Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Cali Muhammad warancade Somaliland must prepare for another war with Somalia

NGONGE;842778 wrote:
Wilfred Owen

p.s.

Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori = It is sweet and proper to die for one's country.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bas/tard die for his. :D

NGONGE   

Sayid*Somal;842792 wrote:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bas/tard die for his.
:D

The objective of war is to win but the carrot you dangle in front of your soldiers is all that emotional mumbo jumbo about nationhood and defending the motherland.

When I was a kid, I watched an Egyptian movie (yeah, Egypt has quite an influence on me) about a rural Egyptian guy who was enlisted in the army (national service). The guy was a simple man and didn't understand the difference between an askri (policeman) and an askri (soldier). A university student from his village that acted as his mentor explained to him that the second kind of askri (soldier) has the job of defending the country from its enemies. However as Egyptian use the word 'balad' to describe a village and also a country, the simple man assumed that it was his village that had enemies. He wandered why anyone would want to harm his village, his little plot of land and his one cow!

Later when the man joined the army, he was taught to obey all orders (as a soldier must). He was stationed in a political prisoner's camp and on his first day he saw the prisoners being forced to eat their food from the floor with their hands tied behind their backs. So he asked his sergeant, "Why are those poor guys being tortured in such a way?". The sergeant replied "because these are the enemies of our land". The simple man was shocked at the magnanimity of his national army and said that such men should be killed instead of being fed!

Later, one of the prisoners attempts to escape and the simple man chases him and manages to kill him (in the struggle to arrest him). Later still, the university friend that used to be his mentor is brought to the prison because of whatever contrary political views he had. The simple man sees the other soldiers beating the man up and runs in to protect him whilst shouting "I know this man! This man is a good man; he is the son of so and so! He is not an enemy of our land". But the Major in charge of the prison ignores him and orders the soldiers to beat both of them. The university student eventually dies from a snake bite that the soldiers have used as part of their torture methods and the simple man (with the ugliness of the world now revealed to him) loses it and shoots all the soldiers in sight (including the evil major).

As the Egyptians are fond of saying (now more than ever) it’s all about suppressing freedom through the ignorance of the innocent.

Marka, how many of the Somali/Somaliland (or any other country's) youth will jump to the cry "wadankaaga difaac", saaxib?

Expect more rabble rousing from the secessionists' old guard. Ali knows for certain ; these negotiations are more about political in nature , and not as radical as most landers think .

Carafaat   

From my first memories as a child around 1986 till today in the year 2012 I have witnessed Somalis fleeing their homes due to war. I pray and dream of the day that no Somali has to flee his house or figth for it. Inshallah that day is close, when we will resolve all our issues around a table with pen and paper rather then with gun and bullets.

Warancade is wrong! If he was reacting on somebody calling for war against Somaliland, one could understand if he would call for selfdefense. But as far as I know, nobody in his right mind has called for a war against Somaliland. Atleast not in the recent years. Somalia´s issue with Somaliland is a political and legal issue. And thank Allah, that our current leaders understand that and have started talking this week. Warancade, Edna Aden, Faisal Ali Waraabe, Ahmed Yusuf Yaasin, etc are some of the many relics, who have dominated Somaliland politics since 90´s.

Their time in active politics is up. Its time for a younger generation!

Sayid*Somal;842792 wrote:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bas/tard die for his.
:D

that was general George patton's words againest Germany in WW2

Garnaqsi   

Che -Guevara;842669 wrote:
It's not warmongering, it's negotiating from advantage point.

Really? It sounded like a destabilisation plan to me, to say the least.

^It's matter of interest-how's consolidating power in Somalia and wooing friendly tribes a destabilizing factor? That's unless you believe Somalia shouldn't look for its interest?

In any case, negotiations now is huge waste of time.

Xaaji Xunjuf;842968 wrote:
^^ We should start now and see what the future brings it has to start some where.

Now is no good. Koonfur should put its house in order first.

^

Hi Che,

Don't pay these so-called "wadahadal" no mind!

Genuine negotiations to bring the troglodyte politicians of the north to the Somali national table will only start whence a viable effective government sets up shop in Mogadishu. Until then, they can send all the Sultan Faisal Yalaxows they've got up-north, to whistle in the wind with their TFG counterparts.