Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Family relationship stuff!!

So my dad's brother's daughter is here in la tonight!.......she just called me. Shes from the east coast. I have never seen or meat this person but she sounds kol. Shes hear in la with her 2 lil kids. Ama visit her tomorrow.

I just wanna know what u say to this kids!! Shall I say that i am adiiro or abtiyo!! i have no clue! u know shyte happens!! help pple. thx

ps: all i have seen (so far since i left home as a teenager, and i do have a large family..we txt most of the time) is one brother and a cousin.......and not the rest so far!!

Showqi   

Rudy,

gabadha adeerkaa ayaa dhalay marka iyadu waa Inaadeertaa

Ninkeedu (odeygeedu) waa Seedigaa

Caruurteedana waxaad u tahay Abti (to be exactly Abtigoodii 2aad)

Take some Xalwad, Qunbe iyo Shushumoow for the kids.........Don't be cheap Abti:D

Farmaraa   

Rudy, your uncle's daughter is your ABAAYO or WALAAL both are acceptable in our Somali culture. Her husband, you may call him ----"his name then have informal conversation with him ---- like , SEE TIHIIN KA WARAN SAFARKIINII , MINNESOTA WEATHER KEEDA MARNA WAA EXRTME QABAW MARNA EXTREME KULAYL something like that.

About the kids, call them ..........ABTI...........kids are kids in every where hopefully you get along with them easily

Juxa   

She is your first cousin, to Somalis she is just like your sister and her kids are your nieces and nephews

Allow alle

Aaliyyah   

I was actually gonna say adeer at first lol..I was thinking the girl is your "ina adeer" hence you should call the kids adeer. But, then I read the comments and they are right you are related to the girl not the father of the kids so I guess that makes you their abti :)..Have fun with your family.