Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Why my family get one bedroom flat somalis mansion?

Yunis   

Too bad Ms Claire came from the poor & the disadvantage of UK. but, wipe your crocodile tears.

From the mid 1650's to 1780 over 70% total of UK government income came directly from its African or Caribbean colonies. Slave labour & sweat also transformed the economy of dark-age Brian, building museums in London, glasgow, industries of plantation cotton, and rail roads...etc.

Somalis reaping the benefits of generous social welfare system in Uk, is a small amount of reparation and avenge on Ms Claire's country.

What about welfare misuse in Scandinavia? How about the Somalis who benefited from ancient slave trades and even played a part themselves?

Blackflash;841246 wrote:
How about the Somalis who benefited from ancient slave trades and even played a part themselves?

neva heard of that,do you have genuine link?

Carafaat   

In West Africa, Europeans have been trading marbles, glas, paper in exchange for gold. How did they get their so called 'gold reserve'?

They even chopped off the heads of rebbelios African kings. Such a head of an African king was recently returned by the Dutch to the Asanti tribe of Ghana.

Blackflash, you think Scandinavians are innocent. Tell me where did the Cali beesteen who inhabited Miinesota go?

Periplus of the Erythraean Sea refers to a slave market in several Somali market towns about 2000+ years ago. There's was much more activity during the Arab slave trade, but I'll have to get back to you on the sources behind that.

@Carafaat,I find nothing wrong with the first part, if Africans were naive enough the trade their gold for consumable goods, then that was their fault. As for the second part, if you go back far enough everyone has blood on their hands. The fact that you're able to live in a foreign country as a refugee with full access to amenities is repayment enough, there's no need to ask for more. In fact, former colonies tend to get preference for immigration, so in a way they are paying back.

NGONGE   

Yunis;841245 wrote:
Too bad Ms Claire came from the poor & the disadvantage of UK. but, wipe your crocodile tears.

From the mid 1650's to 1780 over 70% total of UK government income came directly from its African or Caribbean colonies. Slave labour & sweat also transformed the economy of dark-age Brian, building museums in London, glasgow, industries of plantation cotton, and rail roads...etc.

Somalis reaping the benefits of generous social welfare system in Uk, is a small amount of reparation and avenge on Ms Claire's country.

Very juvenile argument there, Yunis.

At any rate, the woman should not blame Somalis, she should blame the system (if the system is wrong).

What's with the plural 'Somalis' here, I thought the woman was talking about one family. Its not the woman, or the system is at fault here but the sun newspaper.

I know, and I'm talking about personal experiences, hundreds of large Somali families who live cramped up in small rooms and in the most destitute areas of London with the worst of conditions. But, I don't think the sun will bring it to the public eye the plight of those poor refugees. Who cares? right, huh

Would it make it right if she were the one occupying that mansion? I don't see her rational. It's the system that allows poor people to live in mansions, so either wait for your turn or hang yourself.

Polanyi   

These people are making a big deal out of one Somali fmaily striking it luckily when the fact is that most Somalis have been housed in the council estates around the uk. Anyone who lived in greater our outer london estates in the early to late 90s as a child knows what we have been through- from having urine threw our doors, to our edoos being attacked, to being spat on, etc. The SUN is taking it too far, walahi.

Poster, other than the sensational title, not much to see here. And I hate to admit this, but Ngonge is right, there is no story here, unless ofcourse your intention was to generate a discussion around welfare reform?

Beggers cannot be choosers... Claire appears to be trying and struggling to put food on the table....where as the yahoo's(Somalis) not only collect benefits but they are receiving housing subsidies. In addition, they are living in luxury that ordinary people only dream off....so in a way, the system is at fault here, not claire and certainly not

the yahoo's living in the posh neighbourhoods.

This is upsetting for anyone who reads it but the blame lies with the council and their cronies. I think both families should be thrown out to the streets.

Low incoming housing is available as an emergency measure. Its a safety net. It should not be used to encourage free loaders from taking responsibilities for themselves and their families.

Recipients should be required to seek employment, there should be measures in place that will transition people into the work force over time. However, being on benefits, receiving housing subsidies for a decade or more is

reprehensible and too much for any sane one to take.

I'm incensed but we have heard this tune before...we can't be upset. Make sure you vote with your feet, elect

the right people, not the same old parties.

Free loaders should be forced out of the system and serious comprehensive reform can get this done. Similar to the measures in place for unemployment insurance, people should pay into this, employed and unemployed

alike and it should be restricted.

Moreover, the council is not doing the yahoo's any favours. In fact, they are handicapping them.

No one owes anything to anybody, especially the yahoos and their free loading sympathizers.

and

Yunis;841245 wrote:

Whenever I read people throwing stats left and right, I start to suspect them. I dont think you know what you are talking about. Also, I don't think you realize what you are saying.

I dont think you realize regurgitating the late Walter Rodney's talking points will not get you out of the mess you

find yourself.

Why did you choose mid 1650s? and why did it end before 1800? When you are playing with dates and stats, you have to explain yourself. One lines would not suffice. And how did you calculate the so called 'total of UK government income"? Does this include the net import of raw material? How do you calculate the finished product

during this same period? What about investment per capital? Tax system? Tariffs?

Why haven't you talked about the other side of the Atlantic's credit boom in the same period?

When I re-read the part that I quoted above, I can't help myself but think that you are talking about Africa and the Caribbean as a collective body...and you paint the British as the evil doers, leaving its European and African

counterparts blameless? History anyone?

See what happens when you open a can of worms? You forget about the boom and bust of both sides of the

continent...You forget Spain, you forget France and its sugar colonies, you forget tiny Portugal, Dutch etc.....

Mida kale, what does forced labour have to do with inadequacies of the 21st century welfare system of the

United Kingdom?

And remember, its not enough that you know Europe's exploitation of Africa, or more specifically, British

exploitation of Africa..... you need to know what role such exploitation played...and how significant was it?

You cannot oversimplify a complex issue and think it will go unchallenged.

I'm challenging you to know the what and the how...not point the obvious mask which you attempted to uncover. This is to say the underdevelopment of Africa, and now fill the blanks.........................

Best wishes,

LayZie G.

^^ didn't blame anyone except the "SUN" for being selective about one or two families.I just put the link to see what people have to say.