Sign in to follow this  
Raxmah

A matter of pride...

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum nomads

I have friends who are converts, mostly African Americans, alxamdulilah they are trying their best to adhere to Islam and build their iman. But here is the problem, most somalis look down on them, and say oh those adoons pretending to be muslims, they dont even wear hijab. True they dont wear hijab, but they are new to islam and inshalah they will soon understand the importance of hijab. They think they are so much better than others. Pride is dangerous, pride and arrogance is the tools of shaytan. Yet every time they see them they have to comment on what they are doing wrong in a way that makes them look superior. I have noticed this kind of behavior in a lot somalis, why do we pride ourselves in such behavior that will turn people away from islam, all we do is preach and we aren't teaching. What can we do to help ourselves and how can we change this behavior? Also am just wondering, why do somalis have problem with african americans, I heard so many preconceived notions about them.