Sign in to follow this  
Fazliyah

Envy Is a Dangerous Heart Disease!

Somalia   

It's bad, but I am pretty sure it isn't a medical condition. But how can you make only 152 posts since 2003, that's the real question at hand!

Aaliyyah   

I will listen to this clip inshallah, but there is a healthy jealousy and a bad one lol..you can say "I wish i had what hebel has" or something along those lines. But, you can't question God Oh Allah swt why did you give so and so that blessing? I wish he/she never had that. That is haraam. But, wishing to have what someone else has is completely fine. I am sure all of us has experienced it at least at one point in our lives. That is a normal jealousy :)

salaam

Raamsade   

Envy is actually not bad at all. Sometimes it acts as the impetus that propels man to greater heights. Your next door neighbour gets a fancy new car and envy drives you livid. Rather wallowing in envy and self-pity you use this energy in postive manner by striving harder to one day upstage your neighbour with fancier car. How is that bad thing?

Fazliyah   

Envy can be seen as a positive thing, but the example you provided doesn't support your claim. Envy is a good thing when it propels us to compete with our brother and sister in things that are good; for example, if it causes us to better ourselves islamically. Let’s say your neighbor prays more than you or is spiritually better, and your envy of his good actions pushes you to better yourself. In this case, envy would be a good thing. However, materialistic or mundane things such as your example wouldn’t be a situation where envy is good. Islam teaches us not to be envious of the things our brother have, but the good they do.

Narniah   

Fazliyah;848636 wrote:
Envy can be seen as a positive thing, but the example you provided doesn't support your claim. Envy is a good thing when it propels us to compete with our brother and sister in things that are good; for example, if it causes us to better ourselves islamically. Let’s say your neighbor prays more than you or is spiritually better, and your envy of his good actions pushes you to better yourself. In this case, envy would be a good thing. However,
materialistic or mundane things such as your example wouldn’t be a situation where envy is good. Islam teaches us not to be envious of the things our brother have, but the good they do.

True, I totally agree. In Islam it's not permitted to envy people for what they have, but it's permitted to envy a person for their piety i.e righteousness etc which benefits one in the hereafter. MashaAllah and who wouldn't wanna be like the righteous as they remind us of Allah.

Raamsade;844886 wrote:
Envy is actually not bad at all. Sometimes it acts as the impetus that propels man to greater heights. Your next door neighbour gets a fancy new car and envy drives you livid. Rather wallowing in envy and self-pity you use this energy in postive manner by striving harder to one day upstage your neighbour with fancier car. How is that bad thing?

Agreed- my brother went to university, and though I had no interest before, I went too. It can be a drive for personal improvement.But he's still taller than me :mad:

Indeed it's a dangerous heart disease well said. I agree with everything you said.

The-freeman;848940 wrote:
Agreed- my brother went to university, and though I had no interest before, I went too. It can be a drive for personal improvement.But he's still taller than me :mad:

Dear Freeman stop envying your brother. You have qualities that he doesn't have and admires about you and vice versa. You can't be perfect in everything.

Somalia   

The-freeman;848940 wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Top comment.

Bluelicious;849646 wrote:
Indeed it's a dangerous heart disease well said. I agree with everything you said.

Dear Freeman stop envying your brother. You have qualities that he doesn't have and admires about you and vice versa. You can't be perfect in everything.

kind words, thank you!