHaatumo People and Somali People.

Aadan Jugle;846118 wrote:
Naxar,

I hate to purst your bubble but for the case of
your clan you were liberated from the Dervish and that was the happiest days of your clan, Feburary 4th 1920. At the least the British were feeding your starving refugees in Berbera , armed you in 1910 to defend your territories from the raven Dervish and 99% of your clan were pro-British throughout the Dervish years. those are facts.
And i can quote the parliamentary debates of 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914 where the house of lords debated
the plight of the poor Khaatumo clan who were dubbed "the ismaaclia of the somal"

Marka hore, waxaan kula talin lahaa jooji cayda iyo afxumada. Anuu reerkaaga waxba kama sheegayo waayo waa dad soomaaliyeed.

Khaatumo People and Somali people celebrate the independence days, when our country Somalia gained freedom July 01 & June 26.

No honorable human being celebrates the occupation day [FEB 04], and no country in Africa, Asia and South America celebrates the day when European colonialists invaded their country. KHaatumo Region was under British Colonial occupation between Feb 04, 1920 and June 26, 1960.

Thanks to Daraawiish Mujaahidiin /freedom fighters, for more than 20+ years they were defending their ancestral land from European colonialists. It was not easy for European colonialists to inavade and occupy KHaatumoland and all Somalia.

Liibaan   

A_Khadar;846116 wrote:
You must seek help walahi aad baad u xanuunsantahay!.

I agree Aadan Jugle needs to seek help, he has so much hate for his follow reer Woqooyi Somalis (KHaatumo).

Waa in dhicaca Allah loo noqdaa, Allah laga baqaa, oo la duceestaa. Labada Shacab ee Somaliland Iyo KHaatumo dagaal iyo dhib badan baa u dhaxeesa, Allah haa ka dulqaado oo ha hishiisiiyo.

Shacabka Waqooyi Galbeed ama Somaliland, hadii ee rabaan inay Somalia ka go'aan oo dowlad gaara sameestaan, waa in lagu taageeraa waxey rabaan. Sidoo kale shacabka KHaatumo Iyo Maakhir hadii ee rabaan inay ka mid noqdaan Somalia, waa in lagu taageeraa waxa ee rabaan.

Liibaan,

You dare not rebuttle what i have stated so far, so instead you inject somaliland politics into this. This has nothing to do with somaliland politics, in Somaliland the majority clans which are at least 89% chose to go back to their June 26 status. Now you and i know you hate us even when we were in the same somali republic, this has not began now. So don't hide behind this sudden amore for somalinimo.

Eastern Sool and Eastern Sanaag are part and parcel of somaliland if you are civilized enough we will make a refrendum , if you refuse refrendum and chose war i will make sure you will cry for the rest of your life for ever.