Sign in to follow this  
Oz

AvramGrant is FIRED!!!

Oz   

Well, The 52-year-old Israeli (Avram Grant) found it hard to come to terms with being thrust into the spotlight and although he guided Chelsea into their first Champions League final, the penalty shoot-out defeat in Moscow last Wednesday paved the way for his departure.

After two days of meetings, Chelsea confirmed their decision in a statement.

It read: 'Chelsea can confirm that Avram Grant has had his contract as manager terminated today.

'Almost is nothing' says Mourinho

Jose Mourinho has described Chelsea's season as 'really bad' and insists the London club's campaign could only be described as great by someone with 'the philosophy of a loser'.

The former Chelsea boss was speaking before his successor Avram Grant was sacked, but was critical of the 52-year-old Israeli's short stint in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho, when asked if the season had been a good one as depicted by Grant, told The Observer: 'That depends on your philosophy of leadership.

'In my philosophy it was a very bad one because in football 'almost' means defeat and Chelsea almost won the Carling Cup, almost won the Champions League and almost won the Premier League. Almost is nothing.

'After two titles per season for the last three years there were zero titles this season, which in my philosophy means a really bad season. Maybe in the philosophy of a loser this was a great season, which I respect.'

Mourinho admitted to being 'very sad' at Chelsea's defeat in Moscow to Manchester United, adding that the supporters, the board and many of the players 'deserve more'.

However, he sounded a note of optimism, adding: 'I believe that after an empty season new success will come to Chelsea. And I will always be a Chelsea supporter.'

Lol... I felt that jose comments were agreeable to certain extent yet harsh..and loughed for the sake of his poundering at Grant.

Soma Inc whats your take on this sxb !

WingA   

you guys are finished.. chelsea don't stand a chance next season.. your starting from the bottom again..

Oz   

Originally posted by Winger:

you guys are finished.. chelsea don't stand a chance next season.. your starting from the bottom again..

What do you mean Chelsea are finished winger, you are off the topic man Lol.

woohoo.gif

SoMa_InC   

^^Dont mind Winger, he'll eat his words next season.

Oz, Jose is still pissed with the so-called mutual agreement he had with Chelsea and I think his opinions on Avram Grant are fully justified.

In my opinion, any other premier league manager, including the relegated managers, would have won the champions league easily had they managed Chelsea FC. Avram Grant is good-for-nothing manager. He has won nothing and says Chelsea has achieved a lot.....I get annoyed when he says this kind of stuff but then again I blame Roman Abro.

Bring on Hiddink, I think he is exceptional talent.

Seems like there will be a summer overhaul at Chelsea. Drogba, SWP, Baleti, and many others will be leaving. Whats your take on this? Who do you want to manage Chelsea next season? Who would you like Chelsea to sign next season?

Peace

WingA   

^^i was just messing about mate, i hope you didnt take it the wrong way..

i waited a long time for my team to challenge for honours and now its becoming consistant and thankfully we are out of that transitional phase..

it all went wrong when you sacked jose during the season and i think that kinda screwed up your season to a certain degree. i think you have the chance to get a new manager before/after the euros and have a good pre-season and you'll be alright..

plus, you got loads of money.. chelsea have nothin to worry about..

Oz   

^^^Didn't take it the wrong way sxb!

Soma Inc the idea of overhauling the team is a great idea especialy when I heard Grant was sucked, as you mentioned drogie and those oldies should be released asap.

Hiddink is unlikely to come to Chelsea but Mancini resigned coaching Inter milan and is more likely to come at this stage.

However, I did mention some players that chelsea would be interested in another Thread (Transfer Romours).

Originally posted by Oz:

My wishlist is for Chelsea to sign these following young talents :-

has so much potential! Very good atdribbling as well as very good at tackling too.- MID - PSG - 18yrs old

Ricardo Quaresma - RW/LW - FC Porto - 24yrs old

Miguel Veloso - DMID - Sporting CP - 22yrs old

Fábio Coentrão -LW- SL Benfica - 20yrs old

Mario Balotelli - ST- Inter - 17yrs old

Urby Emanuelson - LB - Ajax - 21 yrs old

Celsinho - CAM - Lokomotiv Moscow -19 yrs old

quaresma.jpg686755506-soccer-uefa-champions-league-gvascocampos1ew.jpgmario_balotelli.JPGEmanuelson_575851.jpg0,,11336861-EX,00.jpg

I think these young talented players are quality players but I dont think Chelsea are interested yet.

What do you think of these players I stated above.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Talented players but I think it all depends on the manager and his style of play. If Scolari comes I think Ricardo Quaresma will be a target and many others.

I would hate to see Chelsea employ Mancini, he is not a class manager. His record speaks for itself. Winning the Italian Seria A 3 times dont mean nothing as the opposition is very weak. Ancelotti is another overrated manager, I dont see him winning back to back with Chelsea.

Scolari and Hiddink will be the right choice to me. Lets see how it goes.

Winger, brother, I didnt take it wrong way bro. If I was in your shoes and we did beat Man Utd in Champions League final, my reactions would have been extreme. Congrats though for the double.

^^^Chelsea's hierarchy behave with no class and absolute ruthlessness. Abramovich is a good businessman and that ruthlessness bring success in business but not football. He made a big mistake by letting Mourinho go. He should take a lesson from his rivals especially Utd, who stick with their manager through thick and thin and spend money almost as crazy as Chelsea. Avram Grant was always gonna be sacked and out of all the managers available none of them will fulfill the needs of Abramovich. Dude needs a reality check.