Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Carafaat's (free) business ideas

Carafaat   

Fashion Brands

You already have the first Somali fashion brand targetting Somali public. Decka Haboon Dirac.

Omar Munie and his handbags achieved international succes.

http://omarmunie.com/

omar-munie-with-model-kim-veenstra.jpg

Daily Paper Fashion is on the rise, it is founded by a Somali guy from Holland.

http://www.dailypaperclothing.com/

Daily-Paper_lookbook13_04-600x400.jpg

Olaf Hussein another Somali owned brand that is on the rise.

http://www.olafhussein.com/

540.jpg

^ i reckon this would work inaadeero Arafat. i thought of opening a fashion house. the idea was simple, really.

1. buy 4000 GBP worth of stock from TK Maxx and other designer outlets in the UK.

2. put it on the container ($800) and load on to Berbera port ($1000 max)

3. find an excellent location ($250 rent max)

4. simple minimalistic design and shop fittings etc ( the latter has to be imported to give the shop that ''professional'' look, max $1000)

5. personalised tailored service to high income earning and those with good disposable income. (priceless but Abercrombie & Fitch type staffing would be ideal)

6. make money and kick back. (dosh, cash, bucks, lacag, money :D)

guaranteed success, walahi. i can't find good quality clothes anywhere in SL. the key to making a profit here is the ''niche personalised tailored services'' and ''establishing a following through a dedicated customer base by offering them what they desire''.

Carafaat   

Inaar, it wouldnt definetly work. Dont forget an advertisement on the Somali TV. May I suggest a name for your venture. How about 'Gorilla Fashion', sounds quite strong and powerfull, doesnt it? Guaranteed Quality Clothing.

402459_329025127129175_2144584856_n.jpg

Khadafi   

Oba. and Mukulaalow.. yours requires a lot of investments, yaa haayo lacagtaas...

My thoughts have been on:

02.jpg

You have a lot of cows in somalia and milk, just ferment it and you have cheese!

Khadafi;932060 wrote:

You have a lot of cows in somalia and milk, just ferment it and you have cheese!

there was one such venture here in the republic but it failed. they produced a wide range of products called Ramad. they even had dutch cows and stuff.

Khadafi   

Alpha Blondy;932064 wrote:
there was one such venture here in the republic but it failed. they produced a wide range of products called Ramad. they even had dutch cows and stuff.

Didnt know that alpha! But the problem is that we dont eat cheese, so how do you teach people do that? Cheese inudstry/dietry requires alot of market enterprising.

Khadafi;932083 wrote:
Didnt know that alpha! But the problem is that we dont eat cheese, so how do you teach people do that? Cheese inudstry/dietry requires alot of market enterprising.

these are luxury products to many in the west. these products are taken for granted here. there is potential for export but not so much for an internal market to exist, i'm afraid.

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;932087 wrote:
these are luxury products to many in the west. these products are taken for granted here. there is potential for export but not so much for an internal market to exist, i'm afraid.

What about milk sxb? Where I'm from most people use powdered milk although fresh milk is available from traditional sellers. The processed milk is dominated by a Kenyan company KCC but they sell small portions for relatively high prices.

How about a small factory that produces "Khad Juice" as a form of a drinkable version of the Khat ? .... at least this would save people's time and they will no longer require to sit for long ours just to get high. :D

Jacaylbaro;932094 wrote:
How about a small factory that produces "Khad Juice" as a form of a drinkable version of the Khat ? .... at least this would save people's time and they will no longer require to sit for long ours just to get high.
:D

Yuuuuuccccckkkkk

Jacaylbaro;932094 wrote:
How about a small factory that produces "Khad Juice" as a form of a drinkable version of the Khat ? .... at least this would save people's time and they will no longer require to sit for long ours just to get high.
:D

again, this business model is bound to fail. for many, the mirqaan (trance) is in the long hours wasted in building ''skyscrapers in the sky''.....but i suppose there's potential for those seeking quick fix solutions. i know one guy who uses a blender to 'ridiq'' his carefully assorted leaves. :cool:

Imagine you wake up in the morning ,,, feeling quite lazy ,,, then on your way to work, you just grabbed one bottle of this ,, ?? ,,,, miyaanad si fiican u shaqayseen ?? :D