Sign in to follow this  
AsadSL

Reer Ceerigaabo preparing for Shirkii Daalo in Beautiful green Daalo mountain

Oodweyne the conference in daalo is harmless now its more about development the port in mait the gaashaamo incident who to support in the next elections and local elections some say this is the first time the clan came together in so many years. But you are right the timing is not perfect when there is all sort of talks with Somalia and what not i agree. Even though the conference organizers said every one is welcome we want to invite the President of Somaliland or Vice President or any one in Somaliland is welcome to attend the conference, they say its a conference to strengthen the unity of Somaliland and that of the Somalilanders.

Somalia   

Very good work. We as citizens of this region must call out "president" of Somaliland's aggressions against his own citizens. The day has come, the day where we won't be silent!

Good post, AsadSL.

AsadSL   

oodweyne,

Did you think Somalis were going to change thier nomadic ways for politics? I don't think so this is what our great great granfathers did and having clan meeting is nothing new. Not everything has to be adapted from western culture.

AsadSL   

Somalia;845224 wrote:
Very good work. We as citizens of this region must call out "president" of Somaliland's aggressions against his own citizens. The day has come, the day where we won't be silent!

Good post, AsadSL.

Thank you.

Oodweyne;845217 wrote:
the last thing you need is to start washing your dirty-linen in public.

War Oodweyne, I think you have either spent too much time in the West or simply believe your folks are immune to certain Somali traits. Somalis wash dirty-linen in the open regardless.

Waan idin salaama Libaaxyada, particulary Oodweyne. :)

I can just imagine the amount of camels and goats that will be slaughtered. Unlike my friend Oodwayne, I welcome this 20 day grand conference.

Kuwani waa kuwii UDUB oo dudday, its not about any clan interest, its all about helping Dr Gaboose defeat Ciro and eastern little trick to skew the poltical balance towards Gaboose.same old 4-jeeble's the same old goats Riyaale used to stay in power.

LANDER   

Oodweyne;845227 wrote:
XX

I see your point. But, my take of this is that now is not the right time to get involve a clannish navel-gazing when you are fighting the very concept in which you have fought for so long in so many ways. Hence, lets do this sort of thing, when we are out in the plain sailing of a smooth sea. Instead of getting involve all sort of clannish discussion when we are trying to present a
"united national front"
to the international community (IC) and we are saying we are a state that has resolved it's internal division.

Because I assure you our enemies will be all over this. Particularly if some sort of a communique that could be read as a critical to the current government may result from it. And, our enemies will say to the IC: See the place is one powder-keg waiting for a match to lighted it. Hence, it's best not to feed your enemies with your own short-comings.

Lets hope there will be no cigarette paper of a difference between what the clan will agreed to it and what Somaliland in it's larger sense wants from the end of this conference. For, that way, our enemies will choke on their dissapointment.

I couldn't agree more with Oodweyne very short sighted on the part of those who decided to bring this 'grand conference' together. Even if you are to have a tribal elder meeting there is no need for this sort of public call to 'tolka'. Our society has moved beyond this and these types of events are only bringing us backwards. We have our republic, we have our parties and we have our judicial system. Innocent meeting or not it plays into the hands of those who want to see every tribe in the north 'rule themselves' and sends the wrong message to other tribal elders and leaders.